Opel Car Owners - Pls fall in

Ngjs

Glad to see more GTCs owners here!

Shall we have Opel meetup???

Opel meetup is a good idea!!! Lets gun for the 1st Singapore Opel Owners Meetup in 2015 . Location ?: Good old Carpark at Kallang Macdonalds . Date and time >? 26th Sunday April at 10am ? Anybody ???

1 SDS7777Z [bounce2]

↡ Advertisement

Stumbled across this thread while scouting around from VW related topics. I am surprised that OPEL is still surviving after all these years. I gave up my Astra-H back in 2009 and migrated to VW .

After many years with VW, I have to admit that the construction of the OPEL is very much more solid than that of the VW Golf ! I really miss the solid built of my Astra-H . The Golf Mk5 GTI is not as solidly built as the Astra-H . The only consolation that I get is the OMMPPHH turbo 2.0 engine and the super smooth DSG transmission plus the endless mod potential on the VW cars unlike the OPELwhich is actually pretty dull and almost zero mod potential.

Hope to see more OPEL on the road ! It is a good German car ! Maybe one day....I might just give the Insignia a go !

Neutral Newbie

Opel meetup is a good idea!!! Lets gun for the 1st Singapore Opel Owners Meetup in 2015 . Location ?: Good old Carpark at Kallang Macdonalds . Date and time >? 26th Sunday April at 10am ? Anybody ???

1 SDS7777Z [bounce2]

Seems like the response is bad. I will join if there are more responses. I used to arrange a meet up but only 2 cars turned up. :(

Neutral Newbie

No specific shops to go to. I went for one at Ubi Road 3, the mechanic helps me with everything. Ordered a pair of new headlights from ebay.co.uk and ship to Singapore. Going to install soon once it arrives. Anyway my headlight is not spoilt, was wanna change new ones to look better and look new

Cost of parts : $289 . Shipping $120

Labour $80 to install.

(Local agent say no stock, need to wait 3 months, cost $1200. Siao !!!!!!!!!)

I find it strange when people starts to complain when there is a long wait for local parts. There is this thing call Google , Ebay and all you need is to use your brain to make it work. Try searching for Vauxhall Astra H instead of Opel Astra and you get tonnes of parts to import and get your mechanic to install. HELLO not everything you need to go through agents or ask workshop to sell you. Unless you driving toyota or nissan lah. I remember the days when we import our own cars from Japan, (JDM) . Go LTA fill up import papers, call Japan, arrange shipping, go Pandan and collect car. Dont need agent to do that. I am one of the proud owners of 17 Nissan Silvia S15 back in 2001. 7 of them were imported by ourselves. SO stop KPKB say no parts. Cry cry cry. Go research a bit and get things done.

Wah SDS7777Z, what head lights did you change? LED? haha

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Collected my Opel Meriva yesterday.

My first conti car.

I'm officially in the club now.

Chung

Neutral Newbie

Dear brothers,..

I drive an Opel Meriva A - 2005 in Kuala Lumpurarrow-10x10.png (which is kinda weird coz I am probably the only guy.. car imported from Spore).

The ran very well and off a sudden died on me.

No dash light, all room lights and radio plus headlights workarrow-10x10.png fine.. Cannot start at all. Towed to a mechanic and he couldnt figure it out. Battery replaced, starter and fuse all checkedarrow-10x10.png, nothing sounds

I need someone to advise my mechanic or I need to be able to talk to any mechanic dealing with Opel Meriva specifically from Singapore. (used to drive it to Singapore for repairs a while ago at Angarrow-10x10.png Mo Kio area but have lost the contact)

Please help. my emailarrow-10x10.png address is [email protected]

Phone +60134928008

Thanks a lot

Kadir

KL

Are u referring to CK Motor at Ang Mo Kio? Here is the phone number 97472555.

Dear brothers,..

I drive an Opel Meriva A - 2005 in Kuala Lumpurarrow-10x10.png (which is kinda weird coz I am probably the only guy.. car imported from Spore).

No dash light, all room lights and radio plus headlights workarrow-10x10.png fine.. Cannot start at all. Towed to a mechanic and he couldnt figure it out. Battery replaced, starter and fuse all checkedarrow-10x10.png, nothing sounds

I need someone to advise my mechanic or I need to be able to talk to any mechanic dealing with Opel Meriva specifically from Singapore. (used to drive it to Singapore for repairs a while ago at Angarrow-10x10.png Mo Kio area but have lost the contact)

Phone +60134928008

Thanks a lot

Kadir

KL

4th Gear

Likely to be the ECU control unit kaput , J745500

Dear brothers,..

Phone +60134928008

Thanks a lot

Kadir

KL

hi, I drive 2009 zafira since 2009. Good = very solid build, inside & outside. The seats are firm n nice, even leather quality is good.

Engine a bit noisy & rough. Engine, I add additive to make it smoother. Petrol, I add additive when pump petrol for lower engine noise, smoother & more power. Brake pad I change to low brake dust type. I will insulate engine & 4 wheel arc next time.

I may even renew COE or change to a new Zafira. The doors of new zafira is a lot lighter and lost the solid slamming sound. But it's still N-CAP 5 star for both Tourer & Zafira B. The down side is that servicing is expensive, especially at AD. Go CK cheaper, but they ask u to change this change that, everything change......beware.

Love the car. Zero breakdown so far. Still have the wow factor when fetching people. Lucky didn;t buy Touran in 2009. That generation VW got a lot of problems.

• Praise 1

(edited)

hi, I drive 2009 zafira since 2009. Good = very solid build, inside & outside. The seats are firm n nice, even leather quality is good.

Engine a bit noisy & rough. Engine, I add additive to make it smoother. Petrol, I add additive when pump petrol for lower engine noise, smoother & more power. Brake pad I change to low brake dust type. I will insulate engine & 4 wheel arc next time.

I may even renew COE or change to a new Zafira. The doors of new zafira is a lot lighter and lost the solid slamming sound. But it's still N-CAP 5 star for both Tourer & Zafira B. The down side is that servicing is expensive, especially at AD. Go CK cheaper, but they ask u to change this change that, everything change......beware.

Love the car. Zero breakdown so far. Still have the wow factor when fetching people. Lucky didn;t buy Touran in 2009. That generation VW got a lot of problems.

Hi Opel bros and sister,

I am eyeing on the 2006 Opel Meriva in the used carmart. Are there any comments for those who are still driving this edition? I am the first timing driving a car manufactured out of Asia.

I tested the car engine running idle at Stationary mode, and after 15 min a high pitch screeching sound was observed to be coming from the engine area. The mileage is about 139k and the car was serviced recently i.e have checked the coolant, engine oil.

The waterpump, tension pulley and alternator was running fine, but have yet to check in the timing belt. Any owners out there encounter such incident before in any of your ride?

Thanks in advance

Seb

Edited by Battleship1977

Supercharged

how did you manage to import old car into Malaysia? I heard it is impossible unless you have the connections.

Dear brothers,..

Phone +60134928008

Thanks a lot

Kadir

KL

4th Gear

Hi Seb

Did the previous owner leave you the history of the car?

If no, you may want to check with TE, the former AD for past records of major repairs/incidents, such as ECU or the MTA unit. These are the two most expensive items should it breakdown, around $2.4k each. Even recond sets also close to $2k incl of workmanship.

If you are comfortable with the answers to your queries at TE, let them do the works.

As a comparison of the 80k km or 160k km major servicing ( timing belts water pumps etc, their price was $950 ; AMK Point workshop $850.

Hope this is helpful

Hi Opel bros and sister,

I am eyeing on the 2006 Opel Meriva in the used carmart. Are there any comments for those who are still driving this edition? I am the first timing driving a car manufactured out of Asia.

I tested the car engine running idle at Stationary mode, and after 15 min a high pitch screeching sound was observed to be coming from the engine area. The mileage is about 139k and the car was serviced recently i.e have checked the coolant, engine oil.

The waterpump, tension pulley and alternator was running fine, but have yet to check in the timing belt. Any owners out there encounter such incident before in any of your ride?

Thanks in advance

Seb

Hi Seb

Did the previous owner leave you the history of the car?

If no, you may want to check with TE, the former AD for past records of major repairs/incidents, such as ECU or the MTA unit. These are the two most expensive items should it breakdown, around $2.4k each. Even recond sets also close to $2k incl of workmanship.

If you are comfortable with the answers to your queries at TE, let them do the works.

As a comparison of the 80k km or 160k km major servicing ( timing belts water pumps etc, their price was $950 ; AMK Point workshop $850.

Hope this is helpful

(edited)

Hi Opel bros and sister,

Thanks in advance

Seb

u mean this piece of sh1t specimen?

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info_photos.php?ID=489184&CUR=1#photo

if yes

1) direct seller = walk away

2) num of owner unlisted = walk away

3) one year left and 85k mileage = RUN AWAY, the car been sitting in workshop MONTHS ON END BY TRUCKLOADS OF OWNERS KANNA CON TO BUY AND UP THE CRAP PROBLEMS...

a friend has a citroen c3 which was deemed totally rubbish by many too, he clock 270+k in 7+ years , 2nd clutch change, engine perfect fine no even top overhaul before, just usual servicing, and will expect to hit 350k by 10 year...and he is abusive driver..this is true reliability not this meriva crap

4) paper scrap value now = 7k, he asking near 20k, seller brain got problem or urs got problem

Edited by Furrynadz
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Thank you very much Bros, Yhn and Furrynadz for the insights and details for what to look out for.

I will buy you guys kopi if I manage to see you :)

By the way, I saw a few wokshops in the forum that provides servicing on Opel rides i.e CK in the north area and United Motor in the east side. Anyone have other recommendations on the workshop/s that service your Opel that you can recommend?

Have a good weekend

[laugh]

Edited by Battleship1977
↡ Advertisement