About the city Sonata taxi I encounter on 3Feb 2035H

Navyaveo

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

jus to share.

A city sonata taxi exit from SLE wanting to visit yishun town. Can see he is in a hurry to visit yishun as he change 3 lanes at one time once he exit. Of course, he is a courteous driver by signalling but he dun even bother to check blind spot especially when changing to lane 1. Of course, the only thing i can do is brake. But his speed at lane 1 is slow so I do a one-time hi beam that i am going to overtake him from left. He slow down and jus as my ex at his side, he speeds up which i believe it hit around 100km/h.

So no choice, i slow down and change back to lane 1 behind him and i give my second hi beam and he hit hard on his brake. Lucky thing is I am 4 cars length away from him. A veri responsive taxi driver...

Recession time= add stress to everyone= I must put in more more patience on the road. [flowerface][flowerface][flowerface]

↡ Advertisement

guess not all driver (be it taxi or private car) take beam as friendly notice. This is especially in boleh land. a beam or horn can result to a baton on your wind screen. I personally saw once in a market place in Angpang, the car right in front of my taxi horn at the other car in front. the driver get out of the car with a baseball bat, then there goes a windscreeen.

I usually just signal and go, unless in NSHW, a beam to signal those track driver which might not able to see my tiny car overtaking them.

Neutral Newbie

Yeah, agree with you. As long the hi beam and the horn are not more than 2 second count, to me i will give way and make his or her day. I believe someone out there may be speeding due to emergency matters.

Jus to share 2 encounters-

(a) I am driving my friend's new civic and i did not realise that I have switched on the hi beam while travelling at night. So there is a camry in front of

me can't stand the brightness so he give way to me. But he come behind me and let me test my own medicine for 10 lamppost distance as i

quickly siam from him.

(b) I am entering the PIE(Changi) on 30Jan 2045H. While entering into lane 3 of the expressway,there is a motorcyclist which is already on lane 3 and

is 1 and a half lamppost behind me WELOMED ME WITH A 1 MIN LONG HORN!!!! I speed up also kena horn during the process....

This recession is really serious and critical!!!! [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

Hi all,

jus to share.

A city sonata taxi exit from SLE wanting to visit yishun town. Can see he is in a hurry to visit yishun as he change 3 lanes at one time once he exit. Of course, he is a courteous driver by signalling but he dun even bother to check blind spot especially when changing to lane 1. Of course, the only thing i can do is brake. But his speed at lane 1 is slow so I do a one-time hi beam that i am going to overtake him from left. He slow down and jus as my ex at his side, he speeds up which i believe it hit around 100km/h.

So no choice, i slow down and change back to lane 1 behind him and i give my second hi beam and he hit hard on his brake. Lucky thing is I am 4 cars length away from him. A veri responsive taxi driver...

Recession time= add stress to everyone= I must put in more more patience on the road. [flowerface][flowerface][flowerface]

Aiya...You should have done it again....Go in front of the Sonata...slow down and put handbrake....Time to change a new bumper. Just joking. [laugh]

There are a lot of stressed drivers out there. With patience on the road, at least you will know that you can reach home safely and your beloved ride intact. [thumbsup]

A city sonata taxi exit from SLE wanting to visit yishun town. Can see he is in a hurry to visit yishun as he change 3 lanes at one time once he exit.

Hrrrrrrrr......i do this quite often too. At this same sketch. [lipsrsealed]

U sure it was a city sonata ? not a white sonata ? [lipsrsealed]

go in front of the sonata, slam all your weight on the brakes! give him a taste of his own medicine, see how he feel. time to teach those who like to ebrake a lesson.

Neutral Newbie

Its a nice bright yellow sonata. From this encounter, I strongly agree that New model Sonata is a powerful ride with speedy pick-up... [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Well, i am jus a nice and forgiving soul. Practise good road manner... Actually, in my younger day, i will let them taste their own medicine but now family man, dun wish to bother much...

go in front of the sonata, slam all your weight on the brakes! give him a taste of his own medicine, see how he feel. time to teach those who like to ebrake a lesson.

At times, I was also tempted to return ebrake to all these fellows but I thought if they reared my car, the one who lose out will be me as, whether right or wrong, my car will be in the workshop for a couple of weeks. Not worth lah.

I personally saw once in a market place in Angpang, the car right in front of my taxi horn at the other car in front.

Where exactly is 'Angpang'?!? Do you mean Ampang, a suburb in KL? If you really have been there before, perhaps a correct spelling of the name may be prudent.

↡ Advertisement