Hyundai i45

Limxiaoming

Hi bro.

Komoco too would like to bring in the Genesis coupe, but homogation has to pass first, followed by wheather there will be a right hand drive in the 1st place.

↡ Advertisement

Sorry just to clarify.

The reason why the Sonata is renamed i45 is because Komoco does not want to associate the current Sonata taxis with the new i45.

So u can be rest assurred.

mitsubishi gdi wasn't suited because of our high sulfur petrol. did hyundai make any upgrades to the technology or just slap in a unit from mitsubishi and call it a new engine? whats the fuel standards in korea? Is it the same standard as japan where GDI engines are much more suited? using our local petrol, the following things are likely with the mitsubishi gdi engine:

premature failure of high pressure fuel pump.

Increased chance of clogged injectors

premature failure of catalytic convertor

increased service intervals for throttle body and intake manifold

98 and above petrol will be required (not for engine knock ratings, as GDI engines are very resistant to pre detonation, but for the premise that premium petrol would contain less sulphur content)

I'm not sure whether the same will happen to this new GDI engine from hyundai.

Xiaoming can you find out more from your technicians at KMC?

mitsubishi gdi wasn't suited because of our high sulfur petrol. did hyundai make any upgrades to the technology or just slap in a unit from mitsubishi and call it a new engine? whats the fuel standards in korea? Is it the same standard as japan where GDI engines are much more suited? using our local petrol, the following things are likely with the mitsubishi gdi engine:

premature failure of high pressure fuel pump.

Increased chance of clogged injectors

premature failure of catalytic convertor

increased service intervals for throttle body and intake manifold

98 and above petrol will be required (not for engine knock ratings, as GDI engines are very resistant to pre detonation, but for the premise that premium petrol would contain less sulphur content)

I'm not sure whether the same will happen to this new GDI engine from hyundai.

Xiaoming can you find out more from your technicians at KMC?

Wah bro I'm so sorry I never do my homework.

I'm not so technicial in terms of engine technology.

All I know that Hyundai's theta I and II is a engine fully designed and built by Hyundai Cooperation.

There are no roots linked to Mitsubishi since the Theta engine came about.

I will try to find out more when i bump into the service advisors.

"Of all the GEMA manufacturers, the Hyundai-Kia Group has been setting the best track record in terms of extracting the most power and torque out of their engines. The current generation Sonata and Optima

mitsu used to provide hyundai with their powertrain in the past and the theta 1 was jointly developed with mistu and chrystler . not sure about the roots of the theta 2 but GDI tech is really flourishing with the release of this theta 2 engine. i hope hyundai kia have resolved all the issues with the decade old mitsu GDI engine of yester years.

Edited by Zyrofillica

Here u go, anything else u all bros need to know, or interested in the car, pls PM me [:p]

All versions come with 6 speed auto gearbox, comes with respective Theta II 2.0cc, 2.4cc engines respectively.

2.0cc 0-100km 10.9s . 2.4cc 0-100km 9.5s

2.0cc 165bhp/6200rpm . 2.4cc 178bhp/6000rpm

Wow bro,

The new Sonata cool!! Im upgrading my car,now driving PICANTO. When do u tink,the new Sonata arrv in sg. Will want to test drv it. [:)]

Wah congrats bro...

Picanto upgrade all the way to Sonata.

Must be found a good job liao la haha. huat ah.

Update u again all my files are in office... Gone back for reunion dinner lo.

Happy chinese new year bros

mitsu used to provide hyundai with their powertrain in the past and the theta 1 was jointly developed with mistu and chrystler . not sure about the roots of the theta 2 but GDI tech is really flourishing with the release of this theta 2 engine. i hope hyundai kia have resolved all the issues with the decade old mitsu GDI engine of yester years.

Wow bro. Thanks for pointing that out.

My collegues see ur previous posts also blur haha.

Hi bro.

Komoco too would like to bring in the Genesis coupe, but homogation has to pass first, followed by wheather there will be a right hand drive in the 1st place.

so you heard anything about RHD for genesis coupe? :mellow:

for direct injection, is that the reason why C&C didn't bring in the E350CGI?? usual E350 produces 272bhp, but with injection tech, it produces 292bhp, 20bhp more...but C&C say the E350CGI cannot tahan our high sulphur content in our fuels here...

but E200CGI and E250CGI can make it here...???

Hey xiaoming... ask uu arh. Is the i45 stereo factory fitted? Nn how come the i45 never come with blueteeth which is in the Forte?

Haha bro I'm sorry I dunno how to answer your question.

Hyundai and KIA are 2 different companies. Though they share the same engine and many other stuff, they manufacture and build their sound system differently.

I guess Hyundai didn't include bluetooth into their factory system thats about all.

Turbocharged

is it quiet?

The current Sonata is already very quiet, I cannot imagine this new sonata to be louder.

even the taxis are already quite quiet

Turbocharged

Bro, side track a bit. Is the genesis coupe coming soon?

See bro Hyundai SE, alot of folks here are VERY interested in the Genesis coupe....In fact this is also in my radar for my "next car" if the price is right.

I've seen 2 genesis in my recent trip to S.Korea, fulled done up with CF bonnet and exhaust...the exhaust note was orgasmic!

But I want to comment the back looked abit like Honda DC5...hehe

Hope Komoco can influence hyundai HQ to push for a RHD version....since not only SG but UK and Aussie are looking forward to it.

Hope to hear good news from you :)

↡ Advertisement