Mazda6 (2008 model) or Camry?

Renegade

...not considering the almost-completely intangible resale value issue, that is.

And why?

Thanks in advance for feedback

↡ Advertisement

No doubt resale value of Camry would fetch better price.

But would u rather suffer on daily basis to drive a car that you yourself also dun like for at least 3-4years and only be happy on the day you sell off for that few thousands extra?

Or enjoy every single day driving a car you like....

Even for basic 2L M6 is way better than 2L Camry...in terms of looks, handling and desirability.

I am not sure what is your age, who do you think would impress a girl more when you fetch them with? Camry or M6....you decide...

However, another side of me hope no one likes or buys the new M6 so its price will drop faster and by a lot in time for me to change car. [laugh]

Current buyers of M6 have to brace themselves of massive drop in price after they buy. MM always like to chut pattern one. [:p]

i thk depends on your age profile cos one is sporty executive (target young) while the other is a luxury sedan (target mature)..

im in my early 30s for i thk i wil go mz6 anytime laugh.gif

Neutral Newbie
...not considering the almost-completely intangible resale value issue, that is.

And why?

Why not consider the fabulous Honda Civic FD?

1. Looks way much better

2. Excellent resale value

3. First class engine technology by Honda

4. Excellent reliability

5. Best car in the category

Thanks for the replies so far - I'm finding the info very enlightening. Please keep them coming.

As DS questions,

Why not consider the fabulous Honda Civic FD?

1. Looks way much better - compared to the new 6 or Camry? Personally, I think the 6 hatch looks a bit furmpy compared to the sedan.

2. Excellent resale value - how does one really quantify "resale value", especially in this context?

3. First class engine technology by Honda - that's quite undisputable in many aspects [thumbsup]

4. Excellent reliability - some (JDPower, ConsumerDirect, etc fans) would find this debatable

5. Best car in the category - interesting comment here, but isn't the M6 in the same category as the Accord? Also, what do you mean by "best".

No offense intended here - I admit I'm pretty impressed by Honda in general (less so with their recent F1 track record [laugh][laugh] ) but I've been trying to look beyond the typical arguements I get which usually end up going nowhere beyond the opening statement such as "better resale value".

And why?

Guess you should be aware that pricing for Mazda is always quite expensive when initial launch of their new models, it will be much cheaper if you buy in the later part.

Just imagine the initial launch of Mazda 6 and Mazda 3 prices compared to some time later.

No doubt resale value of Camry would fetch better price.

But would u rather suffer on daily basis to drive a car that you yourself also dun like for at least 3-4years and only be happy on the day you sell off for that few thousands extra?

Or enjoy every single day driving a car you like....

Even for basic 2L M6 is way better than 2L Camry...in terms of looks, handling and desirability.

I am not sure what is your age, who do you think would impress a girl more when you fetch them with? Camry or M6....you decide...

i tink girls will not be impressed with either cars

1. debatable. honestly i tink civic is average with so many on the road.

2. excellent resale value? yes but still, i tink its just decent instead of EXCELLENT

3. engine is good, but only the 1.8 imho cos its the latest

4. excellent reliability.. i dont remember mazda has reliability problems

5. best car in the category is too much of a sweeping statement

Good point [thumbsup]

Which brings to mind this addtional question - it's already slightly more affordable (and better specced) than the euqivalent Camry now. So it'll be even more affordable down the road?

↡ Advertisement