Tianmo Hypersonic August 26, 2010 Share August 26, 2010 Me too. I got mine from him previously at Teck Whye. Now he got another contact in Woodlands whom I can liaise more conveniently. actually I call him after I saw your other post lah.................so actually you refer me to him, you sld ask him to buy you kopi. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yuan 6th Gear August 26, 2010 Share August 26, 2010 actually I call him after I saw your other post lah.................so actually you refer me to him, you sld ask him to buy you kopi. Mai la.....Small thing. Like that, too many people (including vendors) would be buying me kopi. Hmmmm.....although I don't mind. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
5936 1st Gear August 26, 2010 Share August 26, 2010 Yes, I follow your recommendation to this funny uncle. At first he said $14 without hesistation. when he brought out the box, he raise it to $16. but lowered again to $15, after he said something. All the while I did not bargain or said anything else except for the first question on the price. I will also pay if he stick to $16. Orginal $50+. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
5936 1st Gear August 26, 2010 Share August 26, 2010 Alexandra Village. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
5936 1st Gear August 26, 2010 Share August 26, 2010 For me 10k too soon. I will change after 40K with regular air blowing, every 10K. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
So_nice 6th Gear August 27, 2010 Author Share August 27, 2010 Jalan teck whye to be exact... Can deal in north area and also Hougang... i think Yuen and tianmo also got the filters from him i believe he is good and the prices of his air con filter is around oem price. too bad i lost his contacts as the post in vogs was taken down. can share the contact for future usage? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
So_nice 6th Gear August 27, 2010 Author Share August 27, 2010 For me 10k too soon. I will change after 40K with regular air blowing, every 10K. ic..but wont it gets too dirty? i'm thinking of getting a small air purifier..those wif water one. any cheap and good ones to recommend? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Onghc73 1st Gear August 27, 2010 Share August 27, 2010 bros, can share the exact location & shop name? looking for Toyota Altis Yr'05 Air con filter.... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yuan 6th Gear August 27, 2010 Share August 27, 2010 For me 10k too soon. I will change after 40K with regular air blowing, every 10K. In my opinion, 40k is too long a time to change aircon filter even with regular air blowing. As we are breathing the air into our bodies, I would not mind to change it at 10k or 15k mileage. Health is very important and I do not think changing at such intervals is an overkill. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karebu 1st Gear August 27, 2010 Share August 27, 2010 if you try on air con without filter it is MUCH stronger. so got k&n aircon filter boh? hahah. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladykillerz 4th Gear August 27, 2010 Share August 27, 2010 if you try on air con without filter it is MUCH stronger. so got k&n aircon filter boh? hahah. wait till something smelly arrives, then you SIAM Buay Hu. =P Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
5936 1st Gear August 27, 2010 Share August 27, 2010 I have 2 mire additional air purifier in car. One is Germitrol brand n the other no brand. Just got the maier uber drive air purifier from autob-cs today. Maybe streamline to the just the new unit. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Drivelah Neutral Newbie August 27, 2010 Share August 27, 2010 (edited) I change my aircon filter myself every month. Just take out and replace with new one, either buy from agent or other workshop/internet. Old filter I clean with hepa vacuum cleaner, then put in pail with antibacterial washing powder soak overnite, then rinse, dry in sun, use next month. With no filter, lot of dirt and sweat will deposit on your coil and cause bad odour from aircon after a while. My previous new honda came with no aircon filter and aircon gave out bad smell after a 6months-1year or so. Like this need to go to aircon workshop or agent and ask them take out and wash coil, some agents won't do this(like honda last time, maybe now still), as they are scared cannot reassemble yr dashboard back properly, but some specialist aircon workshop can do it ok. Edited August 27, 2010 by Drivelah Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tianmo Hypersonic August 28, 2010 Share August 28, 2010 air con filter, I think I would not play play, if the coil kohya, than got to spend big $$$ liao.................... no filter means everything goes in..................if you look at the filter after use, than you will wonder what the f@#k has our air become........... I just took out my air con filter to check after 5000km, but when I saw the color against when filter was new, I went up stair, open storeroom, took out the new filter, went down back and got it change......................... the color has turn brown, not yellow but brown................... and that is only 5000km................. also show that the filter is working and at least I get some clean air in the air..... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tianmo Hypersonic August 28, 2010 Share August 28, 2010 5000km I change the air con filter..............overkill or not, I don't care...................as long as I 安心can liao just like the air filter, I check together, wah lau yeh.....same same, the dirt and so all struck and form the 毛liao, also brown, also 5000km only, what the F@#k, I change also, so my engine also get new air, oil also cleaner.................. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yuan 6th Gear August 28, 2010 Share August 28, 2010 5000km I change the air con filter..............overkill or not, I don't care...................as long as I 安心can liao just like the air filter, I check together, wah lau yeh.....same same, the dirt and so all struck and form the 毛liao, also brown, also 5000km only, what the F@#k, I change also, so my engine also get new air, oil also cleaner.................. Did you happen to race in the desert? Actually, in my opinion, change at 10k mileage is good enough. Do it together with the regular servicing. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
So_nice 6th Gear August 28, 2010 Author Share August 28, 2010 how much does an average air purifier cost? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
5936 1st Gear August 28, 2010 Share August 28, 2010 Actually, if AC filter material is PP, and not paper, you can wash it lightly. That is what I did on yearly basis or 20K, and finish it with disinfection solution. But this was before I found the out about supplier for $14-15 dollars filters froom MCF Some AC filter filter cost $50+, if you change every 5K-10K, that could be wast eof $$ and actually, they are still rather clean. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Aircon Cabin Filter
Aircon Cabin Filter
Air Purifier Discussion - tips and info
Air Purifier Discussion - tips and info
Any water dispenser to recommend?
Any water dispenser to recommend?
DIY engine oil change
DIY engine oil change
Recommendation for water filter
Recommendation for water filter
Dyson Zone, the real deal or has April fool's day come early?
Dyson Zone, the real deal or has April fool's day come early?
Replacing fuel filter
Replacing fuel filter
TRD Engine Air Filter
TRD Engine Air Filter