Detail a Hyper swirled Mark X (Intensive Pics)

Maddriver

Neutral Newbie

The car just re-sprayed? Cobweb from spray painter? I've never seen one like this......that painter spent a lot of time to create this because cobweb usually a problem for people who don't wash the car properly over the years.

Plus. See the holo, that guy anyhow move the machine around the panels. The usual ones is like systematic pattern like rows of it with about 3 inch apart (because the pad is usually 6-8 inch and polishing is 50% overlap). this guy.....

If re-sprayed, a common practice is 1500 grit sand paper then followed by a strong compound like G3 (almost like sand paper). Spoken to a supplier for the spray painter. Those high class ones can afford to use 3M (3000 grit - but you need a few pieces for the whole car at it cost $7 per piece), or Mirka ($3.2 per piece 4000 grit very very fine like sponge already) but not every customer wants to pay. Finally finish with a swirl remover polish to remove marks left by the compound.

The car just re-sprayed? Cobweb from spray painter? I've never seen one like this......that painter spent a lot of time to create this because cobweb usually a problem for people who don't wash the car properly over the years.

Plus. See the holo, that guy anyhow move the machine around the panels. The usual ones is like systematic pattern like rows of it with about 3 inch apart (because the pad is usually 6-8 inch and polishing is 50% overlap). this guy.....

If re-sprayed, a common practice is 1500 grit sand paper then followed by a strong compound like G3 (almost like sand paper). Spoken to a supplier for the spray painter. Those high class ones can afford to use 3M (3000 grit - but you need a few pieces for the whole car at it cost $7 per piece), or Mirka ($3.2 per piece 4000 grit very very fine like sponge already) but not every customer wants to pay. Finally finish with a swirl remover polish to remove marks left by the compound.

Agreed he skipped the swirl remover and stopped at G3 compound. Than cleaner/wax with rotary machine.

wow! fantastic job done! that must have took ages to correct! I hope the owner paid you a fair price for that!

If i were the owner, i would have punched the painter in the face lol!

what was the process like?

Edited by Four4s

Swee... [thumbsup]

I 1st met Benny when he is doing one of the bros car.

Can see he makes every effort to do a proper job and treat the car machiam his own.

From then, straight away I know who I can trust to hand over my car for grooming.

Cheers!

(edited)

wow! fantastic job done! that must have took ages to correct! I hope the owner paid you a fair price for that!

If i were the owner, i would have punched the painter in the face lol!

what was the process like?

Yoz Bro Alvin..Ya..take about 8hrs and lucky I am able to run both machine at one time..If my generator then i wont have the chance to use both machine at one goal..

Becos the owner knows the painter so well...The painter did a polishing for him when he went there to touch up the side door..FOC!!! faint faint...You can imagine using a wool pad with a wax... really faint..they are really deep cuts..

I used up 5 purple wool for this car..

My process is wool with IP mix with power gloss on rotary..Cant remember how many passes cos too many liao..

Then I have orange pad with IP again on Da as no 100% perfection from purple wool..

Follow by white polishing pad wif 85 final finish..

polishing pad again with DG#501 at low speed..

PBA then black pad wif #105..

As usual I am out for fun..and he waited for me quite awhile..My charges for this car is $150 and becos he is so happy with the result..He gave me another $100 Hong bao..kam sia kam sia...

Edited by Maddriver

As usual I am out for fun..and he waited for me quite awhile..My charges for this car is $150 and becos he is so happy with the result..He gave me another $100 Hong bao..kam sia kam sia...

Bro, your charges are really really very 'Money Worthwhile' [bounce2][bounce1][bounce2][bounce1][bounce2][bounce1]

Yoz Bro Alvin..Ya..take about 8hrs and lucky I am able to run both machine at one time..If my generator then i wont have the chance to use both machine at one goal..

Becos the owner knows the painter so well...The painter did a polishing for him when he went there to touch up the side door..FOC!!! faint faint...You can imagine using a wool pad with a wax... really faint..they are really deep cuts..

I used up 5 purple wool for this car..

My process is wool with IP mix with power gloss on rotary..Cant remember how many passes cos too many liao..

Then I have orange pad with IP again on Da as no 100% perfection from purple wool..

Follow by white polishing pad wif 85 final finish..

polishing pad again with DG#501 at low speed..

PBA then black pad wif #105..

wah piang... i shudder when you tell me ur process... your back and arms must be "broken" liao... $150 is way too cheap already! How many "man-hours"? should be at least 14! I would have paid more than $300 for this job if i were a customer.

fantastic work benny! :D

Swee... [thumbsup]

I 1st met Benny when he is doing one of the bros car.

Can see he makes every effort to do a proper job and treat the car machiam his own.

From then, straight away I know who I can trust to hand over my car for grooming.

Cheers!

Ozrims, I agree with you.

Same here. the first time i met Benny, i knew he's the one with cars!!!

Upz for BENNY!!!! (:

HUAT ARRR!!

↡ Advertisement