Our Banking System

Arogab

2 screenshot shows that there was someone whom I did not know had sent me $2.40 into my Pay Now. I wrote in to tell them about it. Mentioned that I do not know this guy and tell them to return it. 

I got a response to got into DIGIBOT to find out the result. End up they say they keep calling me but no response (of cos, unidentified numbers, I don't take them). Thus they ask me to leave them another message. I did so too. Very soon, my phone rings and I picked up. They verified me with all the stupid question and even tell me I should keep sufficient funds for them to deduct. (This I told them off, you mean I do not have $2.40 in my account that you have to tell me that?)

I just want to say this stupid idiot who drop the $2.40 into my Pay Now has caused me incurred a stupid roaming call for $4.00. If I do not write to return the money and they think I will pocket the $2.40. What the heck? 

Is this what it should be for our banking system. Wah Lao

2d06034b16fe0609fce35a9eb08131c.png

bb31ea4e89e64981738222c52687859.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Normal for DBS la.

Check whether your paynow and paylah have the correct phone number.

If you have been using your number for a long long time, it is likely sender key in the wrong number.

18 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Normal for DBS la.

If you have been using your number for a long long time, it is likely sender key in the wrong number.

By the way, one phone number can only be tagged to one Paylah and/or Paynow account right?

If my phone number is used for DBS Paylah, then this number cannot be tagged to say Paynow under OCBC ?

• Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Normal for DBS la.

My number has been with me for as long as I can remember. Probably before year 2000. 

And I wonder if I get the money and I just keep quiet. If it is $2.4M I will run road. Sigh, just $2.40 and costed me $4 for my roaming. Dam pek chek, some more people tell you, "Please ensure you got sufficient funds for the deduction" . I need to bang my head.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Just now, Arogab said:

My number has been with me for as long as I can remember. Probably before year 2000. 

And I wonder if I get the money and I just keep quiet. If it is $2.4M I will run road. Sigh, just $2.40 and costed me $4 for my roaming. Dam pek chek, some more people tell you, "Please ensure you got sufficient funds for the deduction" . I need to bang my head.

Since you are overseas, don't bother to be nice man la.

Let the sender contact the bank.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

By the way, one phone number can only be tagged to one Paylah and/or Paynow account right?

If my phone number is used for DBS Paylah, then this number cannot be tagged to say Paynow under OCBC ?

Can lah....But I am thinking to start an APP call "Pay Later" :D 

• Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

It can be tagged differently.  This is especially so for ppl for change mobile number regularly.

• Praise 1

Just now, inlinesix said:

Since you are overseas, don't bother to be nice man la.

Let the sender contact the bank.

I think next time I will await them to contact me instead. I thot just write to them can liao. I never expect them to follow up and cause me this. The fella who did that to me also never think one. Already mention I am overseas

• Praise 1

Just now, Arogab said:

I think next time I will await them to contact me instead. I thot just write to them can liao. I never expect them to follow up and cause me this. The fella who did that to me also never think one. Already mention I am overseas

Some time ppl just want to do their job and be done with it.  They may not listen to you.

Next time, let them contact you.

4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Some time ppl just want to do their job and be done with it.  They may not listen to you.

Next time, let them contact you.

After that stupid call, I feel so damn bloody silly. I should have not done anything at all. All becos of $2.40. 

I just feel there should be a better system to it

Watever e amount big or small, good thing u did some "paper work" to protect urself when u return e $.

1 thing i dun like abt paynow etc is tis, when someone sent $ to u by mistake, it is a hassle to return....need to do some "paper work" to protect urself -.-ll, althou not ur fault.

6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

It can be tagged differently.  This is especially so for ppl for change mobile number regularly.

@inlinesix Thank you for the clarification on this point (change of phone number used to tag to an account)

But on the other hand, my phone number cannot be linked to multiple paynow/paylah accounts. ://
For example, if my number is registered for DBS paylah, and I also want to register it for UOB Paynow it is rejected and the message said: "The selected identification is registered with another bank. Please deregister in the respective bank before it can be registered for the current bank."

10 minutes ago, Arogab said:

After that stupid call, I feel so damn bloody silly. I should have not done anything at all. All becos of $2.40. 

I just feel there should be a better system to it

The sender should double-check the payee's name before hitting send.

• Angry 1

17 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

@inlinesix Thank you for the clarification on this point (change of phone number used to tag to an account)

But on the other hand, my phone number cannot be linked to multiple paynow/paylah accounts. ://
For example, if my number is registered for DBS paylah, and I also want to register it for UOB Paynow it is rejected and the message said: "The selected identification is registered with another bank. Please deregister in the respective bank before it can be registered for the current bank."

Paynow is ABS thingy while paylah is DBS thingy.

Your number is tagged a paynow account.  You might want to check which account it was tagged to.

For DBS, it is inside DBS mobile app (NOT paynow app)

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

The sender should double-check the payee's name before hitting send.

That's why. I pray, now I so nice. Next time got sender never check and send me $240K can liao. Then he did not check and never come to ask it back from me :D 

• Haha! 1

Just now, Arogab said:

That's why. I pray, now I so nice. Next time got sender never check and send me $240K can liao. Then he did not check and never come to ask it back from me :D 

Daily maximum limit is $50k.

😂

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Arogab said:

2 screenshot shows that there was someone whom I did not know had sent me $2.40 into my Pay Now. I wrote in to tell them about it. Mentioned that I do not know this guy and tell them to return it. 

I got a response to got into DIGIBOT to find out the result. End up they say they keep calling me but no response (of cos, unidentified numbers, I don't take them). Thus they ask me to leave them another message. I did so too. Very soon, my phone rings and I picked up. They verified me with all the stupid question and even tell me I should keep sufficient funds for them to deduct. (This I told them off, you mean I do not have $2.40 in my account that you have to tell me that?)

I just want to say this stupid idiot who drop the $2.40 into my Pay Now has caused me incurred a stupid roaming call for $4.00. If I do not write to return the money and they think I will pocket the $2.40. What the heck? 

Is this what it should be for our banking system. Wah Lao

2d06034b16fe0609fce35a9eb08131c.png

bb31ea4e89e64981738222c52687859.png

Its a bit too much to blame it on the banking system lah, bro!   Muayhahaha.

↡ Advertisement