Running-in

Keen

what is the exact way to run in my car for the first 1000km ah?

↡ Advertisement

My SE's advice is to drive gently, keep RPM below 3 and don't go above 100km/h better keep to 90km/h. just be light on ur right foot lah.

Neutral Newbie

Like what U gonna do the first x u made love to the lady,ramp it up her.That's what's it's called running in.

Ramp her man,ramp her baby.

After that it's your to play,it's your car,it's your lady.

Hi Keen, i remember last time while doing running in for my car is that...speed not exceed more than 100km/h and rpm not more than 3000.

i think that should be most safer way to do running in for yr car

(edited)
My SE's advice is to drive gently, keep RPM below 3 and don't go above 100km/h better keep to 90km/h. just be light on ur right foot lah.

SE's talking rubbish. SE is like you and me, ordinary car owner with layman knowledge of car, giving his personal opinion.

Best to refer to Owner's Manual. During run-in I even went above 150.

Edited by Dumb

My previous ride, no run in period and first servicing was 5000 km.

Refer to Owner's Manual on what you should not do during run in period if there is any.

ya, best refer to owner's manual. but basically, initial 1000km, do not exceed 3K rpm all the time. ocassionally okay. try to keep below 90 kph, vary your speed as keeping it too low all the while, also strains the new engine. first 500km, don't jam hard on your brakes becos new brakes shoes not properly sitted yet. must give time to allow it sit in. new engine plenty of sharp edges in metal parts, must give time for them to fall off then engine parts become smoother. thats why 1st servicing/engine oil change very important as this get rid of all these debris. hope this helps. enjoy your ride! [:)]

Neutral Newbie

it depends on you... engines nowsadays are far more advanced...so do a little more reading up!!

(edited)

My owner's manual doesnt say do not exceed 3000 rpm or 90 kph during running in . Is that your opinion or what your manual says?

If I understand my manual correctly, driving 80 kph or even at any speed constantly over a long distance is a no no. I should vary the rpm and can go up to redline during running in.

Edited by Dumb

Neutral Newbie

I think there are different methods to do run in.

From my knowledge, there are hard run in and soft run in (if i'm not wrong)

Hard run in is to vary the RPM like what dumb had said.

Soft run in is to drive as smooth as possible and not to have sudden increase in acceleration.

Both method is very common in the biking world.

Manual got say the basic run-in lah. Just follow the points will do. [nod] Most important don't stay one speed for long. Varys around. [sweatdrop]

BTW, do you intend to keep yr car for long or not? If not, don't care abt wat run in or not lah.

Hard run in for people change car frequently and xiao speeding/performance one. Soft run in for people that pat their [gorgeous] like some precious stones. Of course... there are also those that treat their ride like no tomorrow....but yet wants it to last at least 20 yrs [hur]

I say just enjoy yr ride.

↡ Advertisement