Col1172 Neutral Newbie May 19, 2004 Share May 19, 2004 bros, anyone out there drive Vivant ? wat's yr comment abt this car ?? look good man !!! cheers! btw, Newbie in this forum ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Acemundo Supercharged May 19, 2004 Share May 19, 2004 i like the look but haven't driven it before. but since its a GM car, its not likely to be too koyak Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Genie47 1st Gear May 19, 2004 Share May 19, 2004 Check reviews for Daewoo Tacuma. The Vivant is formerly the Tacuma. Pity SA didn't bring in the ultra luxury edition with PS2 and LCD for the kids to play while you drive. Or rather, you let the kids drive while you play . Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sgrac3r Neutral Newbie May 19, 2004 Share May 19, 2004 Check reviews for Daewoo Tacuma. The Vivant is formerly the Tacuma. Pity SA didn't bring in the ultra luxury edition with PS2 and LCD for the kids to play while you drive. Or rather, you let the kids drive while you play . most likely end up with your wifey drive, you & your kid play 2 player game. Good life Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eskimo Neutral Newbie May 19, 2004 Share May 19, 2004 I don't have much experience to compare with. But it gives me an improvement over my previous Swift. And I chose it over Matrix and Liana HB. Pretty happy with the ride but FC about 9km/L. Looking forward to further improvement after my 10K servicing. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Genie47 1st Gear May 19, 2004 Share May 19, 2004 Automatic? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Col1172 Neutral Newbie May 19, 2004 Author Share May 19, 2004 bro, is it a 1.6 or 2.0 ? is it comfortable enough for 1 driver & 3 passenger + a baby seat ? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Genie47 1st Gear May 19, 2004 Share May 19, 2004 It is an MPV of sorts. Definitely takes 1 driver and 3 passengers plus child restraint. But the 1.6L powerplant might be inadequate. The 2.0L comes in automatic only. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eskimo Neutral Newbie May 19, 2004 Share May 19, 2004 No, its a manual 1.6 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Genie47 1st Gear May 19, 2004 Share May 19, 2004 No need 10k servicing to get the FC you want. I believe you can hit 10km/L with it since you have great control with the manual transmission. Throw in some good old 10W40 oil first. Get rid of the lousy 20W50. These bottles ought to be displayed in a museum. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eskimo Neutral Newbie May 19, 2004 Share May 19, 2004 In my humble opinion, definitely comfortable and spacious. I am sure you have seen and sat in one. I bought this mini MPV to seat 4 adults and 2 kids , about half of the time. I think it is as spacious as the Matrix at the back ,but Matrix has a higher sitting position for the rear passengers , which makes the ride comfortable.But the centre seat is a bit hard for the body as it doubles as an armrest. Compared to Matrix, Vivant's rear seats are lower, so you kind of have to stretch out your legs, if you have long ones. But don't be mistaken, the legroom is as huge if not bigger than the taxis. And mine is a 1.6. bro, is it a 1.6 or 2.0 ? is it comfortable enough for 1 driver & 3 passenger + a baby seat ? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eskimo Neutral Newbie May 19, 2004 Share May 19, 2004 I tend to agree with you that is is inadequate. I hate the feeling when cars,taxis and vans behind me overtake right after the traffic lights. It is an MPV of sorts. Definitely takes 1 driver and 3 passengers plus child restraint. But the 1.6L powerplant might be inadequate. The 2.0L comes in automatic only. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eskimo Neutral Newbie May 19, 2004 Share May 19, 2004 Unfortunately,Genie, I am the old fashioned and unadventurous type. But hey,if I have to, I will use your recommendation to get the best FC. Nevertheless, it is only a few more petrol top ups before I hit 10K, and they put in synthetic oil and I can't wait for that to happen. I know I can hit 10km/L , and perhaps a little more will make me a happy man[:)] No need 10k servicing to get the FC you want. I believe you can hit 10km/L with it since you have great control with the manual transmission. Throw in some good old 10W40 oil first. Get rid of the lousy 20W50. These bottles ought to be displayed in a museum. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Genie47 1st Gear May 19, 2004 Share May 19, 2004 Buy the cheapo oil so that it doesn't hurt so much. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Col1172 Neutral Newbie May 26, 2004 Author Share May 26, 2004 only 2.0L comes in auto..... haizzz hv to shortlist other cars liao... thanks, bro Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mcwf Neutral Newbie May 30, 2004 Share May 30, 2004 Anyone care to share what's the diff between the Optra and Vivant? I know one is a saloon and the other a MPV. Besides this, engine and internal wise... any diff? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redeel Neutral Newbie May 30, 2004 Share May 30, 2004 What??? Manual consumption that bad??? You like to drag gear is it? eddie Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Genie47 1st Gear May 31, 2004 Share May 31, 2004 I believe the Vivant uses the same 1.6L engine as the Optra. Just look at the amount of metal the tiny engine has to haul! ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Vivant talk?
Vivant talk?
Vivant Owners Help
Vivant Owners Help
Experience on Vivant
Experience on Vivant
Would you buy the Vivant if it has an 1.6 auto version?
Would you buy the Vivant if it has an 1.6 auto version?
Matrix or Vivant ??
Matrix or Vivant ??