Mikeyeo Clutched September 23, 2009 Share September 23, 2009 Hi members, just wonder if any of you have tried this engine oil 'Speedmaster' from Japan. Having been using the common brands of fully synthetic engine oil, I chanced upon this brand. Though this engine oil has been widely known and used in many countries, it's relatively unknown in Singapore. After doing some researches on the product details, epecs, etc, I decided to try out this product to compare it's quality with other brands that I had used. As all workshops that I enquired do not know of this particular engine oil, I eventually trace it to an auto service workshop at NorthLink Building Admiralty St in Woodland who is the only authorised distributor. I contacted the boss and we spoke at length on this 'Speedmaster' engine oil. Though I live in the eastern end of Singapore, I drove all the way to his workshop to have my engine oil changed to the 'Speedmaster' including servicing as the latter was also due. Though it costs S$150.00 for 4L which is very much more costly than other branded fully synthetic engine oil, I didn't mind it. Being a very sensitive driver and one who enjoy driving, I would try out a product as it's only from trying that I would know how good or bad is the product. Also, I would not compromise on the cost of an engine oil if it could deliver better performance, smoothness and quietness to the engine. I'm sure that to some vehicle owners mindset, an engine oil is afterall still an engine regardless of the brand and the main deciding factor is the cost. The workshop boss and his team of technical personnels are very friendly and experienced. Though the 'Speedmaster' produces different grades of engine oil, I requested for the same SAE oil that I often used for other brands to have an impartial comparison. After the servicing was completed, I turned on my car's ignition and the first thing that I noted was the smoothness and quietness of my engine even with the bonnet open. I then took my car for a 'spin' with the workshop boss sat next to me and was delighted with the smoothness and quietness of my engine. Responsiveness on the acceleration was further enhanced as compared with the previous oil that I used. Now that I've found a new engine oil that I like and being hooked to it, I'll continue using this brand for every servicing. My purpose of posting this new product is to share with forum members on the characteristics of this oil, performance and resultant. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rb26dett Clutched September 23, 2009 Share September 23, 2009 so what engine oil did u previously used compared to this $150/4L oil ? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Remus383 Neutral Newbie September 23, 2009 Share September 23, 2009 that's quite costly...but sounds like really good.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shorty Turbocharged September 23, 2009 Share September 23, 2009 i tink all engine oil when jus changed...ur engine wil b smooth. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Msimax Neutral Newbie September 23, 2009 Share September 23, 2009 looks like cheap recycled oil?? will spoil engine one a not? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tigershark1976 Turbocharged September 23, 2009 Share September 23, 2009 there are many good /performance/ branded engine oil at a cheaper price. Why take the risk with such unknown brand? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mikeyeo Clutched September 23, 2009 Author Share September 23, 2009 so what engine oil did u previously used compared to this $150/4L oil ? I was using OWS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mikeyeo Clutched September 23, 2009 Author Share September 23, 2009 there are many good /performance/ branded engine oil at a cheaper price. Why take the risk with such unknown brand? As mentioned in my posting, though this brand is rather unknown in Singapore but it is widely use in other countries. Furthermore, I don't see it as taking a risk cos' it's also being use in Malaysia. Though a member has mentioned that a vehicle is general smooth after an oil change, I am comparing at the point of oil change and thereafter. I am one that do not believe in just using commonly used brands. Even some of my aftermarket parts in my car which are not available in Singapore were airfreighted in from auto parts manufacturers in America and other countries. I made very thorough research of the products and corresponding with the respective manufacturers via emails to be convinced that the product and devices work. But before buying, I will get the manufacturers undertaking on full refund including return airfreight charges in writing if the products are found to be ineffective. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jamesc Hypersonic September 23, 2009 Share September 23, 2009 As mentioned in my posting, though this brand is rather unknown in Singapore but it is widely use in other countries. Furthermore, I don't see it as taking a risk cos' it's also being use in Malaysia. Though a member has mentioned that a vehicle is general smooth after an oil change, I am comparing at the point of oil change and thereafter. I am one that do not believe in just using commonly used brands. Even some of my aftermarket parts in my car which are not available in Singapore were airfreighted in from auto parts manufacturers in America and other countries. I made very thorough research of the products and corresponding with the respective manufacturers via emails to be convinced that the product and devices work. But before buying, I will get the manufacturers undertaking on full refund including return airfreight charges in writing if the products are found to be ineffective. Hi Mike Thanks for sharing your experience. I also like to do research on products before buying but I cannot find any reference to OWS. Did you do any research on OWS? Is this a local company? Thanks James Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ultramega 1st Gear September 23, 2009 Share September 23, 2009 (edited) Hi Mike Thanks for sharing your experience. I also like to do research on products before buying but I cannot find any reference to OWS. Did you do any research on OWS? Is this a local company? Thanks James cannot find? sure bo? type ows into goggle and u get more than 2 million results. the first result is the official site. did u even search? http://www.ows-germany.com/ Edited September 23, 2009 by Ultramega Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jamesc Hypersonic September 23, 2009 Share September 23, 2009 Thank bro, u have been a lot help. U are just like the genius in yr post! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hermitage 1st Gear September 23, 2009 Share September 23, 2009 Actually Speedmaster is quite a reknowned brand, I've used their engine oil additive before (no effect - tio pian!) and have also noticed their brand of octane booster (very ex!) for sale at Autobacs. Dunno about the engine oil itself but I'm guessing that it's expensive only because the distributor doesn't carry this item in bulk, and hence cannot obtain the discounts usually associated with volume. I'm an esther based oil fan so for me, it's either Motul or Redline FOR LIFE!! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Edmokh Neutral Newbie September 23, 2009 Share September 23, 2009 Actually Speedmaster is quite a reknowned brand, I've used their engine oil additive before (no effect - tio pian!) and have also noticed their brand of octane booster (very ex!) for sale at Autobacs. Dunno about the engine oil itself but I'm guessing that it's expensive only because the distributor doesn't carry this item in bulk, and hence cannot obtain the discounts usually associated with volume. I'm an esther based oil fan so for me, it's either Motul or Redline FOR LIFE!! Yea... so am I. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Subutai 3rd Gear September 23, 2009 Share September 23, 2009 I cannot find a link on this SPEEDMASTER OIL, can TS provide since it was mentioned that some form of research was done? Thank you in advance. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
L_club23 4th Gear September 23, 2009 Share September 23, 2009 I just use what the manual recommends... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zniper 2nd Gear September 23, 2009 Share September 23, 2009 I was using OWS tot OWS is gd....?? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hairfactor Neutral Newbie September 23, 2009 Share September 23, 2009 Actually Speedmaster is quite a reknowned brand, I've used their engine oil additive before (no effect - tio pian!) and have also noticed their brand of octane booster (very ex!) for sale at Autobacs. Dunno about the engine oil itself but I'm guessing that it's expensive only because the distributor doesn't carry this item in bulk, and hence cannot obtain the discounts usually associated with volume. I'm an esther based oil fan so for me, it's either Motul or Redline FOR LIFE!! ya... esther based oil is wonderful.... love it..... amsoil SSO oso v gd... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Darkblue 1st Gear September 23, 2009 Share September 23, 2009 (edited) Well... I am finding it strange with OWS oil, well... people may say don't be stuck with branding & marketing (Mobil, Amsoil..etc) but OWS oil is really not cheap... in fact, if you google with all the result show OWS Germany there is in fact very little information about this engine oil or feedback in europe. Germany ? I don't think many drivers who goes to "THE RING in Germany" knows about OWS oil. Speedmaster, KIC... blah blah blah... all these costly oils ? $100+ leh.. Forget it... IMO... Amsoil, Mobil EP, Schaeffer, are some the best oil + brand that money can buy, plus guru Genie47 also mentioned about GF-4 grade oils being the oil standard for oil. If you know where to look... very popular in MCF. 4L for $60. WHAT A BARGAIN ! Edited September 23, 2009 by Darkblue ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
ICE ICE baby - Internal Combustion Engine Only Chat
ICE ICE baby - Internal Combustion Engine Only Chat
Engine Mounting
Engine Mounting
Direct Injection Engine - Intake Valve Cleaning
Direct Injection Engine - Intake Valve Cleaning
Mercedes Benz's Engine Downsizing Strategy
Mercedes Benz's Engine Downsizing Strategy
Can buy this new engine oil in Giant? $17.90
Can buy this new engine oil in Giant? $17.90
Come on in if you are into cheap engine oils...
Come on in if you are into cheap engine oils...
SCHNELL Engine Oil 5W40
SCHNELL Engine Oil 5W40