Hidden wall bed

Luckcent

Hi All

I am trying to remodel my bedroom with the hidden wall bed type of furniture. Any one here have these ?. I need to know its advantages and disadvantges. Do share your experience.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi All

I am trying to remodel my bedroom with the hidden wall bed type of furniture. Any one here have these ?. I need to know its advantages and disadvantges. Do share your experience.

Wanted to do it

Watching this:

Queen Size Vertical Mount Easy DIY Murphy Wall Bed Hardware Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017701FUE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_9rseAb01932YV

• Praise 1

It's called a Murphy bed.. Quite popular in space-limited apartments in HK and Japan...

90829-04-1000.jpg

Disadvantages:

1. Not able to lie down immediately after a long day
  2. Need to ensure that the space to be occupied by the bed is clutter-free which means you have to be reasonably neat
  3. Hinges need to be serviced regularly to ensure safety above all else
  4. Potential breeding ground for bugs due to the dank nature (i.e. cannot air the bed if you need the space without the bed)

Advantages:

1. Maximises the use of space in small spaces
  2. Gives you more room to multi-use the same space for different purposes

Thanks for the comments. As for Mustank, there are a few companies that provide these hidden bed furnitures, diy maybe cheaper but the materials may not be strong ( my opinion ). For terrylmt, the disadvantages seems real versus the advantages and finally Jman888, I quite agree, time will be telling because of putting up and pulling down day and night becomes a chore. Cheers guys.

• Praise 1

I got a table + super single bed thing for my study/guest room. Is quite useful. Only thing is the bed is higher than usual bed. And must resist cluttering the bottom of table with things when in table mode. For me is for the grandparents to sleep over, but they all scared of the bed height, so do check on that

Edited by Chongster