ToughSeal

DarkLord

Neutral Newbie

unless we are talking about using the machine to polish off the swirl marks etc .. otherwise what expert skills are required for application of liquid based sealants / wax with top down motion for all panels ??? using the wipe on and wipe method for most products nowadays ... prob you cant get the shine you want initially but practice makes perfect, prob after 4 sessions of DIY u'll be a pro in detailing ... dun forget these guys make a living out of detailing hence lots of prior practice ...

actually for the price we paid for people to detail our cars, dun forget we have to pay for the advertisements, workers' salaries, rental of the shop, utilities bills etc etc hence its more of a matter of convenience for those people who employ detailers ...

cause to most people spending 4-6 hours to detail a car is too much of a hassle [laugh]

cheers

↡ Advertisement

No lah! Can be cheap if you buy the cheapo stuff first. Get turned off by them then buy the expensive stuff. laugh.gif

In the end, get a collection of cheapo stuff that is collecting dust as you are wondering how to dump them and using Klasse,Fusso 9 or Zaino.

Neutral Newbie

We learn from trying different products but a shorter way is to read the forums and see what our bros can recommend.

Usually, those are sound advice and cost lesser.

Neutral Newbie

i tink 18mths shine/protection is similar to "standby time" in hp lingo... meaning car is kept in a showroom/mscp covered 24/7 onie driven at nite... min humidity hence no condensation effect...etc.

Even for premiem products like klasse tat claims 4-6mths protection... also last around 2-3wks max in spore climate. mine car is treated wif klasse for the past 4mths... almost every 2wks full detail alt wks apply SG... den again car is 24/7 in the open. [thumbsdown]

No flaming pls... personal opinion...

PS i am a very happy klasse user!! Doubt i will change to another product unless cannot get it anymore... [jawdrop]

Cheers

Neutral Newbie
Hi Darklord, anyway the post that Marcos talked about was started by me in TCS. Basically I encountered bad experience w/ this product. I believe that there are some happy users around but sad to say, I have another friend who is equally unhappy w/ TS as well. Of course, I managed to find some other users now & there who have the bad experience as well. Protection by TS is nothing spectacular & you need to go back VERY REGULARLY if your car is under the harsh elements everyday. If you do go back very regularly, then perhaps your ride will be in good condition. I fell for the good sales talk & regretted my decision; I could have used that money for some other stuff such as coffee for MCF bros [:|] . I stumbled across Klasse in MCF & am now regularly using Klasse. I shall not compare about the 2 products in terms of performance but I shall just stress that Klasse gives you the chance to DIY but not really so for TS. When you sign up for TS, they will just give you 1 shampoo & 1 bottle of Dry Wash & Guard. The Dry Wash & Guard is quite good, but hardly sufficient to protect your ride from the harsh elements; remember the actual TS products used goes beyond the 2 bottles given to you.

I guess I can safely say that the satisfaction & assurance that I have got from using Klasse beats the experience I had with TS. If you are a DIY guy, safely go for Klasse or even Zaino as both gives you the chance to DIY. The above are just what I have personally experienced & no offence is intended for the happy users of TS. Last but not least, I want to thank the bros here who have helped me in making the switch to Klasse esp Marcos.

I agree with Venco25 that it is not worth putting that $$$ into TS becos it is simply too ex... I myself is one of the guy who paid $500 for the package and it will always remain as an expensive lesson for myself. I never believe the 18 mth thingie and that may only be true if you keep going to TS just to pay them to upkeep the condition of TS.

After paying an expensive tuition fee to stand ard the workshop to see how the workers did the TS on my car, I have now moved on to use Klasse and I find that DIY is definitely a much more fulfilling experience. As pointed by one of the bro, Klasse is not a wonder product especially in Singapore and when your car is exposed to the weather. But still, it is a much cheaper alternative compared to paying a hefty 500 which I can buy so many bottles of Klasse AIO and SG and probably would not be able to finish them after the car is retired.

For bro/sis who wants to get the Dri-wash and Guard which is given by TS, it can be bought online and I have bought some myself. It costs ard $60-70 for a large 750-800 ml bottle, which is more worthwhile than what TS can offer a 150 ml at $30.00

Neutral Newbie

Hi Silwish,

I can almost see myself in you....the TS episode (expensive lesson), frustration w/ TS & finally moving off to Klasse. [nod][nod][nod] Yep, Klasse is not a wonder product & I will tell you that even if you were to use any other Tom, Dick or Harry product to care for your car, it will still be much better than what I have experienced w/ TS. Why? Simple...'cos you can DIY. W/ TS, you can only DIY w/ the Dri Wash & Guard, which is fine but does not work wonders.

Neutral Newbie

bro,

Heheh agree...Why should I pay $100 for the each subsequent re-coat of TS when that amount can get me at least 6 coat of Klasse for my Wish.... TS was my worst investment for my "mistress".. Worst of all, I intro one of my friend to TS not long after I did my TS.

Dri Wash n Guard is actually sold thru' some kind of MLM network in US. I used it as a quick detaile. By the way, I also mix the Klasse AIO with water and use it as quick detailer for removing bird waste and tree saps.

All in all, there are a lot of better products available and if you have the time to DIY, why not do it yourself. This also helps to identify the new "wounds" on the body paintwork.

Mike

Neutral Newbie

Ha! I missed that part! I intro a friend of mine to TS too! I felt so bad when I told him that I whacked away my TS. Really felt very terrible & lucky he wasn't as fussy as me & he was understanding. Otherwise losing a friend is much more worse than making a bad investment that haunts me for the rest of my life! Seems that we have got quite a number of similarities (at least where bad investments are concerned). [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Hi Venco25 & forum members,

May i know which products are you using now for car polishing/detailing. can you recommend a few products that you like and find it very effective & good value. How's Klasse compares to Zainol or other products on the market now.

Getting a new car (black color) very soon and would you all recommend to apply some coating immediately so that the paint will preserved?

Thanks

[:)]

Neutral Newbie

I am using Glare now. Very satify with it.

I would recommend doing the coating asap so as to seal your car color with retain the color as "fresh" as possible. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement