Jump to content

Introduction


Gadgeter
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

Hello and welcome mate.. Surprised to see a 11yo thread being dug out.. how far back did you have to look for this thread mate?

 

Hi Shull!

 

Thankfully, there's a search button so I instinctively searched "Introduction" hehe this popped up! I did realise it was a 11 year old thread! LOL back to 2002... goodness, old right....

 

I wasn't too sure where I should pop the intro thread for myself... seeing that there was one already and that people had been posting in it... i figured it might be good manners to follow suit. hehe... dun be special :)

 

how are you?? :)

Edited by Karbonphyber
↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged

Australia has been making cars since the 50s. Our police used to have Holdens as patrol cars!!

 

Ok man, if XMM is QC-ed and recommended by you, I will be assured of 精品 standard!!! You checking her birth cert also?

 

1. What I mean was the car brand comes originally from Australia, eg, Proton is Malaysia, Toyota is Japan, and VW is Germany. Holden is actually belongs to GM.....yes/no ?

 

2. Thanks for your trust in my QC quality. Yes, my checklist includes checking her birth cert too, to ensure she is 100% female! [:p]

I lived 6 yrs in Newcastle, wallsends, mayfield, and roamed hunter street, nobby beach, lambton, islington, lake Macquarie, etc, drove down to Sydney every two weeks,

 

Nobby beach is a nudish beach isit isit? [:p]

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1. What I mean was the car brand comes originally from Australia, eg, Proton is Malaysia, Toyota is Japan, and VW is Germany. Holden is actually belongs to GM.....yes/no ?

 

2. Thanks for your trust in my QC quality. Yes, my checklist includes checking her birth cert too, to ensure she is 100% female! [:p]

3 Nobby beach is a nudish beach isit isit? [:p]

 

1 this is what many people don't know ---- the first holden may be based on some GM models, but later the aussie started designing the next models in-house. in fact their performance models are exported to UK market to be sold under Vauxhall, and US market as a sub-brand under US GM, so technically these are fairdinkum aussie cars although maybe funded by parent GM

 

2 don't forget to check date of birth hor.... else I will be in trouble [bigcry]

 

3 hahahaaaa..... Nobby beach is a public beach, but if you want to, you can go topless there. I find some aussie boobs too big to my liking.... right size is important, not oversized ones

Edited by Maseratigood
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Nice, Edwards Hall! A fair number of SIngaporeans lived there. I was in Barahineban for a few years till I graduated but I didn't stay on-campus at first. Yes, things have really changed. hehe yes, we lovingly call that the Old Pacific Highway. we take runs down the oldpac towards Sydney, past Pie in the Sky. There was a Tollway? no way! lol so cool. it's just free flowing now on the F3/M1. Now it's just ridden with speed cameras - 1 south bound and 3 north bound.

 

i meant that responses are a bit slow, as in unlively. not signal-related. hehe....

 

which JDM models are you referring to? so you came back to Aus? nice, how often do you travel to Aus? I was just there in Sep and i'll be going to Melbourne tomorrow for training.

 

Great Race? you mean V8 Supercars in Bathurst? It's a terrible drive there when I can watch it on TV. I've never been one to enjoy watching racing, I'll much rather be in the car doing it. The Go-kart track at Eastern Creek isn't awesome, it's plain dirty and slow. There are cleaner ones in Newcastle extremegokarts!

 

I don't run JDM events at creek but my involvement in australian motorsport means that I teach drifting at eastern creek (now called sydney motorsport park, SMSP) and i'm the chairman of the drift panel under CAMS (australia's ASN, like smsa). So i, together with my team, advise CAMS on matters in the drift scene, set regulations as well as other things required to manage the sport at a high level. There are events that I help out at like Show & Shine or Drift nights (where i'm the drift instructor).

 

Respect! are you also involved in sgp drifting events, or the ones in Malaysia?

 

I have a few mates doing drifting, one uses a Nissan S13

 

I visited this track during my previous trip to Newcastle, its an outdoor track mainly for private karters but also has 15 hp rental karts using Yamaha engines

 

location:-

Adrenalin Go Karts Cameron Park is extremely easy to find, we are on Cameron park Dr just up the hill from the George booth drive/Cameron park Dr roundabout or straight off the Cardiff exit of the F3 Freeway. Off street parking is available.

{mosmap width='600'|height='500'|address='5 Cameron Park Dr Cameron Park NSW 2285'|zoom='13'|text='5 Cameron Park Dr Cameron Park

NSW 2285

 

lately the forum is a bit slow in responses although in the past the posts came fast n furious sometimes, things have somewhat changed, reasons unknown

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Respect! are you also involved in sgp drifting events, or the ones in Malaysia?

 

I have a few mates doing drifting, one uses a Nissan S13

 

I visited this track during my previous trip to Newcastle, its an outdoor track mainly for private karters but also has 15 hp rental karts using Yamaha engines

 

location:-

Adrenalin Go Karts Cameron Park is extremely easy to find, we are on Cameron park Dr just up the hill from the George booth drive/Cameron park Dr roundabout or straight off the Cardiff exit of the F3 Freeway. Off street parking is available.

{mosmap width='600'|height='500'|address='5 Cameron Park Dr Cameron Park NSW 2285'|zoom='13'|text='5 Cameron Park Dr Cameron Park

NSW 2285

 

lately the forum is a bit slow in responses although in the past the posts came fast n furious sometimes, things have somewhat changed, reasons unknown

 

Yes but not the recent ones by 9tro or other companies. I am/was the co-owner of Drift Garage Singapore. basically a drift club in Singapore but we have ties in Malaysia for drift venues. Only way to survive... still the only way i guess till now.

 

S13? then i'll probably know him or the other way around depending on which generation he is. got a name?? hehe

 

yups. Mt Sugarloaf track is mainly for private karters, they will only do groups but only a few of my friends will pay $140 and that count doesn't go up to 10pax... It is an awesome track and just around the corner from my work. I used to work at Stenhouse Drive. just a few turns down.

 

It's always like this, up and down in traffic. was just trying to get a feeler :)

 

Hi TVT :) There is a nudist beach(section) at another area. we call it the bogey hole. Have to climb down but the catch is good :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged

 

hehe.... australia produces their own cars, like how there is JDM, USDM, there's also AUDM. Ford and Holden are the strongest brands in Australia. or at least they used to be... now Toyota Camry's taking over. haha...

 

Ford and Holden used to be national icons for australia but that's fading now... Ford's dropping/dropped out of the V8 Supercar Challenge already because their business is flailing.... even the Govt has to subsidise them... how jialat right.

Oh...I see.

 

Hi TVT :) There is a nudist beach(section) at another area. we call it the bogey hole. Have to climb down but the catch is good :)

 

Oh...I see. :D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Australia has been making cars since the 50s. Our police used to have Holdens as patrol cars!!

 

Ok man, if XMM is QC-ed and recommended by you, I will be assured of 精品 standard!!! You checking her birth cert also?

 

I remembered driving Holden Commodore, Made In Australia ..... [drivingcar]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged

I'm still writing to you guys from in my home in Newcastle. I will however be returning to Singapore next monday. The last few days were nice and cool + rainy.... while today is showing signs of spring/summer, i'm actually feeling sticky... LOL I'll be missing this place...

 

Spring/summer weather is better, isn't it mate?

 

The women will wear lesser (to stay cool), and they will sweat more! [grin]

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged

 

I remembered driving Holden Commodore, Made In Australia ..... [drivingcar]

 

Its big and powerful right?

 

I drove the Ford Falcon before. It is the closest rival to the Commmodore. The Falcon is dam huge and strong....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I remembered driving Holden Commodore, Made In Australia ..... [drivingcar]

 

in singapore ah?... you drove SP patrol car?

 

i drove a rented Commodore in the 90s in Perth, so took it to a back road in the country to whack 0-100 using its auto gear....this BnB family car did 7.4 second on lousy road, lousy tires, lousy driver!! not bad for the basic family car

 

Its big and powerful right?

 

I drove the Ford Falcon before. It is the closest rival to the Commmodore. The Falcon is dam huge and strong....

 

 

these aussie cars are tough, coz its a big country and the farmers really thrash their cars....

 

they clock such high mileage that changing engine is not uncommon, i did a engine exchange (ie trade in old engine for a overhauled one) for just 4k!! maybe less, cant really remember the exact price i paid... the home-mechanic just use the main branch of his backyard tree and a pulley chain to hoist up the engines! easy

 

Where it should be.... :D

 

you can tell the diff between sweat and juice meh?

 

Oh...I see.

 

Oh...I see. :D

 

 

what are you seeing? virtual nudists?? take pics leh

 

Edited by Maseratigood
Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged

 

 

i drove a rented Commodore in the 90s in Perth, so took it to a back road in the country to whack 0-100 using its auto gear....this BnB family car did 7.4 second on lousy road, lousy tires, lousy driver!! not bad for the basic family car

 

Huh.....you call the Commodore a BnB car?

 

This is the Commodore I know in the early 1990s. It is considered a high-end executive car leh....not BnB car lor..

 

Holden_Calais_%281988-1991_VN_series%29_

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Huh.....you call the Commodore a BnB car?

 

This is the Commodore I know in the early 1990s. It is considered a high-end executive car leh....not BnB car lor..

 

Holden_Calais_%281988-1991_VN_series%29_

 

101% B&B, confirmed and chopped! ask any aussie, they will say the same. Basic family cars there is 6 cyclinders, 3.8 to 4.5 litre.... dont play play

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged

 

these aussie cars are tough, coz its a big country and the farmers really thrash their cars....

 

they clock such high mileage that changing engine is not uncommon, i did a engine exchange (ie trade in old engine for a overhauled one) for just 4k!! maybe less, cant really remember the exact price i paid... the home-mechanic just use the main branch of his backyard tree and a pulley chain to hoist up the engines! easy

 

Usually such cars are driven long distances often, hence they tend to last longer.

 

Recon engines also quite popular there. You can buy it and replace the old engine, and your car can drive like new!

 

This is the Ford Falcon SW I drove before.....very strong and big. With a full load it just cruise along effortlessly...

 

220px-1990-1991_Ford_EA_II_Falcon_GL_sta

 

you can tell the diff between sweat and juice meh?

 

 

 

Can....the colour is different. Also the smell is different...!!! [lipsrsealed]:D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Leonard~ U are back.. I guess by my nick.. u know who I am ya? :P Welcome back to sg~~~

 

There we go, the right thread :)

 

Hi guys, it's been a long time since i've posted on a singaporean forum so give chance k :)

I'm Leonard Lee, been through my fair share of car forums in my time. I've spent the last 10 years living around cars in Australia.

 

I used to forum a lot but have toned down since I got my hands busy and dirty.

 

Not sure what I need to say to introduce myself but I'm cool with most sports, especially motorsports :)

 

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out with events or other fellow members.

 

Cheers :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Spring/summer weather is better, isn't it mate?

 

The women will wear lesser (to stay cool), and they will sweat more! [grin]

 

Hahah subjective... I tend to prefer female clothing in winter. Its usually short and thin even though its cold. Plus there's a lot more fur in the mix.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Usually such cars are driven long distances often, hence they tend to last longer.

 

Recon engines also quite popular there. You can buy it and replace the old engine, and your car can drive like new!

 

This is the Ford Falcon SW I drove before.....very strong and big. With a full load it just cruise along effortlessly...

 

220px-1990-1991_Ford_EA_II_Falcon_GL_sta

 

 

Can....the colour is different. Also the smell is different...!!! [lipsrsealed]:D

 

Wow, I love those wagons, true work horse! I borrowed and used a wagon for a Summer when my friend went overseas n needed me to take care of it. When the back seats were folded flat to extend the boot space, the space is almost as big as a double bed!!!

 

In fact I have spent many nights sleeping across the back seats in my sleeping bag comfortably in the sedan, this shows how wide the cabin is!

Edited by Maseratigood
↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...