Jump to content

OPC Offender


Picanto
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yeah. Agreed. If their operations are covered by a permit, then I guess it's allowed. But as I recall, car owners are not allowed to wash our cars in the MSCP outside of the designated washing bay.

Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10204p.nsf/WP...es?OpenDocument

 

I think parking other than parking lot is a $50 fine.

(motor cycle, car, heavy vehicles)

3 Parking other than in a parking lot. $25 $50 $80/$200

 

As for washing in a parking place:

14© Cause/permit vehicle to be washed in a parking place. $80 $80 $80

 

 

Depending on which warren shift you encounter, as far as I know, over zealous ones will book you for every shift change.

 

 

But we digress, this is an OPC 'offender' topic. [;)]

Edited by Slowmo
Link to post
Share on other sites

yesterday went 2 punggol 2 pick up sometin from my frd..park at loading/unloading bay..saw dat the car next 2 me kena saman $100.. [sweatdrop]

 

i immediateli went 2 the mscp 2 park my car...

Link to post
Share on other sites

i dun think there is intention to cheat. they will not fine you very heavily, but still the fine could be a four figure sum. the important issue now is how you going to prove that 'intention' to the IO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie
Brother, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

 

Washing car like a nighttime freelance foreign talent does tend to incur wrath of neighboring car owners, which you might be 'rewarded' with higher repair costs of your own vehicle amounting to more than the fines of illegal OPC car movement. [lipsrsealed]

 

And I've not even mentioned about the illegal part of washing car in a parking lot. [sweatdrop]

 

I am not too sure about washing in MSCP, why can get a licence to wash our cars in CP but not licence to wash ourself?

 

I don't understand why washing car will affect other's car? I mean just simple wash, not wax n polish kind of thing.

 

So it is actually cheaper to just pick a right time to wash or tear a coupon if really 'need' to wash out of OPC hours. [nod]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie
No worries. I am all for tearing the coupon when I am using my OPC. I just don't agree with the extreme definition of what constitutes as 'use'.

 

btw, from what I remember, washing of cars in MSCP ouside of the designated washing bay is also not allowed.

 

The rules set are just so to stop any arguements such as what constitutes as use. They also know ppl like to take advantage of grey areas. [lipsrsealed]

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not too sure about washing in MSCP, why can get a licence to wash our cars in CP but not licence to wash ourself?

 

I don't understand why washing car will affect other's car? I mean just simple wash, not wax n polish kind of thing.

 

So it is actually cheaper to just pick a right time to wash or tear a coupon if really 'need' to wash out of OPC hours.

 

If you read the policy closely, one portion says that it has to be restricted to one area of the carpark.

 

If you wash your dirty car, the floor will be wet and how are you going to guarantee that your dirty water will not be splashed onto the next car? Perhaps that neighbour just did PPS for his car and you ruined it?

 

Also, if you use soap, it will be worse, the floor will be slippery, and if a pregnant woman slip and fall, as the town council/hdb will they be willing to shoulder the responsibility?

 

My take here is, unless it is a 'die die' situation to wash the car, (eg. someone threw up on the car, went over a pile of crap) then by all means tear a coupon..etc. Wait one more day to sunday won't kill you. [lipsrsealed]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Memory wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not too sure about washing in MSCP, why can get a licence to wash our cars in CP but not licence to wash ourself?

 

I don't understand why washing car will affect other's car? I mean just simple wash, not wax n polish kind of thing.

 

So it is actually cheaper to just pick a right time to wash or tear a coupon if really 'need' to wash out of OPC hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I belive the liscense is to operate a business.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

That's the thing, why bangla can have a licence to wash but not the car owners? Is it because they adhere to the rules and considerate enough not to pour water and soap on the floor?

 

I also agree to your point that OPC owners should tear a coupon if they insist they want to wash car, and not trying to argue on the point that they just drive their car in MSCP or move 1 lot. [nod]

Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Memory wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Reply To

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

No worries. I am all for tearing the coupon when I am using my OPC. I just don't agree with the extreme definition of what constitutes as 'use'.

 

btw, from what I remember, washing of cars in MSCP ouside of the designated washing bay is also not allowed.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

The rules set are just so to stop any arguements such as what constitutes as use. They also know ppl like to take advantage of grey areas.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

That's the problem. The definition is LTA's site is for USE of OPC. I USE the car to go around. Washing the car is not a USE. Shifting the car to another lot within the same car park is not a USE. Just as BM moving my (and countless) OPC around during servicing is not a USE. These are not grey areas.

 

It's only that there are people who do not really understand, so for them, the safest is do what is 'explicitly allowed'-> tear the coupon. [laugh]

Edited by Scoots
Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Memory wrote:

 

I also agree to your point that OPC owners should tear a coupon if they insist they want to wash car, and not trying to argue on the point that they just drive their car in MSCP or move 1 lot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree that you are entitled to your own opinion and interpretation of the terms

Edited by Scoots
Link to post
Share on other sites

suggest that checking of the coupon should be left to the TP. do you think the TP will give us abalone if we catch the offender? DEFINITELY NO NO.

 

ya lor.

 

dunno why some pple find it so hard to understand.

 

even if i'm the TP, i catch only cos it's my job. unless i super love gahmen or sth. the 5k-10k fine also feed gahmen coffers wad [rolleyes]

 

those who have an issue better sign on with TP [thumbsup]

 

in fact, i sometimes fantasize abt being TP for a day, booking taxis for their everyday stunts and setting up road blocks to catch drink drivers [sly]

Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe shld ask these senario to LTA for answers

 

Dun bother cos they will only tell u the standard answer "Once engine on, any movement require coupon".

 

The ppl whom you called are not the policy creators nor they can amend unless you write to forum to ask LTA to review or by any chance u speak to a key decision-maker who can make ppl shiver every time they sneeze.

 

Even if you do manage to speak to 1 big shot, it still depends on many other factors like what will be his mileage/benefit if he does amend or fine-tune this regulation?

 

U know ppl in these organisation sometimes are already in their "comfort zone" so they dun see the reason of the constant change to get in time. What makes things worse is OPC population are always small for ppl to take note. So if we do suggest any change, we always give others the impression we are cheapos trying to try our luck to max our usage. Sad to say, this is Sg...you may see the generousity of Singaporeans donating $ sad to say, there was a survey done that even thou Singaporeans are willing to donate $ but we are not willing to contribute anything other than $.

 

Yeah I do agree that changes takes place everytime just like the bus lanes timings or the general usage pattern of OPC owner i.e. most of us no longer work on wkends. But it's sad to see some notorious ppl who dislikes OPC, wanted so much to amend OPC unrestricted timings during wkdays to 8pm just like bus lanes. So can i also suggest if wanna amend to a later time, can we also amend the timing on sat from 3pm to let's say 1pm or no restriction at all on sat. Honestly speaking, I can do with the change but the KEY WORD HERE IS LET'S BE FAIR TO ALL. (The words to bold are only directed to those who hates OPC only.)

 

Cheers...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me teach you a way to save monee and not let cheng hu earn extras.

 

Wash your car when it is permitted for OPC driving. Or wash like the carpark Bangla, ie. pail of water + sponge.

 

You can't have the best of both worlds, esp. when rules are set out upfront, unless one can stick to the rule. So instead of going for OPC and still try to eat a bit here and there, it is better to go for normal plate and puts the mind at ease, otherwise forgo driving. Maybe that is the final message.

 

 

Oh that sounds like buying a cow because I love to drink milk or I buy the whole forest because I dunno how much timber I need to make my furniture. Cheers..

Link to post
Share on other sites

that quite a good idea. doubt the authorities going to implement it cos its going to lower the cost of driving. LTA has already stated that its not its duty to lower driving cost.

 

think abt it. some OPC owners will take MRT/taxi to wherever for short trips. LTA doesn't even earn the miserable $10.

 

for a trip to the market, with $10 coupon instead of having to tear $20 coupon, i might consider. than LTA at least makes the $10.

 

of course we shouldn't go too far and suggest "hourly rate OPC use coupon". that'd be too ridiculous [laugh]

 

i say again, my car has black plate [;)]

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the thing, why bangla can have a licence to wash but not the car owners? Is it because they adhere to the rules and considerate enough not to pour water and soap on the floor?

 

I also agree to your point that OPC owners should tear a coupon if they insist they want to wash car, and not trying to argue on the point that they just drive their car in MSCP or move 1 lot. [nod]

 

This is a typical case of army in the earlier days...no means no means no matter what means no. I seriously hope our next generation dun get educated like this manner especially in their growing up phase into adulthood then we get more & more uncreative ppl. And we get MAKAN by other ppl from other country because they are more easily adaptable to situational changes & we become poor in situational analysis.

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...