_A7_5046.jpg

kitchen

_A7_5069.jpg

Edited by Wind30
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged
(edited)

after renovation. Cost is 36k. Furnishing/Furniture maybe around 8k. Third time we worked with our Reno contractor. First time was like 16 years ago...

We tore up the dry kitchen to convert it to a study.

Redid the wet kitchen to add in oven, granite top.

Bedrooms did minor stuff like add bed frame, study table.

Living did simple panelling. 

Painting, plus light box.

Pics taken by me 🙂 

Living

_A7_5158.jpg

Dining

_A7_5168.jpg

kitchen

_A7_5170.jpg

2nd bedroom

_A7_5175.jpg

Master bedroom

_A7_5189.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 17
  • Shocked 2

Turbocharged
20 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

freshening up your rental unit?

Yup tenant moving in end of the month. We wanted to do something simple like 20k, but sort of did more and more. 
we kind of think renovation as Long as done normally, nothing too weird, should retain value. Hopefully the tenant take care of our stuff. 

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

Yup tenant moving in end of the month. We wanted to do something simple like 20k, but sort of did more and more. 
we kind of think renovation as Long as done normally, nothing too weird, should retain value. Hopefully the tenant take care of our stuff. 

With furnishing? I hope the tenant signed a 2 years lease.

Turbocharged

My sister came to see my Reno and I told her it cost as much as her sofa 🙂 

we bought everything cheap. Our sofa is full leather but cost only $1.6k I think, display set. 

I thought it is really surprising how cheap or expensive u can do it...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, Voodooman said:

With furnishing? I hope the tenant signed a 2 years lease.

Ya 2 year but with diplomatic clause after 8 months.... to a Japanese couple, no kids. Renovation hard to spoil I Guess... appliance all got warranty... 

let’s see the state of it after this tenant. 

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Wind30 said:

Ya 2 year but with diplomatic clause after 8 months.... to a Japanese couple, no kids. Renovation hard to spoil I Guess... appliance all got warranty... 

let’s see the state of it after this tenant. 

Usually if no kids, things would upkeep better. Japanese couple working in sg? Hopefully nothing much change to their job here for the next 2 years?! 

Supercharged
14 hours ago, Wind30 said:

Nice renovation! Initially I thought you had done up the place for own stay until I read further. How much does the monthly rental improve with the renovation if I may ask, though I understand that there may be multiple factors in play?

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, kykh said:

Nice renovation! Initially I thought you had done up the place for own stay until I read further. How much does the monthly rental improve with the renovation if I may ask, though I understand that there may be multiple factors in play?

I got it rented out at 5.3k/month. Previous rental was $5k but I suspect I will get only $4.3k if I don't do anything. 

Assuming it is 1k delta, the money should pay off in 40 months? 3 years. At the end of 3 years, I end up with a place that is renovated 3 years ago vs a place that is 17 years old.

I THINK the maths work out. We are quite house proud kind of people so we like to do it up nicely. Hopefully, you can attract the same kind of house proud tenant who will treat your place nicely too. 

• Praise 3