Jeunes Neutral Newbie September 29, 2011 Share September 29, 2011 From the picture...how come the steering wheel got no air bags? I thought all cars sold in Singapore sure got steering wheel airbags. [thumbsdown] ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stanchiam 1st Gear September 29, 2011 Author Share September 29, 2011 From the picture...how come the steering wheel got no air bags? I thought all cars sold in Singapore sure got steering wheel airbags. i use the air bag for swimming Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MG_Myvi 1st Gear September 30, 2011 Share September 30, 2011 From the picture...how come the steering wheel got no air bags? I thought all cars sold in Singapore sure got steering wheel airbags. Not all lah bro....some smaller models....due to pricing issues in Singapore...AD will take off some features from the original specs. Have to see what brand lah. Like my Myvi.....in Masia all have airbags and etc....here....nothing. Airbags got pros and cons lah...but I don't want to go into any dispute of airbags. If have of cos good lor... Bo then bo bian. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tydan Neutral Newbie October 3, 2011 Share October 3, 2011 haha.. when will be the next group buy? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stanchiam 1st Gear October 3, 2011 Author Share October 3, 2011 haha.. when will be the next group buy? i have make my signature link for that big for u to see Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Carbutt Neutral Newbie October 4, 2011 Share October 4, 2011 Looks cool man...i also want. How long does it take to do the sound proof? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stanchiam 1st Gear October 6, 2011 Author Share October 6, 2011 Looks cool man...i also want. How long does it take to do the sound proof? depend on what u want to do range from few mins to 2 days Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yumyum111 Neutral Newbie October 6, 2011 Share October 6, 2011 good stuff man... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tailgatepro 1st Gear October 8, 2011 Share October 8, 2011 roof is last option, now my next target is firewall area which is the hardest part. need more study about my car first before doing it Hi, have u done your firewall area? My car, almost all had done , except firewall area. Any pics u had done on firewall? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jeunes Neutral Newbie October 9, 2011 Share October 9, 2011 Hi, have u done your firewall area? My car, almost all had done , except firewall area. Any pics u had done on firewall? Comparing it with the stock condition it came with, did you feel a world of difference or really it just helped to dampen the noise more? And finally what make/ model do you drive. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tailgatepro 1st Gear October 14, 2011 Share October 14, 2011 Comparing it with the stock condition it came with, did you feel a world of difference or really it just helped to dampen the noise more? And finally what make/ model do you drive. I do feel abit different, But compare some stock Euro car vs Japanese car with full soundproof, euro car till better. I don't know why. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jeunes Neutral Newbie October 15, 2011 Share October 15, 2011 I do feel abit different, But compare some stock Euro car vs Japanese car with full soundproof, euro car till better. I don't know why. quality of metal used i guess. or maybe just the placebo effect. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MG_Myvi 1st Gear October 16, 2011 Share October 16, 2011 quality of metal used i guess. or maybe just the placebo effect. More on the interior panels. More solid than those cheap plastic in some Jap car in my own opinion Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kianbeng Clutched September 23, 2012 Share September 23, 2012 found a can at autobacs at kaki I tried looking around at those big hardware stores (DIY Stores) I thought they had these 3M undercoating sprays but I couldn't find any. Maybe Autobacs is the only place selling them now. How many cans did you use to get your wheel wells done? I'm thinking of doing this DIY undercarriage or the wheelwells. Or maybe go to Tuff kote, I think I paid $350? on my previous car for Tuff Kote. But they don't open the wheel wells and spray inside though. I don't know how much the 3M undercoating sprays are, but seems like they are $11 USD each, so maybe I guess it's at least $15SGD here. The main issue with DIY for this is that its difficult to do proper undercarriage undercoating without a lift, or at least a stand. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kianbeng Clutched September 23, 2012 Share September 23, 2012 Btw, I'm wondering if I could use these sprays on the door panels (from the inside) without degreasing. Usually the door panels are greased for rust proofing I believe. But mine's a 3yo car, and I wonder if the grease are gone. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Darkblue 1st Gear September 23, 2012 Share September 23, 2012 I tried looking around at those big hardware stores (DIY Stores) I thought they had these 3M undercoating sprays but I couldn't find any. Maybe Autobacs is the only place selling them now. How many cans did you use to get your wheel wells done? I'm thinking of doing this DIY undercarriage or the wheelwells. Or maybe go to Tuff kote, I think I paid $350? on my previous car for Tuff Kote. But they don't open the wheel wells and spray inside though. I don't know how much the 3M undercoating sprays are, but seems like they are $11 USD each, so maybe I guess it's at least $15SGD here. The main issue with DIY for this is that its difficult to do proper undercarriage undercoating without a lift, or at least a stand. You can look for alternatives such as PM for shop location. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kianbeng Clutched September 24, 2012 Share September 24, 2012 You can look for alternatives such as PM for shop location. What about price? I guess can share with all bros here? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cba6p 1st Gear September 24, 2012 Share September 24, 2012 Btw, I'm wondering if I could use these sprays on the door panels (from the inside) without degreasing. Usually the door panels are greased for rust proofing I believe. But mine's a 3yo car, and I wonder if the grease are gone. grease won't disappear, mostly settled at the bottom hence I think you can spray w/o degreasing but im kinda skeptical bout the effectiveness coz the stuff that ur gonna spray doesn't have much mass and low in density.... ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Movies to watch or recommend perpetuity
Movies to watch or recommend perpetuity
Sound Proofing the car
Sound Proofing the car
Whole car sound proof
Whole car sound proof
Heavy and rain proof curtains/blinder recommendations?
Heavy and rain proof curtains/blinder recommendations?
Whining sound : Lift off accelerator
Whining sound : Lift off accelerator
2021 Hyundai Avante CN7 creaking sound from undercarriage
2021 Hyundai Avante CN7 creaking sound from undercarriage
Right side speakers no sound
Right side speakers no sound