Animal Communicator

Sissypoo

Anyone heard or approached a Animal Communicator to communicate with your dog before? 

I have heard of SG animal rescue groups getting AC to ask missing dogs abt their well being

Following comments from a dog fb group 

fb.jpg.477d1dd779b1a7656097641693cdd147.jpg

305442690_fb2.jpg.7cd6b101f3fc013716b979ffead7ffbf.jpg

715242589_fb3.jpg.20f74d3ae300a96e7bf285c4a4a3aca3.jpg

40911772_fb4.jpg.bd9a3057328cbadce3ef208667bbc6c6.jpg

a little back story here

the reason for asking is my wife has been asking to get an animal communicator for our little dachshund suffering from acute kidney failure

about a month plus since onset. countless visits to the vet

she is lethargic and breathing heavily most of the time

vet says condition is stable but no improvements for her blood test (BUN level)

she is home now and we have to learn to administer subcutaneous injection twice a day

it is extremely stressful for my dach as well as for us because she refuse to eat her meals and meal times becomes a fight and a struggle. they can be stubborn 

force feeding takes about 45 mins. that actually means 1 hour of unhappiness for her 2 times a day

since the onset of acute renal failure everything has been going down hill for our little girl. we are also truly aware that many fail to recover from renal failure even if its acute and not chronic

Wife hope to find out from AC how is our girl feeling, is she still coping, is she tired? is she fighting just because she doesn't want mama and papa to feel sad? we also want her to tell us if she's truly tired please tell mama and papa, we don't want her to be suffering

i'm skeptical when it comes to this (AC = psychic? unbelievable) hence don't wish to post on fb (wife can see and don't want to hurt her feelings). this is a car forum but i'm trying my luck here. will be good if anyone has firsthand experience or heard of something like this and let me know if it truly works or just a scam or a "feel good" for ourselves that we've done it right for our fur pals 

thank you 

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 3

Turbocharged

No idea about the AC but having been in your situation multiple times with my dogs and cats, there comes a time when you have to let go and put the animal out of it's suffering.

From what you're describing, i'd say it's time to let the little one go already 😔

• Praise 2
  • Sad 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

first of all, my sympathies to you on your dog having acute renal failure.

I've had 2 episodes with renal failure for cats - 1 is acute and 1 is chronic.

The acute case recovered and lived a very active and healthy life till she was 17. She was 6 when she had acute renal failure brought on by a heart condition. 

The chronic case carried on for 2 years but she finally passed on from old age and other organ failures. She was 18 when she was diagnosed with chronic renal failure.

Have asked vet if it was ever a stabbing pain. The answer was it is likely a very dull ache and general discomfort. Cats have a very high threshold for pain so I am not sure if the same applies for dogs.

So my advice to you is continue what you are doing. Continue with the feeding (any food is better than no food) and sub Q per vet's instructions (this is very very important, I cannot stress enough) and whatever medicine the vet gave.

Syringe feed if you can. Blend the food with a blender. Suck it up into a syringe (a big one since it is a dog) and force feed. With practice, you can do a feeding in 15 min. But they need to trust you are doing the best for them.

Let it rest. Sit by its side often, even when it is sleeping or resting. I think my cats love it when I do that.

Go for monthly blood tests to see if what you are doing are reaping results. Once stabilised, quarterly tests till out of the woods. I know it's damn expensive but it is worth it to me.

And be less stressed up. They can feel it. If you are less stressed, it will be less tensed up.

And trust your vet.

I am not a believer in AC. You know your dog best. Its actions, its eyes, its tail, its sleeping position etc will tell you if it is comfortable.

But if the time comes for a crucial decision, I think you owe it to the dog to make it as comfortable as possible. It is heart wrenching but to me, it has to be done. Discuss this beforehand and come to a decision with family members on this. Decide what is important - your dog suffering in pain or your heart suffering in pain.

All the best. All efforts to help it recover is worth it.

Edited by Kxbc
  • Praise 5

I actually had engaged an AC from the US before. This was after my Treo had passed away. This AC speaks to the souls of the animals instead of living ones.

I am very shocked at the info that this AC could give me. Most of the stuffs is only know to me and my wife. Had recommended her to another friend of mine whose forked also just passed. She also told her a lot of info only known to her and her forked and those stuffs are never shared in FB.

• Sad 1

Internal Moderator
28 minutes ago, Sissypoo said:

Anyone heard or approached a Animal Communicator to communicate with your dog before? 

I have heard of SG animal rescue groups getting AC to ask missing dogs abt their well being

Following comments from a dog fb group 

fb.jpg.477d1dd779b1a7656097641693cdd147.jpg

305442690_fb2.jpg.7cd6b101f3fc013716b979ffead7ffbf.jpg

715242589_fb3.jpg.20f74d3ae300a96e7bf285c4a4a3aca3.jpg

40911772_fb4.jpg.bd9a3057328cbadce3ef208667bbc6c6.jpg

a little back story here

the reason for asking is my wife has been asking to get an animal communicator for our little dachshund suffering from acute kidney failure

about a month plus since onset. countless visits to the vet

she is lethargic and breathing heavily most of the time

vet says condition is stable but no improvements for her blood test (BUN level)

she is home now and we have to learn to administer subcutaneous injection twice a day

it is extremely stressful for my dach as well as for us because she refuse to eat her meals and meal times becomes a fight and a struggle. they can be stubborn 

force feeding takes about 45 mins. that actually means 1 hour of unhappiness for her 2 times a day

since the onset of acute renal failure everything has been going down hill for our little girl. we are also truly aware that many fail to recover from renal failure even if its acute and not chronic

Wife hope to find out from AC how is our girl feeling, is she still coping, is she tired? is she fighting just because she doesn't want mama and papa to feel sad? we also want her to tell us if she's truly tired please tell mama and papa, we don't want her to be suffering

i'm skeptical when it comes to this (AC = psychic? unbelievable) hence don't wish to post on fb (wife can see and don't want to hurt her feelings). this is a car forum but i'm trying my luck here. will be good if anyone has firsthand experience or heard of something like this and let me know if it truly works or just a scam or a "feel good" for ourselves that we've done it right for our fur pals 

thank you 

I experience the same hardship as you before. I used to have a JRT named toastie and she is healthy until age of 8, and suddenly she has been rejecting food and I am worried and also a countless time of vet visit. She suffered from liver failure and I have to perform drip at home for her to make sure she is hydrated.

3A4A955C-567B-40A8-A42C-9905AB7E2E47_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.ed301b8208713f8b891cc840214fa5ae.jpeg

For the feeding part, don't take it as an unhappy activity for her. She is a living thing and she needs food to survive. You are doing your best to keep her alive. She will thank you for everything.

I don't think you should spend on an animal communicator. Not saying I don't believe all these. But you know your dach best. Their eyes are very expressive. If you really know them well, you will know that they can speak to you through a stare.

- Hooman give me food!

- I don't want to take a bath hooman!

- What time already? why are you not back home yet hooman?

I believe everytime you look at your dach, she is speaking to you.

Toastie has since passed away, I was depressed for a very long time. Life seems meaningless, work is boring, Mood is blue.

But at the end of the day, I am glad that she is in my life and she makes me a better person. Now I am devoting some of my time to more needy animal and try to help them as much as possible.

Toastie Rocks! 🙂

Just continue to love your dach the way you have always been. I think this is the best presents you can give her. 🙂

• Praise 7
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

I experience the same hardship as you before. I used to have a JRT named toastie and she is healthy until age of 8, and suddenly she has been rejecting food and I am worried and also a countless time of vet visit. She suffered from liver failure and I have to perform drip at home for her to make sure she is hydrated.

3A4A955C-567B-40A8-A42C-9905AB7E2E47_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.ed301b8208713f8b891cc840214fa5ae.jpeg

For the feeding part, don't take it as an unhappy activity for her. She is a living thing and she needs food to survive. You are doing your best to keep her alive. She will thank you for everything.

I don't think you should spend on an animal communicator. Not saying I don't believe all these. But you know your dach best. Their eyes are very expressive. If you really know them well, you will know that they can speak to you through a stare.

- Hooman give me food!

- I don't want to take a bath hooman!

- What time already? why are you not back home yet hooman?

I believe everytime you look at your dach, she is speaking to you.

Toastie has since passed away, I was depressed for a very long time. Life seems meaningless, work is boring, Mood is blue.

But at the end of the day, I am glad that she is in my life and she makes me a better person. Now I am devoting some of my time to more needy animal and try to help them as much as possible.

Toastie Rocks! 🙂

Just continue to love your dach the way you have always been. I think this is the best presents you can give her. 🙂

I know exactly how you feel. I was also very depressed and everything didn't interest me. Just wanna get home and cry. Till now I am still grieving over his death in 2015. Thats why I am never able to have another forked in my home and life again.

• Sad 3

35 minutes ago, Myxilplix said:

No idea about the AC but having been in your situation multiple times with my dogs and cats, there comes a time when you have to let go and put the animal out of it's suffering.

From what you're describing, i'd say it's time to let the little one go already 😔

i get what you mean

its also very upsetting when blood tests after blood tests and its a constant

vet says condition is stabilised but nothing else they can do but bring home and come back again for blood tests

my little one is a fighter. she still does her cute little walks for once in the morning and when we come home but it doesn't last and she gets tired fast, after that she will rest in her bed or on the floor the whole time again. breaks our heart 

• Praise 1

(edited)
50 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

first of all, my sympathies to you on your dog having acute renal failure.

I've had 2 episodes with renal failure for cats - 1 is acute and 1 is chronic.

The acute case recovered and lived a very active and healthy life till she was 17. She was 6 when she had acute renal failure brought on by a heart condition. 

The chronic case carried on for 2 years but she finally passed on from old age and other organ failures. She was 18 when she was diagnosed with chronic renal failure.

Have asked vet if it was ever a stabbing pain. The answer was it is likely a very dull ache and general discomfort. Cats have a very high threshold for pain so I am not sure if the same applies for dogs.

So my advice to you is continue what you are doing. Continue with the feeding (any food is better than no food) and sub Q (this is very very important, I cannot stress enough) and whatever medicine the vet gave.

Syringe feed if you can. Blend the food with a blender. Suck it up into a syringe (a big one since it is a dog) and force feed. With practice, you can do a feeding in 15 min. But they need to trust you are doing the best for them.

Let it rest. Sit by its side often, even when it is sleeping or resting. I think my cats love it when I do that.

Go for monthly blood tests to see if what you are doing are reaping results. Once stabilised, quarterly tests till out of the woods. I know it's damn expensive but it is worth it to me.

And be less stressed up. They can feel it. If you are less stressed, it will be less tensed up.

And trust your vet.

I am not a believer in AC. You know your dog best. Its actions, its eyes, its tail, its sleeping position etc will tell you if it is comfortable.

But if the time comes for a crucial decision, I think you owe it to the dog to make it as comfortable as possible. It is heart wrenching but to me, it has to be done. Discuss this beforehand and come to a decision with family members on this. Decide what is important - your dog suffering in pain or your heart suffering in pain.

All the best. All efforts to help it recover is worth it.

thanks for this. 17 and 18. thats a really good age

my dach is only 8 this year. too young also no warning prior to this kidney failure

started off with diarrhoea some vomiting then a unwillingness to eat even her favourite snacks. we brought her to the vet right after. this is actually the second vet we've visited and settled for

her condition has deteriorated since a month ago but is now "stable" with no improvements. you know i know what that means

we are also using syringe feeding. no blender but we mesh up her food till its liquid enough to feed through a syringe

she may be sick but she sure a fighter even when she's sick. no food means no food

goes into her mouth, have to tilt her head up and massage it down her throat if not she will spit it out. maybe that explains her lethargy

all energy spent on the "food fighting" with us 

looking at her condition now, we have to be honest we are thinking of letting her go, some may feel it is cruel but we can tell from their eyes they are suffering. next is the consideration of when is truly the right time? we want to spend more time with her. maybe 3 days later we will let her go. maybe next week? its tough. never the right time. only prolonging

vet review will be every 2 weeks now

Edited by Sissypoo
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

I'd rather you go for a 2nd vet's opinion instead of "AC"

this is actually our second vet consulted and we have settled with this one

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

I actually had engaged an AC from the US before. This was after my Treo had passed away. This AC speaks to the souls of the animals instead of living ones.

I am very shocked at the info that this AC could give me. Most of the stuffs is only know to me and my wife. Had recommended her to another friend of mine whose forked also just passed. She also told her a lot of info only known to her and her forked and those stuffs are never shared in FB.

yes I have heard of amazing things from fellow dog owners in sg. In the fb groups there are frequent sharing not from just one but many. I am tempted to experience it too and decide for myself whether it works or not

what did you ask during the sesssion? if you are okie to share? will be very helpful to know

• Praise 1

also would like to say that we put medical treatments as priority and lookig for an animal communciator is not our way of looking for a "miracle" or an alternate way out

just want to understand our dogs feelings

5 minutes ago, Sissypoo said:

my dach is only 8 this year. too young also no warning prior to this kidney failure

started off with diarrhoea some vomiting then a unwillingness to eat even her favourite snacks. we brought her to the vet right after. this is actually the second vet we've visited and settled for

her condition has deteriorated since a month ago but is now "stable" with no improvements. you know i know what that means

we are also using syringe feeding. no blender but we mesh up her food till its liquid enough to feed through a syringe

she may be sick but she sure a fighter even when she's sick. no food means no food

goes into her mouth, have to tilt her head up and massage it down her throat if not she will spit it out. maybe that explains her lethargy

looking at her condition now, we have to be honest we are thinking of letting her go, some may feel it is cruel but we can tell from their eyes they are suffering. next is the consideration of when is truly the right time? we want to spend more time with her. maybe 3 days later we will let her go. maybe next week? its tough. never the right time. only prolonging

My Treo also had kidney cancer according to the latest vet he saw. Also the second vet that we visited.

He also vomitted, no appetite for food, schnauzer very tam jiak one. I remember him so skinny and not eating for days to months. Till he didn't even have the strength to get up and pee and poo. Once I came home and he is lying on the living room floor soaked by his pee. That really made me so so so sad. I had to lift him up on his tummy to let him 'stand' on all fours for him to do his business. That really made me so so so sad that my fat boy had been reduced to this stage where his ribs is so obvious and he have no strength to do anything.

Next came the fits he have in the night. Last straw is when he have the fits from 11pm to 7am. Whole night we had been patting him to make him more comfortable and try to make him stop shaking. Then we decided to let him go, which really broke our heart as we really loved him so so much. The whole idea is to let him go on his own but I really can't bear to see him suffer like that anymore.

I am very sorry but I just can't continue to type more as the memories is still very fresh in my head and I can't stop crying.

• Praise 1
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, Sissypoo said:

yes I have heard of amazing things from fellow dog owners in sg. In the fb groups there are frequent sharing not from just one but many. I am tempted to experience it too and decide for myself whether it works or not

what did you ask during the sesssion? if you are okie to share? will be very helpful to know

I just asked how is he. Then the AC began to tell me what is he thinking, what is he missing etc etc. 

• Praise 1

I used to have a dachshund too. Healthy all the way until 13 yrs old, blood test all Ok. Then one day he just stopped eating, became lethargic and 2-3 days later, he passed on. I'm still sad about it too and think about him daily. I think he left 3 years ago. But I've adopted 3 others in remembrance of him. 

Just treasure the times you have with your pup, and make them happy and comfortable as much as you can, talk to them, bring them out go see see look look. Don't live with regrets. A week before our dachshund passed, we brought him out to walk orchard road, look at the lights and drive around. That is the best memory I have of him that we managed to share together before he left. 

As for why he passed on. Vet mentioned it was probably cancer than no one could have detected since he showed no symptoms at all until it was too late. 

Animal communicators are imo, snake oil. Same for those ppl that "talk to the dead". 

• Praise 4

Internal Moderator
34 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

I know exactly how you feel. I was also very depressed and everything didn't interest me. Just wanna get home and cry. Till now I am still grieving over his death in 2015. Thats why I am never able to have another forked in my home and life again.

yeah. I still miss her alot. She is not in a pet columbarium, so if I wanna visit her, I can still do so.

6B724EB0-0EDE-414D-9CF1-69B886F5767D_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.fb9c646ce1b7addd515f7b24c202bf5c.jpeg

I miss them alot, and I would like to give back to their pack. That's why I have been adopting since then. I will continue to do so until I cannot afford to do so. This is my love for toastie. 🙂

Don't say I not good. Got 4D number for you all. haha.

• Praise 3
  • Sad 1

Turbocharged
9 minutes ago, Sissypoo said:

vet review will be every 2 weeks now

We fought alongside each of our ailing cats.

For the one with acute renal failure, we force fed her 4 to 5 times a day, even in the wee hours. We made sure each feed is as short as possible and that she has constant food in her body to help her fight. We fought for 2 months plus at home. She was sent home after 10 days of hospitalisation as the vet could do nothing more for her and hoped that a home environment would be less stressful for her.

I want to give you a background why you might not see immediate improvements. For us, the first 2 weeks at home was also touch and go. But she was young (6 then) and we saw some signs of recovery and her fighting spirit. If she wants to fight the illness, we are prepared to fight alongside her. Week 3 to 6 saw some slight improvements. Week 7 & 8 saw the most improvements. We were so happy when she stood up and walked out of the room herself. Blood tests were almost weekly then.

For your girl, you know best if she is fighting alongside you. Are you prepared to give up sleep to nurse her round the clock? Prepared to force feed her even when she does not like it (not sure if it works better if you wrap her like a tortilla wrap with a towel to prevent struggling)? Prepared to do a sub Q 2x daily and feel the needle prick through the skin (I can tell you it gets easier each time)?

I thought 8 years is still a good young age for a dachshund. As a small breed, their life expectancy is generally more than 12. Maybe even 15.

Prepared to fight or prepared to let her rest in comfort? There is no correct answer. Each route is right in its own ways.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3