PS4 advise

Wish1719

Hi all,

Thinking of getting the PS4, launching this Thursday.

Wondering if previous games from PS3 are able to access to play as well,

also how about those downloaded into the hard-disk, is it possible to transfer it over?

thanks

fyi: getting it for my kids

↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

Thinking of getting the PS4, launching this Thursday.

Wondering if previous games from PS3 are able to access to play as well,

also how about those downloaded into the hard-disk, is it possible to transfer it over?

thanks

fyi: getting it for my kids

You go play Golf lar...... [sly]

Ever since when you into PS ... [flowerface]

You go play Golf lar...... [sly]

Ever since when you into PS ... [flowerface]

Nbz....

I said for my boys liao.....you no no how to read ah????

fyi. also can play Tiger Woods PGA Tour what.... [sly]

Nope, ps3 games are not compatible with ps4. Ps3 dlc are not transferable to ps4 at the moment.

Wah.... like that better wait....

am sure not many games will be out yet.

Thanks

Nbz....

Wah.... like that better wait....

am sure not many games will be out yet.

Thanks

Yup, the best is to wait. Currently each platform around 20+ titles only. Give it at least 6 months for it's library and exclusives to flourish. And in 6 months we can pretty much know who is leading the console war this generation. The Last thing we want is to buy the "wrong" failed consoles like Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, 3DO, Nintendo 64, Gamecube and NeoGEo.

Edited by Pocus

PS3 games that are compatible with the PS4 have to be downloaded from the PSNetwork. They say got 3000 titles lah, don't know how true it is, also it's not free, so if you already have the game on CD, no, you cannot pop it into your PS4 and play but you can pay to download it into your PS4.

Also, titles are still being released and planned for the PS3, so if you want, get a used PS3 decide if you like playing games on the PS before jumping fully into the PS4.

And, the wait for a fully enjoyable PS4 can be a long long wait.

• Praise 1

Yea. better wait. I doubt either will be a failure. But no point buying the latest consoles currently cos nothing spectacular to play. Local PS4 price also stupid inflated.

• Praise 1

Nbz....

Aei ...... news recently reported that Tiger Wood no more in PS game from next year lar. Sponsorship no more .... [sweatdrop]

As a PS fan back in the glorious days, I do hope PS4 can make it this time. PS1 and PS2 got it right but PS3 was too expensive and complicated to develop games.

As for PS4 I think tt's got so many things right at the start. It thrashed Xbox One in terms of appeal. It's also got slightly better hardward and based on x86 architecture (finally, after trying to be different in PS3) so it's easier to develop. Basically the PS4 retained it's purpose of being a hardcore gaming machine, while Microsoft is dropping abit of focus to internet TV and VOD. From that we can see microsoft is not sincere to fully rely on gaming for the sales of it's console. Probably after doing market trend. For me I buy a console for games, I already got Mio TV or starhub so WTF I need these feature from the Xbox One? I don't need to watch TV and play games at the same time.

But then we all know US gaming market is still the biggest and Americans are fiercely loyal to their homegrown brand. So it's an uphill fight for Sony this time, esp after it's trying to redeem itself from the lukewarm reception of the PS3.

Yeah I'm going to give it a few months before I get one just in case there are issues. Also will need to find out more about the PS3->PS4 games, I think there's something about paying a 10 dollar fee to download PS3 games or something but I might have heard wrong.

I have heard problems with the first-gen PS4, just check around on the net since the Ang Mo's already got both consoles released on their shores liao.

I prefer to wait till hardware stabilizes. But anyhow, the library of games ain't that great. MGS5 will only be out next year, right?

Launch today....

Whos getting it???

Thanks for all the tips and advises

Cheers!

Try any comics connection.. OFFICIAL house rule is cannot book.. First come first serve.