Mazda CX-5 2023

Contipro

Twincharged

With In line 6 Engine & 8 Speed Autobox,the price will be in BMW 4 Cyls Range,expect it to cost at least $230,000 & above....

Have checked with Tek Singapore. They will not bring in these models... these are for the U.S and Europe market. Singapore dont have the demand. Who will pay for a  mazda above $150k? 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Westin said:

Have checked with Tek Singapore. They will not bring in these models... these are for the U.S and Europe market. Singapore dont have the demand. Who will pay for a  mazda above $150k? 

If it’s an all new model why won’t it come or sell? Other competitors like CRV is 175k and RAV4 is 150k too..

They mentioned nobody will buy a mazda that is prized at $160k and above. Even for skyactiv x , there is no demand. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Westin said:

That's what they told me back in the days when I asked about the cx30. They say already got cx5 so won't bring in. Similar to what they said about the skyactiveX engine. But in the end they still brought all these in..

• Haha! 3

Twincharged
37 minutes ago, shawn207 said:

If it’s an all new model why won’t it come or sell? Other competitors like CRV is 175k and RAV4 is 150k too..

This one will cost above $225,000 will you buy.?

Twincharged
22 minutes ago, Acegabz said:

That's what they told me back in the days when I asked about the cx30. They say already got cx5 so won't bring in. Similar to what they said about the skyactiveX engine. But in the end they still brought all these in..

They can say all they want. If the principal( ie Mazda factory) insist, can say no meh? Continue to reject and very soon the distributorship will be taken away. 

• Praise 1

Indeed. I hope Mazda global will ask Tek to bring in the premium mazda if they intend to go the premium route. Mazda cars are above all other japanese makes.. its catching up the 3 conti in terms of quality.

5 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

This one will cost above $225,000 will you buy.?

How do you know it will be above 225k? If it’s priced similar to the competitors in its class I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t sell. Perhaps they might bring in the 4 cylinder to save cost. Anyway I asked TEK if they are willing to bring in the current gen high spec Mazda 3 in 2.0 (which I’m willing to pay Mazda 6 price for) but they are unwilling to. In the end I got the cx30 2.0 instead. 

Twincharged
44 minutes ago, shawn207 said:

How do you know it will be above 225k? If it’s priced similar to the competitors in its class I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t sell. Perhaps they might bring in the 4 cylinder to save cost. Anyway I asked TEK if they are willing to bring in the current gen high spec Mazda 3 in 2.0 (which I’m willing to pay Mazda 6 price for) but they are unwilling to. In the end I got the cx30 2.0 instead. 

6 Cyls,with 8 Speeds Autobox & RWD needs so many more Parts...OMV sure $48,000 & Above.

Twincharged
8 hours ago, shawn207 said:

If a Car/SUV with 6 Cyls Engine,8 Speed Autobox & RWD for Mazda 6,AWD for CX-5,selling between $150,000-$175,000,do you think BMW 540i , Mercedes Benz E53,BMW X5/6 & Mercedes Benz GLE 450 still can sell.?

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, Acegabz said:

They have to bring in the cx30 because there seems a gap between cx3 and cx5 and also the cx3 engine is downsized to cat A.

Turbocharged
10 hours ago, Westin said:

Most likely Singapore model will only have  the 4 cylinder 2WD/FWD variant...

Have to give it a test drive when the car arrives to know how good it is.

There will be a lot of added weight, from the inline six engine, rear wheel drivetrain and the mild hybrid or hybrid system.

There may be added power coming from the inline six spcci engine but the car could be slowed by the additional weight.