Secondhand Neutral Newbie January 20, 2005 Share January 20, 2005 Hi Ppl... I wanna find out a few things : 1)Octavia 1.6 - stock rims or 15"/16" rims better? 2)Can we get bodykits for our Skoda Octavia? 3)Can we use ECUtek like those for Subaru? 4)Does ur car stereo sound "solid"? 5)Any of u guys out there experiencing high biting point from Octavia's clutch? and can it be adjusted? I need some advice cause I too own an Octavia... Not bad car. =) The ONLY 2 in my area... he he he Sorry for asking too many questions... I donno much abt Skoda Octavia... But I do know that I wanna mod my ride. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Octy_xes Neutral Newbie January 21, 2005 Share January 21, 2005 yo bro...this is just my two cents... 1)Octavia 1.6 - stock rims or 15"/16" rims better? For handling go for 16"...if you want fuel economy stick to the 15" or stock...dunno if the 1.6 comes stock 14" or 15" 2)Can we get bodykits for our Skoda Octavia? Currenlty 2 suppliers I know of...the gurus here sure know a lot more... one of them is MS Design. http://www.msdesign-shop.de/shop/shop.php?...l?SKODA_OCTAVIA the other is Milotec http://www.milotec.de/ 3)Can we use ECUtek like those for Subaru? ..this one not sure...as I have never used before... 4)Does ur car stereo sound "solid"? This Q is subjective....i have upgraded mine though... 5)Any of u guys out there experiencing high biting point from Octavia's clutch? and can it be adjusted? The biting point is adjustable to the user's preference...talk to Dennis or Philip...they would be more than willing to help...they are over at Servotronics....Amos over there is helpful too...if you wanna talk about upgrades.... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
XLR8 1st Gear January 21, 2005 Share January 21, 2005 1)Octavia 1.6 - stock rims or 15"/16" rims better? Stock is 15", I would op for the 16" as the handling is better. Fuel consumption wont be affected much though. 2)Can we get bodykits for our Skoda Octavia? You can get bodykits from Autovox or Servo. 3)Can we use ECUtek like those for Subaru? No you cant, ECUteck is only meant from Subaru cars from what I know. You may wanna try Unichip. 4)Does ur car stereo sound "solid"? Yes it does, from experience. 5)Any of u guys out there experiencing high biting point from Octavia's clutch? and can it be adjusted? It should be able to adjust slightly. Check with Servo or your regular mech. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Secondhand Neutral Newbie January 21, 2005 Author Share January 21, 2005 Hey guys... Thanks for the reply... Anywayz, the Skoda I own is a 2nd hand one... Hence the name Secondhand... Anywayz again... The stock wheel is 14". But from wat I know, the Octavia 1.6 has 102hp rite? So won't installing 16" wheels make the car heavier and slower to drive? OH! Yah... I wanted to ask this also... - How do we know that the clutch has worn out? Can we like... Open the hood and stare at the clutch? Cause a friend of mine said the clutch don't "feel" rite... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ghoonk Neutral Newbie January 21, 2005 Share January 21, 2005 It is a myth that upsizing your rim size will cause problems with your speedo and fuel consumption. Keep in mind that rim upgrades should be carefully calculated so that you do not introduce a variance of more then 3% in your wheel's rolling circumference I switched from 17" to 19" and my FC went down instead of up. Insignificant effect on my acceleration. Why? Simple. Most people make the mistake of believing that larger wheels weigh more. This is generally true of rims, but no so of the actual tyres. The weight of my 19" Yokohama AVS Sports tyres is significantly lower than that of my 17" Bridgestone Potenza RE070. Do the math carefull and make sure that your overall wheel weight isn't significantly heavier than your original ones and you should be doing fine with respect to FC and acceleration. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Secondhand Neutral Newbie January 21, 2005 Author Share January 21, 2005 Hi Octy_xes; thanks for replying... So u're saying that, I could change from stock 14" to sport rim 16" without sacrificing FC and acceleration? WOW! But... Octy 1.6 only has 102bhp. Won't that affect anything? Coz rite now, I'm looking for sport rims and spoiler for my car... Being the ONLY 2 in my area, I'm hoping to be the one standing out from the other Skoda... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Skodarr Neutral Newbie January 21, 2005 Share January 21, 2005 (edited) Max upgrade for wheels for Skoda Octavia is 17 inch with 225/45/17 spec tyre... But some of them fitted 18 inch... There will be a slight under power but you will feel much more stable and confident on the car's handling... Well, the car only supported by 4 wheels, so must make a right choice and the right rubber... As for spoiler, can get it from Servo... It's a boot lip Spoiler though... Edited January 22, 2005 by Skodarr Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Octy_xes Neutral Newbie January 21, 2005 Share January 21, 2005 yo bro...wrong person lah...ghoonk said that...not me.... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Octy_xes Neutral Newbie January 21, 2005 Share January 21, 2005 (edited) bro...compare your 19" to stock tires and rims that comes on the Passat or Skoda...the FC would definitely be higher when I last upgraded my stock rims and tires 14' which weighed about 15kg each to the 16" OZ Superleggera(4.75kg) and 215/50/16 Yokohama db Aspec(8.96kg)...the weight was almost the same...but the tires were upsized to 215 vs 185...rolling resistance would have also increased...therefore maybe a slight increase in FC. If the weight of the upsized rims and tire combi were to be significantly lower than the original set....this might actually offset the rolling resistance...to find such a combi would require extensive research in the tire and rim combi not to talk about the price of the rims...as you know the lighter the rim the more ex...in most cases.... my two cents... Edited January 21, 2005 by Octy_xes Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Secondhand Neutral Newbie January 22, 2005 Author Share January 22, 2005 (edited) Guys, thanks for the reply... I'll take them into consideration... Anyway, where can we get the MS Design Bodykit for Skoda Octavia? Looks cool... Edited January 22, 2005 by Secondhand Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Secondhand Neutral Newbie January 22, 2005 Author Share January 22, 2005 Er... Hi again... Sorry to be repeating this thread again ah... 1)Anyone know which shop dat has bodykit for Skoda Octavia? ...Either the full bodykit or just the spoiler... 2)Would warranty be void if I install Obit? 3)Would ANYONE know that I've installed Obit? Especially the ppl at Czech Auto? 4)Option can install Obit... but price is $1k. Is it a reasonable price? 5)Related to question (1) - Milotec and MS-Design. Cannot find in Singapore leh... 6)Does Servotronic do ECU tuning? . . . 10)I still have lots of questions... But those 6 are wat i can think of rite now... Sorry again guys... Could've ask on Sunday... But i can't make it for the meet up... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
XLR8 1st Gear January 22, 2005 Share January 22, 2005 Hey guys... Thanks for the reply... Anywayz, the Skoda I own is a 2nd hand one... Hence the name Secondhand... Anywayz again... The stock wheel is 14". But from wat I know, the Octavia 1.6 has 102hp rite? So won't installing 16" wheels make the car heavier and slower to drive? OH! Yah... I wanted to ask this also... - How do we know that the clutch has worn out? Can we like... Open the hood and stare at the clutch? Cause a friend of mine said the clutch don't "feel" rite... I tot 1.6 Octavia stock is 15"? How come yours is 14"?? When your clutch is worn out, you will experience clutch slipping.. What do you mean by dont feel right? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
XLR8 1st Gear January 22, 2005 Share January 22, 2005 Hi Octy_xes; thanks for replying... So u're saying that, I could change from stock 14" to sport rim 16" without sacrificing FC and acceleration? WOW! But... Octy 1.6 only has 102bhp. Won't that affect anything? Coz rite now, I'm looking for sport rims and spoiler for my car... Being the ONLY 2 in my area, I'm hoping to be the one standing out from the other Skoda... Just out of curiousity, which area you living in which has 2 octavias? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Secondhand Neutral Newbie January 22, 2005 Author Share January 22, 2005 Hi Relak... Me living in Tampines.... Here got 2 Skodas... Anywayz, my stock rims ARE 14"... Donno why... But soon going to change to other rims. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lightspeed Clutched January 22, 2005 Share January 22, 2005 If you can, try to come for the meetup (sunday kallang kfc 3pm) All your questions will be answered.... ALL Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Secondhand Neutral Newbie January 22, 2005 Author Share January 22, 2005 (edited) That's the thing... I can't... I start work at 3pm... haiz... so sad... Edited January 22, 2005 by Secondhand Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tifosi Neutral Newbie January 23, 2005 Share January 23, 2005 reply to your question. (my point of view) 1) autovox - Full bodykit for MS design is quite expensive tough. servotronic (denis) - autostyl & milotec you might want to check this web-site http://www.autostyl-janko.cz 2) well..most of car manufacturer will void the warranty for such thing done...just remove the piggyback thing before going to CA if you find any problem. 4) if i'm not wrong obit is from perfect power. $1k is a bit expensive. 5)for the bodykit, they need to order from oversea when there is request from customer. 6) currently no. but they got contact. for piggyback chip, what i know of is there are 2 options for our car, Obit and unichip, but must double check. for obit you can find them in singapore. for unichip - viswork in johor. My advice is look around first, dun rush into it. check with the rest of the guys here..they will sure help. just ask and your doubt will be answer... best is to meetup...sure got lot of chance for the coming meetup... cheers. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vipertoledo Neutral Newbie January 23, 2005 Share January 23, 2005 Hi, Just let you know that my Toledo had a high bite point that I tolerated for 3 years. I went to Juzz for Cars at Sin Min Autopoint and they adjusted it for me. So the answer to your question 5 is yes, it can be adjusted. Viper ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!
Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!
Any Hokkien Song Lovers here?
Any Hokkien Song Lovers here?
Plumber Recommendations please!
Plumber Recommendations please!
Our cops need to do this more.
Our cops need to do this more.
RAM/MicroSD issues
RAM/MicroSD issues
How much space do we really need to make babies?
How much space do we really need to make babies?
Steam iron.. the type which doesn't need ironing board
Steam iron.. the type which doesn't need ironing board
Need Advice on Self Storage
Need Advice on Self Storage