Exercising without a gym

Sofarsogood

Neutral Newbie

Chickenbackside! Where art thou?

I've also another big problem. Always feeling hungry ever since I cut down carbo. At least that what I think my stomach is feeling. Is it my body adjusting? [pirate]

↡ Advertisement

Chickenbackside! Where art thou?

I've also another big problem. Always feeling hungry ever since I cut down carbo. At least that what I think my stomach is feeling. Is it my body adjusting? [pirate]

always feeling hungry because not eating enough fat and protein. This diet is not cheap...i used to follow it and spent around $600 on food monthly. If hungry, just put a fatty beefsteak on the grill, ready to eat in mere minutes.

If im not wrong, most ppl give it up because of cost issues...it's easily triple what the ordinary carbo-guzzling folk spends on food.

Neutral Newbie

always feeling hungry because not eating enough fat and protein. This diet is not cheap...i used to follow it and spent around $600 on food monthly. If hungry, just put a fatty beefsteak on the grill, ready to eat in mere minutes.

If im not wrong, most ppl give it up because of cost issues...it's easily triple what the ordinary carbo-guzzling folk spends on food.

So did it work for you? Keen to know what kind of results and feedback from other people who tried this low carb, more fats n protein diet.

I mean losing pounds, getting slim and looking good is one thing, but health and fitness are more important [blush]

Edited by Topgun

So did it work for you? Keen to know what kind of results and feedback from other people who tried this low carb, more fats n protein diet.

I mean losing pounds, getting slim and looking good is one thing, but health and fitness are more important [blush]

yes it worked, i lost a couple of kilos in quick time, but i had to give it up, as it was really expensive, totally unnatural to my taste buds, and most imptly, i couldn't give up beer LOL

Now i eat everything i want, but i exercise a hell lot....so i end up looking like a slightly fatter version of Brock Lesnar lol

take note, this diet will make u lose weight, as in, u will end up looking slim and lithe....not muscular....so u will end up looking smaller hehe

Neutral Newbie

It's hard. My wife keeps pushing her rice to me when we eat together. Toughest when weekends cos eating with family. Of course I do enjoy my mee pok, kaya toast, nasi briyani, prata... [bigcry] It's been only a week, but have now cut almost all carbs from my meals these few days (I think some will still sneak in like from a single banana, veg and my dose of caffeine everyday - can't cut that!).

As I said earlier, I would like to get the slim waist, sinewy muscular defined look of Bruce Lee [laugh]

Hmmmm....

for those who want to lose weight - 20 min a day is more than enough. HIIT burpies, tabata air squats. see if you can tahan it for more than 5 min at a go.

diet is also impt....i exercise A LOT....2.4km jog, 30 min swim, 30 brisk walk almost DAILY....and i've been gaining average 1.2kg a year LOL

because i love all the unhealthy high carb food and i drink around 6 can of beer daily. How to lose weight? Haiz....

So the diet is a big role too....

As I said earlier, I would like to get the slim waist, sinewy muscular defined look of Bruce Lee [laugh]

yes, if u want that kind of look, the high protein, low carbo diet is the way to go.

For me, not only was it hard, i also looked weird, because i've a naturally Mesomorphic body....meaning the stocky chunky type....haiz, now i couldn't care less, as long as i'm fit, strong and healthy, a little big on size also can't be helped lah LOL

I am into cardiovascular rather than weight lifting. My focus is to go for high intensity rather than endurance as I don't have the time to jog long distance. My regime is to jog at 80% to 90% of max heart rate intensity for 3km. The next 1km will venture into the red zone at 110% max heart rate follow by an 1km of cooling down phase at 50% to 70%.

when I just started out I did lose about 10kg as I exercise at a lower heart rate. As my stamina improves, I push myself further and my current regime is basically to build up strength and power. I did not lose much weight exercising at this level of high intensity.

The risk of going for a low carb diet is the uric acid build up which may subsequently cause gout. It happens to me.

Chickenbackside, so what food can be taken? curry? rendang? all types of meat, as long not deep fried? organic stuff?

I would eat curry and rendang everyday IF I could cook it myself. But since I don't know how to cook delicious curry or rendang, I would eat them ones available outside once in a while.

The reason is because hawkers would no doubt use hydrogenated vegetable oils (like soyabean oil, canola oil...etc) to cook them as they are financially viable (cheap). Hydrogented cooking oils contain artificial trans fats, which is bad news for the human body. The have been linked to cell mutation (cancer) which I'm sure everyone would have heard of by now.

But if you cook it yourself using fresh coconut cream, whole/natural fats like clarified butter or coconut oil, there is absolutely no reason to eat them.

Meat and organs are great. Deep fried is not good following the same reason as above: hydrogenated vegetable oils. Also, deep fried food is usually coated with a layer of flour, and flour as you know is a form of refined carbohydrate. It goes straight to your waistline. However, if you deep fry your own meat using naturally occurring fats, I'd eat some in moderation.

As for organic stuff, I don't buy everything organic. Sometimes it's a waste of time.

For example, if you don't eat the skin of an apple, it is quite pointless to buy organic apples as the "natural" pesticides used to grow the organic apples are found on the skin.

However, I definitely buy "organic" butter as the cows from which the dairy come from are not injected with any growth hormones or antibiotics.

I also buy a lot of raw, organic nuts at NTUC under the brand "Origins Health Food"

diet is also impt....i exercise A LOT....2.4km jog, 30 min swim, 30 brisk walk almost DAILY....and i've been gaining average 1.2kg a year LOL

because i love all the unhealthy high carb food and i drink around 6 can of beer daily. How to lose weight? Haiz....

So the diet is a big role too....

bro - a brock leshnar body is also damn impressive lor. keep up the beer!

bro - a brock leshnar body is also damn impressive lor. keep up the beer!

please lor, with the clothes on, i just look fat lor....whole body like a giant H shape walking around.

I look just big and chunky....definitely not a very popular shape LOL

I'm still struggling with breakfast low carbs. Have been eating eggs (only) and today ordered chicken drumstick. Also taken kway chap without the kway chap. For breakfast!

I'm also worried about the roast pork, bbq chicken, steaks etc, are these really 'healthy' to be eaten everyday? From this thread and some reading, it's not to take bigger portion of protein to replace the carbs, but actually to take more fats. Am I correct, CBS? I really worry about taking too much cream and butter, egg yolks (cholesterol) etc. For dinner, I've been taking just a spoonful of rice, and tonight skipping rice altogether [:)]

What about fruits like bananas?

[:p]

What is your problem with low carbs? Are you not feeling full or are you finding it difficult to find things to eat?

For the past year, I have been eating roast pork belly, chicken, steak...etc on a daily basis PLUS lots and lots of butter, cream, coconut cream, raw triple fat cheeses, eggs. I took a blood test recently as my doctor almost fainted when I told him what I have been eating, DESPITE how I look. He was sure I am going to fail all the health markers and lipid profiles.

Guess what? He almost fainted cos he has never seen this type of improvement in his whole medical career. Not only was I not obese anymore, I no longer had high blood pressure, my cholesterol is perfect (I tested specifically for Type A and B LDL's), my kidney and liver function is back to normal, my triglycerides are perfect...

He couldn't believe it. I sent him some material to study. He hasn't got back to me but I have no doubt if he studies the science, he would have no choice but to see the truth.

My parents and friends who tried this way of eating experienced the same blood test results. They are no longer diabetic and are off insulin. Not to mention they look and feel a lot better.

Or maybe we're all aliens from outer space.

Regarding fruits, I eat only blue/rasp/black berries (12 berries per serve). Bananas are full of sugar, which is guaranteed to spike your insulin level. So if you really love them, just eat one occasionally.

Push up is a great way to exercise the upper parts. Different push up postures target different area. I manage to build-up my chest, shoulder and triceps by doing push up.

I haven't try this.

What is your problem with low carbs? Are you not feeling full or are you finding it difficult to find things to eat?

For the past year, I have been eating roast pork belly, chicken, steak...etc on a daily basis PLUS lots and lots of butter, cream, coconut cream, raw triple fat cheeses, eggs. I took a blood test recently as my doctor almost fainted when I told him what I have been eating, DESPITE how I look. He was sure I am going to fail all the health markers and lipid profiles.

Guess what? He almost fainted cos he has never seen this type of improvement in his whole medical career. Not only was I not obese anymore, I no longer had high blood pressure, my cholesterol is perfect (I tested specifically for Type A and B LDL's), my kidney and liver function is back to normal, my triglycerides are perfect...

He couldn't believe it. I sent him some material to study. He hasn't got back to me but I have no doubt if he studies the science, he would have no choice but to see the truth.

My parents and friends who tried this way of eating experienced the same blood test results. They are no longer diabetic and are off insulin. Not to mention they look and feel a lot better.

Or maybe we're all aliens from outer space.

Regarding fruits, I eat only blue/rasp/black berries (12 berries per serve). Bananas are full of sugar, which is guaranteed to spike your insulin level. So if you really love them, just eat one occasionally.

I've tried your diet and i know how it works and i'm totally supportive of it....

however, i also see why it can fail with people like me....we're simply not brought up to eat like this, and we have our own individual weaknesses...like how i can't give up my 6 beer a day habit.....

It aint easy....so for those who can't do it, i guess relentless exercise is the way to go...luckily i love exercise, or else surely become a mega fattie by now LOL

Skunk is right. If you're not feeling full, it means you're not eating enough fats. I guarantee you will not be able to eat much and feel full for a looong time after if you get your fat ratio up.

Yes, it can get expensive too, especially if you are buying lots of grass fed or free range meats.

Carbs are easily available cos they are cheap. Food companies know that. It's been measured in a research that refined carbohydrates are 4 times more addictive than cocaine. What better way to create a gold mine? Cheap raw materials, big returns.

It's hard. My wife keeps pushing her rice to me when we eat together. Toughest when weekends cos eating with family. Of course I do enjoy my mee pok, kaya toast, nasi briyani, prata... [bigcry] It's been only a week, but have now cut almost all carbs from my meals these few days (I think some will still sneak in like from a single banana, veg and my dose of caffeine everyday - can't cut that!).

Hmmmm....

I suffered from the same problems at first... UNTIL I convinced her to try, then she lost 10 kg effortlessly and is looking the best she has ever looked in her life, and now, no issues.

Getting the slim waist, no problem on the diet. You want the body proportion of Bruce Lee, you gotta train the right muscles to grow. No need gym, just do body weight exercises like pull ups, push ups, planks, burpees, mountain climbers...etc. By the time you can do 30 pull ups and 100 push ups consecutively, you should be close to the look.

But again, no use if you don't watch what you eat.

Don't worry about the odd banana. Veges are fine. Coffee is totally ok as long as there is no sugar involved.

Push up is a great way to exercise the upper parts. Different push up postures target different area. I manage to build-up my chest, shoulder and triceps by doing push up.

I haven't try this.

Totally agree!

Add pull ups and it would be even more complete by getting the lats and biceps involved.

↡ Advertisement