Satellite-tracking ERP? Is this for real soon?

Sleepyman

GPS ERP? Dun be surprised, my friend in LTA studying the feasibility of implementation with our ERP unit already OK! give them 5 more years we bang BALLS!

True bro. Lats time my lecturer from LTA also say they will implement such thing in future Every turn into every single road will charge u money. Scary but really make ppl think twice before start the engine, no more drive car out for a spin, drive only when needed, this measure help eliminate unnecessary driving and abusive driving.

GPS ERP? Dun be surprised, my friend in LTA studying the feasibility of implementation with our ERP unit already OK! give them 5 more years we bang BALLS!

If the government implement this, the boss of one local company will be laughing as they don't need to do anything and money will go into their pocket. They just sit there doing nothing else except collecting money from whoever come up with the solution to collect GPS ERP.

GPS reception is not guaranteed in areas of tall buildings, eg Shenton Way. How to charge there? What about tunnels, eg KPE, CTE tunnels? GPS linked charges are good only if reception is guaranteed.

GPS reception is not guaranteed in areas of tall buildings, eg Shenton Way. How to charge there? What about tunnels, eg KPE, CTE tunnels? GPS linked charges are good only if reception is guaranteed.

That's the reason why it is not being implemented yet.... they are still some technical difficulties.... but once they get it sorted out and the technologies allow them to do it....... [rifle][bounce1][wave]

GPS is entirely owned by the US military. The world's complimentary use of GPS signals is dependant on them. The US military have their own code to enable more accurate tracking than that released for civilian use. They (US military) also have a right to switch of the signals in times of war, enabling it only for their own use. That why, some critical industries like aviation and shipping although using GPS as their primary navigation, are still required to have an alternative backup navigation system.

That's also the reason why Russia, the EU and China have their own satelite navigation system. Russia's system is called Glonass, EU's system is called Galileo and China's system is called Beidou Navigation System (fully operational in 2015).

Edited by Flying_genie

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?f...0&sec=focus

Saying goodbye to the car is never an easy thing for Singaporeans, and some would rather abandon the country for another where cars are cheap.

+1

and ill probably take my car along too.

there is only so far they can squeeze the population... even buses and MRT is overcrowding now... 5.1 million and counting...

Edited by AceofproZ

Neutral Newbie

I really hope that they don't. [:(] but I think it is just a question of time.

Our government is investing a lot to improve the transportation system is Singapore by linking up all the mrt lines and having air conditioned bus interchange. They are encouraging us to make us f public transport for sure. I agree with some of the bros that it is a question of time. UK is using it, rite?

and I heard that our govt. is studying on their system too.

Keeping my fingers crossed. I don't want to downgrade to bicycle yet. [bigcry]

Cheers

Ocean

I really hope that they don't. [:(] but I think it is just a question of time.

Our government is investing a lot to improve the transportation system is Singapore by linking up all the mrt lines and having air conditioned bus interchange. They are encouraging us to make us f public transport for sure. I agree with some of the bros that it is a question of time. UK is using it, rite?

and I heard that our govt. is studying on their system too.

Keeping my fingers crossed. I don't want to downgrade to bicycle yet. [bigcry]

Cheers

Ocean

When we reached the stage we are microchipped there is any need for IU, as long as there is road usage either by foot or by bicycle, a portion will be deducted for road usage tax. That's what I see within 60 years time.

But we'll be happy too, because we were told we save on trips to banks and avoid the hassle of carrying any identification/cash/cards/wallet.

Point your finger to the product and it's sold.

Nice [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

Tunnels are non issue. Only one way in (entrance where your vehicle enters), and fixed no of exits out. The satellites will pick you up within seconds you exit.

↡ Advertisement