Jump to content

Help on cheap ice


Chiqinhan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Neutral Newbie

You just go to yahoo, type car audio, or the brand, so many sites will pop out. I saw at millionbuys.com (i think spelling correct). However, if faulty, you got problem changing. ALso need to pay for freight. but should be still cheaper than some shops here. But I intend to do away with the hassle of importing though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

thks for all these useful advise.

 

today aircon sudden becomes not cold... dunno wat happen. gotta waste money again.

 

but if i'm changin speakers, definitely will give ah boon a call. thks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

aircon ar..no gas? maybve haf to send to wrokshop clear ur air con filter ba..old car r lidat..nids more maintenance...

one more thing is since ur ride is old le, dun spend too much on ICE ba. save till ur newer ride then put in. cos ICE take in take out oso will spoil de. and hor...wif ur new ICE on ur swift, think u spend a bit on grounding oso ba. becos somehow ur alternator and battery oso not so strong liaoz..so grounding shld helps...

Edited by Ahdi
Link to post
Share on other sites

i also dunno whether no gas or wat. morning still ok, but evening suddenly not cold even though the air still blowing strongly when i on it to the max.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good prices for ICE...give http://www.compassauto.com.sg/a try...have talked to the boss liao....discount for mycarforum members...just tell them friend of JAson....they cater to all kind of budgets...nothing is too cheap to install...check them out.....

Edited by Junjie
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

not too familiar about this company. but i know they were in volve in a roadshow at shaw for the product of RODEK think back in september. they featured a yellow GETZ if i din remember wrongly. ah boon is oso there who featured the red madza3 and the red hyundai van.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie
Lanzar Heritage HR6.1 (silver color) is a good buy.

Me using that now in my car. Clarity good.

 

Got it from Sim Lim at $140 per set.

 

Can you advise where and how much you got it fixed? I'm likely getting it soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie
Lanzar Heritage HR6.1 (silver color) is a good buy.

Me using that now in my car. Clarity good.

 

Got it from Sim Lim at $140 per set.

 

Let me know which shop in SL Towers? also. Intend to visit this week or next. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings to all, since we are talking about cheap I.C.E. here. I would like to seek advices for ICE-ing up my ride. Currently, the I.C.E setup in my ride is pure stock. [:p] I'm thinking of retaining the original HU that came with the car, changing all the front and rear speakers and adding in a 4-Channel Amp and a 8" Sub woofer which were from my previous ride. This way, I can retain the 'stock' audio look of the car and at the same time enjoy the better sound quality over the 'stock' audio setup.

 

If I were to use the 4-Channel Amp to power the new speakers, the speaker ratings would have to be the same as the max output per channel of the Amp, correct? So, if I want to add in tweeters, do I need another amp to power the tweeters or I can use the HU to power them? I understand that I would probably need another amp to power the Sub woofer. For my ride, pure sound clarity is quite impossible as the soundproofing is very poor. Sentimental music and the occasional techno blast is what I preferred.

 

Any bros/sis here have done similar setup like this? Would love to hear about your experience. Thank you and wish all of us a better 2005! [:)]

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...