Moon Landing - 40th anniversary

Leepee

I find it WEIRD that so much coincidence that those tapes cannot be found and it will only adds fire to the speculation that moon landing was indeed a fake.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090716/ap_on_..._sci_moon_video

Nafzger said a huge search that began three years ago for the old moon tapes led to the "inescapable conclusion" that 45 tapes of Apollo 11 video were erased and reused

"It's surprising to me that NASA didn't have the common sense to save perhaps the most important historical footage of the 20th century," said Rice University historian and author Douglas Brinkley. He noted that NASA saved all sorts of data and artifacts from Apollo 11, and it is "mind-boggling that the tapes just disappeared."

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

↡ Advertisement

I find it WEIRD that so much coincidence that those tapes cannot be found and it will only adds fire to the speculation that moon landing was indeed a fake.

Nafzger said a huge search that began three years ago for the old moon tapes led to the "inescapable conclusion" that 45 tapes of Apollo 11 video were erased and reused

"It's surprising to me that NASA didn't have the common sense to save perhaps the most important historical footage of the 20th century," said Rice University historian and author Douglas Brinkley. He noted that NASA saved all sorts of data and artifacts from Apollo 11, and it is "mind-boggling that the tapes just disappeared."

it is fake to deal a crushing blow on the ussr and to make sure kennedy's dream comes true... at all cost in one way or another. lol

Turbocharged

I have 2 questions regarding the landing of moon in 1969.

1. The navigation needs to be extremely precise and can be very computer-intensive. PC-XT (with floppy disk, small RAM and no harddisk) was

only invented in 1980s. To achieve computation powess of today's Pentium probably needed many mainframe computers occupying the size of a football field (in 1969). How come the space shuttle was so small in size? What instruments did they use to communicate with the base station and navigate the journey to-and-fro moon?

2. A successful attempt would have prompted more trips to the moon after 1969. How come nobody was sent to the moon for a second time in 40 years?

1. The navigation needs to be extremely precise and can be very computer-intensive. PC-XT (with floppy disk, small RAM and no harddisk) was

only invented in 1980s. To achieve computation powess of today's Pentium probably needed many mainframe computers occupying the size of a football field (in 1969). How come the space shuttle was so small in size? What instruments did they use to communicate with the base station and navigate the journey to-and-fro moon?

2. A successful attempt would have prompted more trips to the moon after 1969. How come nobody was sent to the moon for a second time in 40 years?

1. They might be using manual landing after surveying the landing site.

2. Since USA is alrdy the first to do it, the 2nd one who does it will not have anything special. Its more commercially viable to test & develop the prowess in the area of satellite maintenance/launching/manufacturing.

Yes, I am one of the skeptics who subscribe to the "hoax" conspiracy. Reasons?

Moon landing occurred some 40 years ago. The technology then was not more than our digital watch technology, and 40 years on, why is there no more moon landing? (Bearing in mind the expansionist mentality of the USA).

Weird isn't it? Shdn't they quickly follow-up and chopped the moon - first come first serve mah?

There are many skeptics, just google and the many articles and proofs will be shown.

I stand corrected.

it is fake to deal a crushing blow on the ussr and to make sure kennedy's dream comes true... at all cost in one way or another. lol

You ought to google more...

Apollo astronauts brought back 800 pounds of moon rock which are open for worldwide researchers and scientists to borrow for research purpose. Wait... it could a hoax, those rock could be made-in-USA.

Recent moon observatory vehicle is closing by and managed to find Apollo 15 landing ground and tracks. Oh wait... could be photoshop too.

(edited)

1. Discrete control was not popular that time.

2. It's all about cost. Do you know how much US had spent on this whole moon-exploring and landing episode?

Edited by Weihui

Supercharged

Bro....according to history, they did send more missions to the moon after Apollo 11. The more popular one is of course Apollo 13 where the astronauts nearly failed to come back from space. But apollo 14 was a success and they landed more people on the moon after.

Whether are all the Apollo 12, 13, 14, etc...are hoax or not, i dunno.

1. Space shuttle is not small. And it was not used for moon landing. The moon landings were done during the rocket days. Space shuttle just orbits earth so far.

2. There were many moon landings - not just 1, not just Neil Armstrong's first attempt. There were 6 moon landings altogether. Each one costs gazilions of money... and after spending so much, it did not seem economically viable to continue going there. Space flights have been getting more and more expensive as years go by (unlike personal computers which become smaller and cheaper) - so unless there is a solid purpose to go back to the moon, I believe the cost may not justify it. Also - there is a political angle to all these missions - depends on the president of USA in power at the time, whether he want to stake his future in moonshots, whilst fighting several wars on earth as well as a humongous financial disaster all at the sametime.

Neutral Newbie

All these conspiracy theories insults all the people who worked so hard to bring these astronauts there and back. No easy feat during those days.

It is strange that there is so much evidence to suggest the moon landing happened and yet these people strongly suggest otherwise.

One of Mythbusters episodes which debunked the notion that NASA never landed on the moon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MythBusters_(...Moon_Landing.22

Another school of thought says the 9-11 was secretly orchestrated by elements within the United States government. The collapse of the World Trade Center was the result of a controlled demolition. The world will be a boring place without these wackos!

Turbocharged

it seems that china like to make small fake things whereas USA makes huge fake projects... [sly] [sly]

anyway i believe they are real lah... such as moon landing, 911 (conspiracy theories that the US govt plan the attacks themselves so they have the excuses to whack afganistan and iraq), aliens, etc...

(edited)

1) Back dan they probably selected quite a few possible landing sites to land. Communications is not always thru comms. I dunno whether you had watch the movie Apollo 13.

2) The answer is simple. There's nothing on the moon. Why go to the moon so many times when you can't make a lot of money out of it but spend a ton of money on the project?

Edited by Watwheels

Neutral Newbie

1) Back dan they probably selected quite a few possible landing sites to land. Communications is not always thru comms. I dunno whether you had watch the movie Apollo 13.

2) The answer is simple. There's nothing on the moon. Why go to the moon so many times when you can't make a lot of money out of it but spend a ton of money on the project?

2)On the contrary, there was a total of 6 lunar landings. In total, twenty-four American astronauts have traveled to the Moon, with twelve walking on its surface and three making the trip twice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_moon_landings

Neutral Newbie

Gee I think the moon landings were not a hoax. The navigational aids nowadays are an aid, but the experienced astronaut could probably do the same landings though it may be riskier and maybe not so accurate.

Well I guess it's the same as the landing beacons etc on airports these days. Without them pilots could still land rt? Without reverse sensors still can park rt? :)

Turbocharged
(edited)

Folks, please forgive me for turning so skeptical. Recent occurrences of events really have an adverse impact on my faith in the honesty of mankind:

1. NKF saga.

2. Monk misappropriating hard-earned money from poor donors to satisfy personal indulgence.

3. Subprime issue. People splurging on non-existent money.

4. DBS high notes, Lehman Brothers

Edited by Albeniz

if we go by the old colonial practice, whoever plant flag means its their territory, so guess the moon now "belongs" to Uncle Sam. so once they choap already no point for USSR to spend money to go to the moon.

while their equipment may look very simple by today's standards, guess it still got the job done for them back then. look at the early naval explorers, they still managed to navigate across oceans with techniques which we would find grossly outdated now.

think the Chinese say they are planning moon trip also right ? so if the moon landing was fake, NASA had better do a "real" one and plant a flag there before the Chinese get there :D

but seriously, with so many people involved, think its not likely that the conspiracy can hold up for so long.

just my 2c...

↡ Advertisement