Neutral Newbie
(edited)
Love it, 3 oil changes ROI liao. [nod][nod] [nod

error...

Edited by Str2
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
Love it, 3 oil changes ROI liao. [nod][nod] [nod

For those who DIY oil change, it is illegal to leave oil at car-park rubbish bin or pour in drain....Need to put back into container and leave it at petrol station workshop (they recycle and believed they are paid for it).

I wonder how many DIYers just dump at rubbish bins?

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bro can advise where to get this Change of timing belts/air-con belts RM15-30 - I personally think its damp cheap for this kind of labour charge.

Can share

OK at this shop. I'd never thought of any security/safety

risk at all. I always tell them I'd leave the car there while I

did some shopping across the road. Hawk Tayar is a reputable

name with a chain of workshops all over the Peninsular.

Some mechs do get transferred from one to another.....

Neutral Newbie
Oh yes i see this one, i used to eat in the hawker next to it when ever had a chance when i'm in.

See a lot of S'pore car do washing there, had thought of parking my car in front of this shop cos outside all full - HAha but not dare.

So they do servicing and tyre balancing? wat is the cost?

went to hawk tayar today for tyre rotate and balancing, RM24 +5% tax, not the cheapest, but quite happy with them. The mech there are quite professional.... [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Just went to Caltex thomson this afternoon. Only 1 car infront of me. Brought my own oil and filter . Mr. Teo, the boss, who did the servicing, is very friendly. He also cleaned my air filter, pumped the tire, checked the front brake and top up the water. All in all, took me about 20 mins to get the whole thing done.

Damaged done? $15 [sunny]. Very happy with the service.

JB might be cheaper but a lot of jams [furious] these days.

went to autosaver. damage was $20. addtional services include vacumm interior, pump tyre, clean air filter. as i live in hougang, making the trip to thomson will cost more in terms of petrol.so choose the autosaver defu lane branch.

u never say u from car forum. he will charge u 10 bux only.

tt time he change my dad's air filter and top up, etc etc. i paiseh, didn't wanna ask for forum discount but he gave it anyway.. $10 [nod]

if i dun need to balance tyres or dun plan to go JB shopping while servicing i will definitely patronise his WS. must support folks like him [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

No leh, I did say I am from car forum. He ask me how much since I am from forum? I ask him back how much he wants to charge me?! Then he says $15. I think he blur (or act blur). Even if he ask $10 I will still pay $15 cause alrealy very reasonable. Will definately go back to him next time since its not far from my place.

I actually very paiseh since a lot of servicing shops do package (therefore a lot more expensive) and dont let you bring your own oil and filter.

This reminds me when young I bring egg to buy Char Kuay Teow!!! [laugh]

could be inflation la.. either that or u driving some expensive car [sly][sly]

$15 i dun mind but still somewhat steeper than JB. $10 really no cause for complaint. [thumbsup]

i also got go there...also $15

but i told him onli need to change oil and oil fliter....air filter i own self settle [cool]

drain oil, no need jack up [cool]

I just visited him on 26/07/08, he still charge me S$10 leh. Brought my own oil and oil filter. Maybe he know me liao so same price. [laugh] This is my 10K servicing, will see him again when I hit 20K in 6mths time.

He gave me the same good for value service, drain oil -> remove oil filter -> replace oil filter -> top up oil -> check all my car fluids including wiper fluid -> clean air filter -> pay him S$10 and [wave][wave][wave]

Fuss free servicing. [thumbsup]

[thumbsup]

i may be sending my car to him to change timing belt. u reckon i need to make an appt? for OCI i'd just drive down n wait cos it only takes abt 15-20 mins [nod]

looks like I need to pay him a visit, can save a bit of $$ sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

Edited by Vtim
↡ Advertisement