Lightspeed Clutched February 11, 2005 Share February 11, 2005 16 Valves? If I'm not wrong, the Fabia that CA is selling is still the 8 valves 64bhp model ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Secondhand Neutral Newbie February 11, 2005 Author Share February 11, 2005 Guess must have seen the new model... Cause I asked him whether that model using 16 valves... He said yes. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lightspeed Clutched February 11, 2005 Share February 11, 2005 Hmm.... meaning they brought in the newly released ones? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kahlid Neutral Newbie February 11, 2005 Share February 11, 2005 I thought the octavia is 8-valve as well. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Skodarr Neutral Newbie February 11, 2005 Share February 11, 2005 Yes, Octavia is also 8 valve so is the Fabia. However, C.A. comes out to have both as an option for the Fabia 8 or 16 valves... you can always make enquiry and help from the SE... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Normal_aspirated Clutched February 11, 2005 Share February 11, 2005 (edited) Skody using 8 valves SOHC engine? Got 8 valves DOHC one or not? Edited February 11, 2005 by Normal_aspirated Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Skodarr Neutral Newbie February 11, 2005 Share February 11, 2005 (edited) Correct me if I am wrong, I don't think there's a 8 valve with DOHC available in Singapore market... Normally DOHC accompany by 16 valves engine... Edited February 11, 2005 by Skodarr Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Normal_aspirated Clutched February 11, 2005 Share February 11, 2005 heard that 8 big valves is better than 16 smaller valves for DOHC engine? that's wat Alfa Romeo is doing? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Secondhand Neutral Newbie February 11, 2005 Author Share February 11, 2005 Either way, new Fabia 1.4 got 100bhp while Octy 1.6 has 102bhp... So for ppl with tight budget, Fabia is really worth $$. Rite? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Normal_aspirated Clutched February 11, 2005 Share February 11, 2005 (edited) yup, Fabia has more power-to-weight ratio, having smaller chassis. 1.6L SOHC Skody abit under powered for SG isn't it? Same as my Protege. Edited February 11, 2005 by Normal_aspirated Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Skodarr Neutral Newbie February 11, 2005 Share February 11, 2005 Yes you are right sir... 8 Valves will be more powerful than 16 Valves it has more low end torque but only on pickup... 16 Valves DOHC will be more responsive on the high end torque... But sometimes, 16 is not really visible in Singapore roads. Again looking on the bright side, the North South HW is always waiting... I also knew someone in the forum whom own Fabia 8 valves engine and still able to catch the North South Highway with no problem... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Secondhand Neutral Newbie February 11, 2005 Author Share February 11, 2005 That also not bad Fabia... But since i've got use to wat my Octy can giv me while driving, I'd rather change to Fabia 16valves. So as not to lose too much horsepower while saving more $$... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Normal_aspirated Clutched February 11, 2005 Share February 11, 2005 u r right, 16 smaller valves is much lighter than 8 heavy ones, tats why high end performance is better for 16 valves engine. Heard from performance workshops, 8 big & heavy valves last longer as the 16 smaller ones are flimsy and bend easily under extreme stress. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Secondhand Neutral Newbie February 11, 2005 Author Share February 11, 2005 Hmm... I wonder wat kind of extreme stress are they talking abt... I don't redline the car anyhow. So I guess it'll be fine under normal useage rite? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vtim 3rd Gear February 11, 2005 Share February 11, 2005 Just something I'm curious about... Does everyone who drives Skoda Octy/Fabia feel like their car got burst of speed when ever u down shift to 3rd gear? Asking this cause, when I overtake on highway and I feel that the car can't move faster than I wan it to go, I will downshift to 3rd gear, release clutch and floor the accelerator, I get pulled back into my seat and off I go overtaking ppl. Only when i have overtaken, I'll shift to 5th gear and cruise on. As funny as it sounds, it feels like got built-in turbo in the engine. Is it me or does all car behave this way? and is it good for the engine that I do this? I'm starting to get hooked doing this downshift, up shift method of overtaking... take a ride in my car lar! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vtim 3rd Gear February 11, 2005 Share February 11, 2005 haha i guess almot every car will have "VTEC BURST" whn on highway speed dropping dwn gear from 5th to 3rd...try nt to do dat too often...ur gearbox will hurt not really lar! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Secondhand Neutral Newbie February 11, 2005 Author Share February 11, 2005 Not really wat? Abt the Vtec burst or gear box hurt? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vtim 3rd Gear February 11, 2005 Share February 11, 2005 Skody using 8 valves SOHC engine? Got 8 valves DOHC one or not? you failed you maths har ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
[Official] 2021 Skoda Enyaq
[Official] 2021 Skoda Enyaq
2027 Škoda Peaq
2027 Škoda Peaq
A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore
A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore
[Spyshots] 2024 2nd Generation Skoda Kodiaq
[Spyshots] 2024 2nd Generation Skoda Kodiaq
Skoda Octavia RS launched in Singapore at $199,900!
Skoda Octavia RS launched in Singapore at $199,900!
[Spyshots] 2023 4th Generation Skoda Superb
[Spyshots] 2023 4th Generation Skoda Superb
[Official] 2025 Skoda Elroq
[Official] 2025 Skoda Elroq
🍳 Breakfast with Škoda at MCF HangOut – 14 September 2024, Škoda Centre Singapore 🚗
🍳 Breakfast with Škoda at MCF HangOut – 14 September 2024, Škoda Centre Singapore 🚗