Cataract Surgery

RadX

Just wanted to share with all here the recent cataract surgery I had.

Preparation was simple, only antibiotics required prior to the op 2 days before.

Day of op, fasted for 6 hrs and was a day surgery technique. Technique used was the phaco emulsification one and what it meant was removal of the lens and reinsertion of a new one.

I was in and out of the OT as faster than a QQ can reach Bukit Panjang to CIQ [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed] . Waiting time was longer than total OP time. I have regained my vision fully and tested to be 6/6.

Those contemplating please go ahead and go for it. Effortless

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Preparation was simple, only antibiotics required prior to the op 2 days before.

Day of op, fasted for 6 hrs and was a day surgery technique. Technique used was the phaco emulsification one and what it meant was removal of the lens and reinsertion of a new one.

I was in and out of the OT as faster than a QQ can reach Bukit Panjang to CIQ [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed] . Waiting time was longer than total OP time. I have regained my vision fully and tested to be 6/6.

what is ur down time? Mc how many days?

Axela, if you want subsidised, go to plyclinic and get referral letter.

FS, downtime 1 month, but me able to go up and about next day al....me now at work typing this...even though on MC.....

if you are singaporean, total cost of $1k fully medisave. If you a-class, then co-pay about $1k.

Prof Wong did for me. They do a total of 80 a day so it is like a simple blood taking exercise...haha

Few months back I went to SNEC for my right eye checkup because it cannot focus properly even after changing new lens.

The doctor said I got early sign of cataract. During the test they put a Red liquid into the eyes to dilate the pupils for ese of subsequent inspection.

But somehow after that day I found my Right eye seem to be getting worse. Currently the view through my Right Eye seems to be covered with a layer of light Haze especially in bright light.

What's you experience before you decide to have a Cataract ? I'm currently Astig on both eyes but almost zero Far Sight but increasing Long Slight. I'm 44 now.

Thank you.

Yup...that is Cataract...It got so bad that I could not even really drive as vision was affected. Do be careful. The eyedrops will dilate your pupils so that they open bigger and thus you can see around the cataract. Vision would be good for a day only. Color vision is affected and at night you see like total haziness vision.

Do ask the dr to put you on list if your lifestyle changes drastically. mine changed IMMEDIATELY...now can see charbo better :D:D:D

Now then you do ar? I did mine 3 years ago, Eye Centre. Regain vision next day,

I thought for you, thei'd at least use a Nikon lens or better, Carl Zeiss. [shocked]:D

eh my fren...i still young nia...you old fart already...muahahahhaa....

yeah, you did both??? they use Bosch and Lomb lenses le..... but you need reading glasses right??? but still better la....

welcome to the cataract club...hahahha

oh to all....do note that please use sunglasses when you are exposed to sun always as the UV nowadays is really hazardrous and i believe that attributed to my cataract esp when i was tennis coaching the last year or so

eh my fren...i still young nia...you old fart already...muahahahhaa....

yeah, you did both??? they use Bosch and Lomb lenses le..... but you need reading glasses right??? but still better la....

welcome to the cataract club...hahahha

oh to all....do note that please use sunglasses when you are exposed to sun always as the UV nowadays is really hazardrous and i believe that attributed to my cataract esp when i was tennis coaching the last year or so

knn, old you call one ar? morning still can stand 2, yours can not? [laugh]

No, I did one eye, cos that was the eye that saw you, nb, kana hazed up

when see your handsome face. [laugh] I had retina detachment surgery prior,

which was like 5 years ago. Caused by a para accident. Yesh, still see floaters,

vision never got restored completely, I mean, slight distortion, but still can see.

Wear sunglasses also no use, if the sunglasses half past six brand no UV say got type.

Anyway, the lens inserted must be cnaged after a couple of years also. So LL.

you go out on a sunny day, or driving, your eyes also exposed to UV,

unless you every moment have the sun glasses on. Screw it lah, change new one later.

Mati, everything all gone, left the lens. [laugh] [laugh]

Yeah...some of those sunglasses agree uv bo pakai one...hahah [cool]

you change lens like chnge underwear nia..... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

important tht can see la.... [thumbsup][thumbsup]

and dun tok so much...wait this forum becum My Cataract Forum :D:D:D

Eyh, they never give you, your old lens in a small bottle for keepsake ar? Chinese new Year can be the

talking point. [laugh] [laugh]

Eyh, they never give you, your old lens in a small bottle for keepsake ar? Chinese new Year can be the

talking point. [laugh] [laugh]

eh...keep for mahjong ah.....keep 1 EYE [drivingcar][drivingcar]

The method they use break the lens nia....all left is bitties of it...hahha

Yeah...some of those sunglasses agree uv bo pakai one...hahah [cool]

you change lens like chnge underwear nia..... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

important tht can see la.... [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Not like I like to change lens. No choice, nowadays

Geylang the lights quite dim, cannot see properly. [laugh] [laugh]

Not like I like to change lens. No choice, nowadays

Geylang the lights quite dim, cannot see properly. [laugh] [laugh]

[rolleyes][rolleyes] orrgh...red light you see blur ah [laugh]

↡ Advertisement