Jump to content

Speed camera in TPE


Roh96
 Share

Recommended Posts

You are right bro, just now drive past during lunch and i purposely took the extreme left lane to observe. No speed cam, only one blue sign board saying 'camera zone' after the down slope from Jalan Kayu to TPE, where it merge to the expressway.

 

So i guess that night must be from a mobile cam or something.

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone here knows how speed cameras captures the offender?hur.gif

 

Cos I have always been wondering... the speed camera is mounted at chest level.

So if I'm speeding, but there's another car besides me, won't the camera capture the side of the car instead of my number plate?

 

Will I get away with speeding by driving in the lane furthest from the camera, and making sure that there are other cars blocking the line of sight of the camera?

Probably using wide lens! laugh.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think all these speed cameras have been set up at the wrong places, esp those at above overhead bridges. Most of these places are safe even if the driver are travelling above 10 or 20 kph over the speed limit. They can cause accidents, if the car in front jammed on the brakes. I've seen more reckless drivers and riders weaving in and out of traffic; speeding more than 50 kph on certain roads; using their handphones while driving, etc. But where are the police in these instances?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

ermm...not all are safe coz there traffic filtering down from the overheads too..

 

these places are safer for them to be deployed coz there additional shoulder for them to park and be deployed without taking up lane and disrupt traffic ...they are eventually some pple' son/daughter or father/mother too...dun expect them to lose their life coz of some spdster lose control and killed them?? [;)]

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've travelled on that stretch on 2nd of Jan 2007 and I've noticed the following:

 

1. There are signs stating "Camera Zone" but not "Speed Camera Ahead"

2. I saw a box-like thing on the left hand shoulder that looks like those box-like seed camera we see at yishun, PIE etc. But it turns out to be like a electrical junction box with no lense windows.

 

Don't think there is a speed camera mounted there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone saw speed camera mounted on the jalan kayu flyover towards woodlands direction? Time is around 1030pm (2/5/10).... Too late to slow down when I saw it..

Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone saw speed camera mounted on the jalan kayu flyover towards woodlands direction? Time is around 1030pm (2/5/10).... Too late to slow down when I saw it..

 

do you mean permanent speed camera or just one time off?

not that i know of, that's any speed camera along that stretch of road.

Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone saw speed camera mounted on the jalan kayu flyover towards woodlands direction? Time is around 1030pm (2/5/10).... Too late to slow down when I saw it..

 

 

see carefully. that time i and this black altis crusing at about 100+ then i saw flash from the same bridge. Knn i super slow down and bio the bridge. Its actually a group of barstard act arty farty photographers taking pictures for don't know what reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites

do you mean permanent speed camera or just one time off?

not that i know of, that's any speed camera along that stretch of road.

 

its those mobile speed camera.... On top of the flyover

 

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...