Jump to content

AMSOIL rocks!


PowerRanger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Neutral Newbie

hmm the 100%series and the Signature series can last almost the same duration , though 100% series is cheaper..

 

then in this case, which is better or value for money? which one give better perfomance base on your experience

Link to post
Share on other sites

alamak. my bad.

 

I remember my bottle is silver with red label. Saw from mxxxxxxxg tat's the XL. Then got confused cos i remember seeing the 1 yr oil change guarantee.

 

just confirmed mine's the 100% syn Motor oil. haha. So it's one yr :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on your application. For normal usage the ASL 5w30 is more than sufficient but if got go track than SSO will be better as it's advance additives package will provide better anti-wear protection.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Oh.,............ then i think for myself>>ASL is good enough liao...

 

just normal driving =D not cheonging haha

 

 

Another question>> fastflo EO is lousy.. but for my 1st 10K servicing, i feel like giving fastflo a try, to see how synthetic EO feels like & how lousy fastflo is..

 

Then my next 24K servicing (not 10k right?) , i was thinking of upgrading to amsoil...

 

Do u think this is advisable?? or just wack amsoil during my 1st 10k servicing?

Edited by Limck007
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

thks alot =D

 

Double check (in case i understand wrongly)

 

>>For normal driving, different EO can last different duration rite? Fastflo can last 10K, Amsoil can last 12K to 24K , etc etc

 

SO it is not neccessary to change EO every 10k...

 

am i correct??

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got questions

 

1. I guess the best place to get AMSOIL is mxxxxxxxg?

 

2. For turbo charged engine, which AMSOIL OIL is reccomended? The oil temperature in my car can hit 110 degree C when driven on our roads, if wag hard on NSH can temporary hit 120 degree celsius. Is a 40wt OIL needed or a 30wt oil will do.

 

I intend to change oil every 8k km.

Edited by Ahbengdriver
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got questions

 

1. I guess the best place to get AMSOIL is mxxxxxxxg?

 

2. For turbo charged engine, which AMSOIL OIL is reccomended? The oil temperature in my car can hit 110 degree C when driven on our roads, if wag hard on NSH can temporary hit 120 degree celsius. Is a 40wt OIL needed or a 30wt oil will do.

 

I intend to change oil every 8k km.

 

I was a 2 times repeat customer for AFL 5w40 on a turbo engine.. So far I have not found any better oil for $15 per quart. Bang for buck I must said :)

 

My Average Oil Temp:

85-95C for normal driving

95 -110 C for NSH. (Wack all the way for 30mins)

 

After all depend on your engine and snail setup too..

 

Fyi, I ever stretch this oil to 15k, oil temp hold well and never lost any oil after NSH. Wanted to go further but worry too much.. [laugh]

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Thanks Trex101,helping me to order amsoil (SAE 10W-40 Synthetic Premium Protection Motor Oil ). Today just get my 20 cantons. :D:D .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5th Gear

i used to use amsoil, but after i changed to redline, i find amsoil not that good....maybe next change i switch to others like motul..then maybe redline will not be as good???

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...