Lasik Eye Surgery

Driven

Neutral Newbie

Been hesitating for a long while whether should go for the lasik surgery.

Always feel how nice it is to wake up with clear vision without having to find my glasses.

Somehow, the thought of "what if i'm the "lucky one" the surgery gone wrong. Permanent blindness, partial blindness, loss job, etc. All these disturb and distort the decision process.

Anyone cares to share your experience with lasik. [blush]

↡ Advertisement

did it 1.5 mths ago. easy painless procedure and i got good results. i would recommend you to do it if you can. [thumbsup]

Edited by Potheader

Neutral Newbie

U can go Dr Mark Tay @ lsc.org or Dr Leonard Ang @ SNEC. Both r highly recommended at flowerpod.com.sg forum. If I m not wrong, lsc is having promo on certain credit cards n oso 12mths interest free instalment. My SIL had hers wif lsc, she's v satisfied wif their service. I went too but not suitable cos degree too high...but overall eye evaluation is v gd, foc. I tot they might ask me to pay. [:p]

But u r a gal, I highly recomm Dr Mark Tay...he's charming though not young liaoz... [lipsrsealed]

Ask yourself these questions:

- If wear specs, will u die?

- If u blind, will u still enjoy life as before?

I have a few friends who took the plunge & went for lasik. Lucky nothing happen. Some jio me to go for it but i already declare i die-die won't go for lasik unless there is insurance to cover blindness from lasik (practically impossible at all)

u will never know when u will be the lucky one.... if it doesn't happen GOOD...

BUT IF U REALLY STRIKE LOTTERY ... HOW ???!!!

think of the consequences: no more family to see, no more chio bu to see, cannot drive, problem finding job, pay cut or loss, etc...

WORTH IT MEH?

u only live once & why take such risk? all the beautiful things in life u see now will end if anything happens during lasik. What if tat day the surgeon screw up hand shake? blackout? or watever sxxt happens?

wearing specs - no big deal at all

Think twice again I say...

Edited by Sci10213
  • Praise 1

yeah for me i was motivated by lifestyle choice: ironman triathlons, adventure racing and everest trek not easy to do if you're bespectacled.

well weigh the pros and cons, be aware of the risks, before committing. [;)]

Did it @ LSC 1 year ago.. Very crowded place..

No pain or whatsoever, but have complications like dry eyes, halo, glare at night which is caused by the so called "healing" of the corneo flap which should disappear after 3-9 months, depending on your degree.. Day eyesight have no problem at all, but may need to wear sunglasses for the first few days.. Can look cool in office..

So far never heard of blindness caused by lasik surgery in Singapore, but do have people kenna eye infection.. Most likely they never use the antibiotic as stated by the doctor or another type of bacteria infect the eye.. Chance is 1/10000.. Easier to strike 4D, i guess..

Also have people who did not get the result they want or prefect eyesight.. Maybe some expected to get eagle's eyesight..

All the thought of surgery going wrong will sure come into your mind.. So go for it only if you feel comfortable..

This lasik surgery video. Not mine.. but basically what happen.. I think may put a lot of people off..

Do not watch if you have weak heart or stomach!!

Yeah!! For me, even when i am taking IPPT, my spec will drop easily when doing SBJ and shuttle run.. and when swimming, i am virtually blind.. cannot see any eye candy clearly.. so now very happy with clear vision.. laugh.gif

i did lasik abt 1 month plus ago..... Absolutely no regret... no more contact lens or specs...

Initially i was also afraid... what if im the "lucky" one? (there is 1 infection in 10,000 cases).... even if the pecentage of blindness is 0.000001%, its stil too big a risk... To me, eyesight is the most impt thing of my life...

But i stil went for it.... cos wearing contacts makes my eyes very tired n i alwaz feel v sleepy all the time..... wearing specs, sometimes i get tensed up n duno y my specs will start to fog... very embarassing when im at a meeting n need to remove my specs to wipe the fog.....

If u dun want to wear lens n glasses anymore, go for lasik.... dun tink too much... the more u think, the more scared u will feel...

Anyway lasik is getting more affordable.... its also a common procedure now.... u will be surprised to see people walkin in and out of the operation theatre as if visiting a dentist... the procedure is very fast n straight-forward.....

Neutral Newbie
Been hesitating for a long while whether should go for the lasik surgery.

Always feel how nice it is to wake up with clear vision without having to find my glasses.

Somehow, the thought of "what if i'm the "lucky one" the surgery gone wrong. Permanent blindness, partial blindness, loss job, etc. All these disturb and distort the decision process.

Anyone cares to share your experience with lasik. [blush]

did mine more than 10 years ago at SNEC (Dr Peter Tseng). my degree was about 500+ each, and i also had astigmatism.

my eyesight isn't perfect, i can't really see those bus numbers but at least i can see quite well 85% of the time. night time still got a little double vision due to a little astigmatism.

main thing is at least now i don't need to wear specs. don't have to feel like handicapped if specs get lost, broken.

there are many methods available now. you would need to speak with the dr to ascertain which one is suitable for you. different methods have their pros and cons (risks).

you would also need to consider the recovery period, follow-up.

i assume if you're already considering Lasik, cost shouldn't be a problem.

Neutral Newbie

I was considering doing lasik last week but didn't do in the end. However I feel I will eventually go one day. Maybe when I'm 30 or something.

OMG, I didn't know there was blood involved! WTF?!?!? And the video was like 8mins! Got so long meh? I thought it's like over in 20secs?

The total time like preparing to cut the flap (which should be the most important part in healing afterward) and ending part will take around 10-15 mins for 2 eye, but actual laser exposure will take around 30 sec which is after they lift up the flap..

As for the blood part, i guess may depend on how skillful and experience your doctor is.. Mine is blood free.. At least i never see or feel them soak up any blood since they proceed to lasik after they cut the flap.. laugh.gif

I was watching this exact video before i decided to go for the operation to prepare myself.. sweatdrop.gif

15 mins of "horror" in exchange a lifetime(maybe not) of clear vision.. That is my mentality.. laugh.gif

Like what bro potheader said, go for it if you can shake off the "what if i am the lucky one" mentality..

BTW, my doctor is Dr Yap Soo Keong if anyone want recommandation.. I heard Dr Marc Tay also good..

Edited by Beei

not really about degree highness, but your candidacy depends more on your cornea thickness, i.e., how much the doctor can cut away.

for me, i had thick corneas (about 600+) so the doc could happily just laser everything away. [laugh]

but for your is u cannot see your glossy ride... [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

anyway its the risk that each individual have to take if they are considering about it. [;)]

↡ Advertisement