Vextan

Electric Toothbrush

Am thinking of buying one. Is it effective in cleaning ? What brand is good ? How often to change the bristles and anything to take note of ? Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

dun be lazy, later get dementia [laugh]

can buy one to try (<$100), most likely become white elephant [:p]

is just like why one buys a vacuum cleaner rather than use a broom la. [laugh]

I use the Oral B electronic toothbrush, very satisfied with it, which ever brand you buy make sure it got some good motor installed (e.g Braun).

Change bristles about once in 4-5 months...bristles cost about $20(3 pieces) while the toothbrush itself cost around $35

I use the Oral B electronic toothbrush, very satisfied with it, which ever brand you buy make sure it got some good motor installed (e.g Braun).

Change bristles about once in 4-5 months...bristles cost about $20(3 pieces) while the toothbrush itself cost around $35

thanks bro, this is what i want to know. so do i have to change the toothbrush periodically ? the motor is in the toothbrush right ? any particular model of oral B or Braun that is good ? philips ?

↡ Advertisement

my dentist trying to ask me buy one, say $500 le! where u get the $100?

he says is good for lazy people like me who do not brush my teeth for long enough time.... :o

I'm a convert. It cleans much better than normal brushing. the teeth feels much much cleaner especially around the area near the gums where plaque tends to accumulate even with normal brushing.

The replacement brush heads are not cheap though but definitely worth it.

I started with the circular action round brush heads:

flossaction.jpg

now changed to double action heads:

dualclean.jpg

the double action heads feels more like the standard toothbrush because of the larger brush contact area. It cleans better because of the combined circular and up-down action.

Edited by Carpinion

acemundo, i read that a person's health is corelated to one's dental well being, so do look after your mouth ok ? actually, i want to buy it for my 2 yr old daughter, cos she doesnt know how to brush teeth yet, we taught her but she just bite it. so i think of buying one to clean her teeth. but myself also thinking of using one.

Braun is good and lasting. Last one I changed, used for 5 years, not the brush head of course.

Present one is also Braun.

Am thinking of buying one. Is it effective in cleaning ? What brand is good ? How often to change the bristles and anything to take note of ? Thanks.

ok, i am definately buying one. no, two !

i will advise consulting the dentist first if using for a 2 yr old though....their gums may be abit more fragile and may bleed easily. There may be electrical toothbrush just for kids...i'm not sure...uou may want to check [cool]

The lazy part about brushing your teeth is to shift and brush other teeth.

Wa, u all too pamper your kids liao. Ma chiam making them lazy by using all automated equipments.:D My personal take is that it is a matter of teaching. Kids are very intelligent, I'm sure they will learn not to bite the toothbrush in the end!

acemundo, i read that a person's health is corelated to one's dental well being, so do look after your mouth ok ? actually, i want to buy it for my 2 yr old daughter, cos she doesnt know how to brush teeth yet, we taught her but she just bite it. so i think of buying one to clean her teeth. but myself also thinking of using one.

ok i agree with the logic of the statement you read. but i think i am an exception hehe.....my health is very good.

plus i think this dentist a bit yim cheem, last time my other dentist don't give me impression my teeth has bad hygiene.

nonetheless, i am seriously considering to buy the electronic tooth brush he recommended. but haven't visited him recently

he says is good for lazy people like me who do not brush my teeth for long enough time.... :o

most electrical toothbrush start from <$100 to about $200...... your dentist is selling you diamond encrusted ones or new invention where you dun even need to hold it in your hands? [:p]

specially made from ch**a [laugh] [laugh]

err...... any different for lazy people? you brush 10 sec vs putting the 'thing' in the mouth for 10 sec [confused]

haha that's what i worry too...

his argument is that the toothbrush have fix duration of brush once we turn it on, so we will follow the duration.

but i think when we are short of time, we can still switch it off even if full duration not over yet.

[laugh]

and i think it would have been better if they design something that lets me spit out the toothpaste and foam after brushing while i am seated at my sofa reading newspapers [laugh]

specially made from ch**a [laugh] [laugh]

err...... any different for lazy people? you brush 10 sec vs putting the 'thing' in the mouth for 10 sec [confused]

yes.....

say you can do up-down stroke manually 20 times in 10 secs.

In the same 10 secs. the eletrical toothbrush head would have swept the same area 100 times or more [;)]

ok.... lazy to type so cut and past:

Features Of A Power Toothbrush

Simply stated, rechargeable electric toothbrushes (or

most electrical toothbrush start from <$100 to about $200...... your dentist is selling you diamond encrusted ones or new invention where you dun even need to hold it in your hands? [:p]

:D i like the way you put it. [laugh]

Braun is good and lasting. Last one I changed, used for 5 years, not the brush head of course.

Present one is also Braun.

ok , i will consider braun since you atest to it.

side track a bit, my electric shaver, a atas philips one which cost $250, even after i change the whole cutter head, it stil doesnt cut as cleanly and fast as when it was new. i thought changing the head unit (which consists of the 3 blades) will give it a like new shaving result. disappointingly, it doesnt. then why i spend almost $70 to change the head ? lets discuss about shavers.

side track a bit, my electric shaver, a atas philips one which cost $250, even after i change the whole cutter head, it stil doesnt cut as cleanly and fast as when it was new. i thought changing the head unit (which consists of the 3 blades) will give it a like new shaving result. disappointingly, it doesnt. then why i spend almost $70 to change the head ? lets discuss about shavers.

go do a search, genie already have one long thread about shaver and the old gang were talk about shaving leg and armpit 3 years ago [laugh]

Go buy a Braun Series 7.

I personally use a Braun series 7 shaver, cuts as close as close can get,

for the normal days, Mon-Fridays, and blades, yes real blade shavers

during the weekends when I go on fasting. Nice hot water, close to skin shave,

hot towels, nothing beats a blade shave. Slap on some Amani After shave balm,

yes....perfect.

↡ Advertisement