Is used auto wrx worth buying?

Whyeme

then perhaps u should take a look at 2nd hand wrx auto OPC.

would translate to fun with savings.

yup opc will be best i guess

thks for the advice [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

thks mate.

a fully stock GDA type F is very good nuff for me and i dun think any upgrades at all would be necessary as i believe the power would be amazing enuff...

maintenence expensive as in parts break down often or parts are ex? sori abt the noob questions [confused]

[drivingcar] So far mine served me well over 2 years...despite the fact that I drove it more that any other cars I've owned before...

I do quite a bit of NSHW drives too....When U confidently hit KL unda 2 1/2 hrs, u keep coming back...Hahaha!

I didnt do much on upgrades except exhaust and speed delimiter...I'm more into preventive maintenace...

[crazy] Interestingly, the newer S-GT has their brakes downgraded by FHI eventhough having similar specs...

If u could find a good 2nd hand specimen, it would be a decent platform for u to build on...

Sometimes,the itch of upgrades just wouldnt go away...... [thumbsup]

Edited by DarkSide

buy buy buy! :)

wow

think wrx is the 1st car i come across in MCF where so many ppl advice is

BUY BUY BUY! [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

thks mate.

a fully stock GDA type F is very good nuff for me and i dun think any upgrades at all would be necessary as i believe the power would be amazing enuff...

maintenence expensive as in parts break down often or parts are ex? sori abt the noob questions [confused]

Nothing to be apologetic abt bro, we are all here to learn and share. [thumbsup] anyways, maintenance cost more than ur typical rides because FI cars typically have a oil change interval of 5k km as compared to 10k for the NA variant. Besides, other than engine oil, there are other fluids like ATF and gearbox oil. Some nitty gritty stuff abt this ride: the power steering starts to give way around 40k mark n the stock radiator tends to crack around 60k km mark. Other than that, its quite ok. For me, I prefer this haweye look the most. No offence to SGT owners, but i felt the SGT took a step back w the 2p1p brakes and the plastic manifold, although the interior is a notch up. The new Rex/SGT/STI also lost the frameless door which i tot was synonymous with Subaru. Anyways, i heard that the SGTs will be discontinued, and that the STI A-line (5speed auto STI) will be in. [flowerface]

Neutral Newbie

buy buy buy

u sure have lots of advise up there.

but dont forget if u really gonna get a pre owned auto rex ask the dealer to get STA evaluation to determine the condition of the car physically.

buy buy buy

Neutral Newbie

Go for it!

It a steal with curent low pricing for resale WRX. [thumbsup]

You cant find car with 250 horse with this price.

Very shiok to drive. You can feel the pull . 4 wheel drive

Tons of aftermarket parts ( cheap resale performance parts). Small investment with big hp gain

High insurance premium for sure. [thumbsdown]

Constant boost get only 8km/l. Normal driving 10km/l

People said is Ah Beng Car.

Nothing to be apologetic abt bro, we are all here to learn and share. [thumbsup] anyways, maintenance cost more than ur typical rides because FI cars typically have a oil change interval of 5k km as compared to 10k for the NA variant. Besides, other than engine oil, there are other fluids like ATF and gearbox oil. Some nitty gritty stuff abt this ride: the power steering starts to give way around 40k mark n the stock radiator tends to crack around 60k km mark. Other than that, its quite ok. For me, I prefer this haweye look the most. No offence to SGT owners, but i felt the SGT took a step back w the 2p1p brakes and the plastic manifold, although the interior is a notch up. The new Rex/SGT/STI also lost the frameless door which i tot was synonymous with Subaru. Anyways, i heard that the SGTs will be discontinued, and that the STI A-line (5speed auto STI) will be in. [flowerface]

i love the hawk eye too.

thanks for the information.

btw, if driven gently, must FI cars like WRX still go for 5k km servicing?

what about soft turbos like Volvos? do they go for 10k km or 5k km?

wow

think wrx is the 1st car i come across in MCF where so many ppl advice is

BUY BUY BUY! [laugh]

wrx is indeed a fun car to drive.

AWD with so much power on tap.

In my opinion WRX is a good car for pple who wants affordable decent factory rally bred Turbo AWD car, putting aside the insurance costs. So far my MY04 WRX manual served me well for almost a yr. Basic legal mods capped at 300 crank bhp, just nice for SG roads. No need to scare LTA/TP as if you're some normal saloon car which needs illegal engine swap/turbocharging just to gain 300bhp. If you're not into serious modding, to maintain it is almost comparable to a normal car such as engine oil change, gearbox oil change brake pads etc, just have to factor in the 4WD Lsd oil cost. [:)]

[drivingcar] So far mine served me well over 2 years...despite the fact that I drove it more that any other cars I've owned before...

I do quite a bit of NSHW drives too....When U confidently hit KL unda 2 1/2 hrs, u keep coming back...Hahaha!

I didnt do much on upgrades except exhaust and speed delimiter...I'm more into preventive maintenace...

[crazy] Interestingly, the newer S-GT has their brakes downgraded by FHI eventhough having similar specs...

If u could find a good 2nd hand specimen, it would be a decent platform for u to build on...

Sometimes,the itch of upgrades just wouldnt go away...... [thumbsup]

Eh bro i'll be making my virgin trip up to KL next weekend to burn some carbon for my stock atrex.

Any issues with overheating?

How about FC?

Constant speed of 120km/h takes how long to reach KL?

Hehe can't sleep lately,too excited!

haha...reminds me of the time when i visited the air base...heard the F16 fighter jet at least 5 seconds before catching a fleeting glance of it screaming across my face

btw stock rex wif stock exhaust should not be so loud right? the rumbling ones are those with exhaust pipes the diameter of a honeydew melon ya? [laugh]

imo, if you want a rex, better make it LOUD! make your neighbours hate you

imo, if you want a rex, better make it LOUD! make your neighbours hate you

dun like that leh bro

singarpore already the most crowded country in the world

no one should hate anyone [flowerface]

dun like that leh bro

singarpore already the most crowded country in the world

no one should hate anyone [flowerface]

Bro..Whyeme...go for it man!!!!!GO...Go..

Myself is a JDM WRX 2.0A driver. Had my ride for almost 1.5 years now.

Nothing to shout about almost 95% stock....changes done are as follow:

Turbo timer

HKS Legamax Exhaust plus inspection.

Installed STRI gauges (Boost, Temperature & Pressure)

Front, Back under carriage strut bars.

ATF cooler.

Had done first 1600, 5000 & 10000km servicing. Next 20000Km is coming up soon.

So far so good touch wood. Had served me well over the past many months.

Good and fun car to drive. Getting out about 10kml with normal driving. But once in a blue moon

I heavy footed a bit to voom voom. [thumbsup]

Insurance as stated by some bros in here is on the high side..but who cares!!!

Next will be to enhance the brake system. Tyres so far so good..no wear and tear yet. [bounce1]

This is my ride as below...

post-29832-1241052325_thumb.jpg

Eh bro i'll be making my virgin trip up to KL next weekend to burn some carbon for my stock atrex.

Any issues with overheating?

How about FC?

Constant speed of 120km/h takes how long to reach KL?

Hehe can't sleep lately,too excited!

Yo Bro Terence ...are you going on this weekend (Labour Day) or next weekend (Vesak Day)?

How many cars going up? If next weekend I could join force with you [thumbsup]

post-29832-1241052684_thumb.jpg