Jump to content

Exercising without a gym


Sofarsogood
 Share

Recommended Posts

hey chickenbackside,

 

just a question..

 

supposing we're on a non carb day.. and then lan lan have to go out for a family/company dinner(japanese style) which encompasses rice and all those other carbs..

 

would that suddenly throw the whole diet off balance since only sat and sun are the carb loading days?

 

thanks!

Honestly, I think the "damage" is more psychological rather than physiological. As long as you eat well most of the time, it shouldn't matter much.

 

For me, if I throw my diet out the window today, I don't worry about it. I simply make it up the next day by fasting and eating well the rest of the week. I went on an eating spree (numerous really rich buffets) in December and put on 7kg by 31st Dec. Today, I'm back to my pre-binge weight by simply eating as I should in the 1st nine days of January.

 

That's why I love the high fat way of eating. It's easy to lose weight and maintain cos I never feel hungry even when cutting down. Well, at least it works for me...

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I think the "damage" is more psychological rather than physiological. As long as you eat well most of the time, it shouldn't matter much.

 

For me, if I throw my diet out the window today, I don't worry about it. I simply make it up the next day by fasting and eating well the rest of the week. I went on an eating spree (numerous really rich buffets) in December and put on 7kg by 31st Dec. Today, I'm back to my pre-binge weight by simply eating as I should in the 1st nine days of January.

 

That's why I love the high fat way of eating. It's easy to lose weight and maintain cos I never feel hungry even when cutting down. Well, at least it works for me...

 

 

oooh i see, hahaha thanks! really useful advice from you in this thread [thumbsup]

Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason is because hawkers would no doubt use hydrogenated vegetable oils (like soyabean oil, canola oil...etc) to cook them as they are financially viable (cheap). Hydrogented cooking oils contain artificial trans fats, which is bad news for the human body. The have been linked to cell mutation (cancer) which I'm sure everyone would have heard of by now.

 

But if they use the oil to cook the meat normally and not deep frying the meat, the oil should remain healthy, thus the curry and rendang should be safe for consumption? Most oils sold nowadays are trans fat free, based on my observations in the supermarkets. You can buy those Prima pre-pack curry and rendang to cook at home. They're quite tasty.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of what is stated on the label of vegetable oils, as long as they contain the words "hydrogenated vegetable oil", "partially hydrogenated vegetable oil", "vegetable shortening" or "margarine", it has BAD trans fats.

 

The food industry lobbied the US government and was successful in getting permission to:

 

"Under FDA regulations, "if the serving contains less than 0.5 gram [of trans fat], the content, when declared, shall be expressed as zero."

 

Read that statement again and realise how much trans fat is in "trans fat free" products! If a serving of a food that has trans fat is 5 grams, you can be sure that it contains 10% trans fats if they contain the words I mentioned. It's legal murder.

 

Note that there is no percentage for trans fat in the "% Daily Value" column. There is just a blank space. The FDA had previously proposed to put an asterisk in the % Daily Value column with a note that "intake of trans fats should be as low as possible." However, in response to food industry pressure, the warning has been dropped.

 

How something doesn't kill you immediately has nothing to do with its ability to kill you eventually.

Edited by Chickenbackside
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

CBS, something's not right? It's been 12 days already. My weight is the same and looking at myself in the morror, doesn't seem to have lost anything :huh: I'm always feeling hungry, maybe hungry is not the right word, but it's a funny feeling in the stomach. Don't know how to describe it.

 

Maybe some carbo is still sneaking in? [confused] I really can't think of what. I only have a cup of coffee (normal) in the morning. And if I run, and that's at least 4x a week, I drink 100 plus before and after for salts replacement. I've definitely cut out the rice and noodles, bread. No bananas even. [smallcry]

 

What do you think?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jacob's diet is great but there is a risk that you are overworking your liver and kidneys due to the high protein intake. So you might lose weight but overdoing it might result in other problems like liver and kidney problems which is as bad as high blood pressure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

CBS, something's not right? It's been 12 days already. My weight is the same and looking at myself in the morror, doesn't seem to have lost anything :huh: I'm always feeling hungry, maybe hungry is not the right word, but it's a funny feeling in the stomach. Don't know how to describe it.

 

Maybe some carbo is still sneaking in? [confused] I really can't think of what. I only have a cup of coffee (normal) in the morning. And if I run, and that's at least 4x a week, I drink 100 plus before and after for salts replacement. I've definitely cut out the rice and noodles, bread. No bananas even. [smallcry]

 

What do you think?

100.jpg

 

 

Cut the 100 plus. There is virtually nothing in there but carbs. One serve contains 22 grams of carbs, and ALL 22 grams of it are sugar. Zero fibre means ALL the sugar has to be processed. Huge insulin spike. I mentioned, unless you're training at very high levels of exertion for long periods (like olympic athletes), it's really unlikely that you need to so much sugar.

 

You gotta be honest about how much sugar/carbs you're allowing into your diet. You gotta make sure your macronutrient ratio is setting a hormonal response for your body to burn fat.

 

Hungry means your fat, NOT PROTEIN, is not sufficient. Don't make the mistake of lumping protein and fat together. For example, if I eat chicken, I will definitely supplement with lots of butter. Chicken is pretty lean protein. It's the fat that is good for health AND makes you full for a long time.

 

Conceptually, big insulin spikes cause your body to store fat. When you eat carbs, especially grains and flour based products like noodles and pasta, your body WILL NOT be in weight loss mode.

 

 

Remember these concepts:

 

1) Fat loss is a HORMONAL activity. It means your body is not a furnace. 10 grams of mee pok does not get processed the same way as 10 grams of butter. Those who argue that all you need to do is cut calories have to go read up on their biochemistry.

 

2) You have to tell your body to burn fat by not providing it with sugar.

 

3) Carbs are simply waiting to be turned into sugar by your body. Those who argue complex carbs are better than simple carbs refuse to see the FACT that the only difference between a bowl of oatmeal and a bowl of white sugar is that complex carbs stake a longer time to turn into sugar. At the end, it is still sugar.

 

Having said that, if you are really strict about eliminating grains and all grain based products like noodles, you're almost there. Keep eating your veges, especially dark leafy and cruciferous (broccoli or cauliflower) ones.

 

4) Fat is harmless IN THE ABSENCE of carbohydrates. BUT with carbohydrates, more fat get STORED. Gotta be strict about the carbs. It's the on/off switch to fat burning.

 

Maybe you can list out in detail every single thing you eat, and we can look through the problematic things that may be slowing down your fat loss.

 

Try to take a few seconds to subscribe here: http://dreamweaverradioandtv.com/index.php

 

Watch the videos and try to learn the concepts and science as presented by Dr James Carlson. He may appear over-enthusiastic and frustrated (he is as he's always being attacked by his peers for advocating a high fat/cholesterol and low carb diet). It takes some time to load all the videos but it will be well worth your effort. He makes it pretty easy to understand.

 

As a side note, my dad didn't see much results for about a month. I looked into his diet and told him to cut his oatmeal breakfasts, lots of fruits and heaven & earth green tea that he was still eating, and replace them with eggs, coconut cream, almonds, butter and REAL green tea. Then whoosh, the fat melted off. I'm not saying you're experiencing the same thing, but give it more time, and cheat less.

Edited by Chickenbackside
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the comprehensive response! I have been cheating then. So the 1 kopi a day is bad enuff? So as far as beverage goes it's water, and nuthin else? No, I've not been taking fruits.

 

Guess the culprit is not enuff fats? It's so hard to wrap around that in my head. We've been drilled fats = fats when it's gets into our body! [:(] I've to hide the eating of fats from the family then. [lipsrsealed]

 

Guess it's back to the drawing board.

 

It's going to be xtra hard. I'm visitng Ipoh this weekend. Hmmmm...the chicken hor fun, towgay, yummy yummy! [dizzy]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the comprehensive response! I have been cheating then. So the 1 kopi a day is bad enuff? So as far as beverage goes it's water, and nuthin else? No, I've not been taking fruits.

 

Guess the culprit is not enuff fats? It's so hard to wrap around that in my head. We've been drilled fats = fats when it's gets into our body! [:(] I've to hide the eating of fats from the family then. [lipsrsealed]

 

Guess it's back to the drawing board.

 

It's going to be xtra hard. I'm visitng Ipoh this weekend. Hmmmm...the chicken hor fun, towgay, yummy yummy! [dizzy]

Kopi "o" kosong if at kopi tiam. Evaporated and condensed milk are NOT the best stuff for fat loss.

 

At more high class kopi tiam, latte, cappucino, expresso, americano are fine with full fat milk and no sugar.

 

However, if you're only having 1 kopi a day, I doubt that's the cause. It has to be something else.

 

I just had lunch at lavender food court. I ate:

 

1 x pig organ soup with no pork balls, no lean meat, but with plenty of fatty meat and innards ($3.50)

2 x fatty pork leg (2 x $5)

2 x braised hard boiled eggs ($1)

 

Should've seen the aunty's face when I told her no need rice, only need 1 pair of chopsticks and I want only the fattiest parts. After I ordered, this pretty overweight woman behind me ordered the opposite: 1 white rice, 1 soup with only lean meat.

 

I'm home now having dessert: 1 can of Ayam brand pure coconut cream mixed with 5 teaspoons of ground flaxseed, 5 teaspoons of desiccated coconut, 12 blue berries, 4 raw macadamia nuts, 12 raw almonds and some walnuts.

 

Just a little sample of my food.

Edited by Chickenbackside
Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep the recipes coming CBS, still trying to relate and incorporate to my carbo heavy meals (lunch eat out with colleagues, dinner eat at inlaws). Maybe also can incorporate your recipes with where you source your raw materials like flaxseeds etc

Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep the recipes coming CBS, still trying to relate and incorporate to my carbo heavy meals (lunch eat out with colleagues, dinner eat at inlaws). Maybe also can incorporate your recipes with where you source your raw materials like flaxseeds etc

 

his high-fat diet will only contribute to weight-loss if there's ZERO or near zero carbo in the diet. "Incorporating" it will not work and will make u even fatter instead LOL.

 

TOTALLY cut carbo and replace it with fat, then it will work. I tried it before, it works...but damm expensive ah...u see his lunch bill lor LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Me(super fatboy) read this thread 2 weeks ago and decided to give it a try this no carbs thingy

 

2 weeks ago - 109.8kg

 

Today - 106.5kg

 

Excerise done - 1hr walking of 5km x2, 1hr cycling 20km x1.

 

Breakfast - oven heated chicken franks x2, natural plain yogurt with mixed nuts - almonds, grounded flaxseed, dried rasins, cashews, figs

Lunch - Foodcourt Korean beef or chicken soup without rice - lots of veges, meet, some beancurd and vermicelli(fan si)

Dinner - Chicken tighs, veges, fish. And whatever that is on the table which is not rice/flour made when i eat out.

 

ok...i'm not so into details in food labels like CBS yet.... just cutting out as much carbs and sugar, some weight lost from experimenting 2 weeks...Is this healthy boh?

 

 

 

OMG...the yearn for chicken RICE now...just the RICE...ARGHHHHH!!!!! [bigcry]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Me(super fatboy) read this thread 2 weeks ago and decided to give it a try this no carbs thingy

 

2 weeks ago - 109.8kg

 

Today - 106.5kg

 

Excerise done - 1hr walking of 5km x2, 1hr cycling 20km x1.

 

Breakfast - oven heated chicken franks x2, natural plain yogurt with mixed nuts - almonds, grounded flaxseed, dried rasins, cashews, figs

Lunch - Foodcourt Korean beef or chicken soup without rice - lots of veges, meet, some beancurd and vermicelli(fan si)

Dinner - Chicken tighs, veges, fish. And whatever that is on the table which is not rice/flour made when i eat out.

 

ok...i'm not so into details in food labels like CBS yet.... just cutting out as much carbs and sugar, some weight lost from experimenting 2 weeks...Is this healthy boh?

 

 

 

OMG...the yearn for chicken RICE now...just the RICE...ARGHHHHH!!!!! [bigcry]

 

if u wanna be more extreme, cut the raisins, cashews, figs, vermicelli and vege that has starch in them...vege like brocolli is the best...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

if u wanna be more extreme, cut the raisins, cashews, figs, vermicelli and vege that has starch in them...vege like brocolli is the best...

 

According to CBS, the diet is still not enuff fats. The carbo has been cut and has been replaced by more protein (referring to Ahleon's post). I believe, like me, feel hungry so you tend to eat more often, and stuffing yourself with even more proteins... :o

 

I'm trying to learn lah...for me it's bloody hard, whether eating at home or out [:(]

Edited by Topgun
Link to post
Share on other sites

figs, raisins and cashews (yes, the cashew is not a nut lol) are fruits....contain sugar and carbo.

 

Vermicelli is made of rice. Doesn't look like rice, but it's rice in noodle form lol

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...