2021 Hyundai Avante CN7 creaking sound from undercarriage

Darrylz88

Hi all, I'm new here with a recent purchase of the avante S model. Since the purchase, there has been a creaking sound from the under carriage on the driver side. Only can be heard at 100km/h or above. I sent it in for a check and the mechanic said he tightened some bolt at the under carriage and asked me to monitor. Even after this, the sound is still there. Anyone encountered this? Apologies if this has been raised before as I have not read through the entire thread yet. Thanks 🙏 

↡ Advertisement

8 hours ago, Darrylz88 said:

Hi all, I'm new here with a recent purchase of the avante S model. Since the purchase, there has been a creaking sound from the under carriage on the driver side. Only can be heard at 100km/h or above. I sent it in for a check and the mechanic said he tightened some bolt at the under carriage and asked me to monitor. Even after this, the sound is still there. Anyone encountered this? Apologies if this has been raised before as I have not read through the entire thread yet. Thanks 🙏 

Hello, this is the first time we heard of such issue. Suggest you to send it back to KMC again, bang table if necessary to get them to get the job done. The sound may not be from under carriage, best to ask them to do a throughout check.

10 hours ago, Darrylz88 said:

If the issue can be replicated every single time you drive at 100km/h, I suggest maybe you can try to propose the SA to go out for a test drive with you. Make sure the sound is audible from the passenger seat so either you can point out to the SA if he/she is the one driving or the SA can hear if you are the one driving.

• Praise 1

Hi, i also encountered creaking sound for my S model, have been to KMC twice but still unable to rectify. Mine happen even at low speed, and i suspect is from the back seat cos when i bring down the 60:40 the creaking sound will not happen. Will be sending my car to check for the 3rd time.

Thanks Joel and ahtea,

I guess I'll bring her in again to check. When I brought her in initially, I did the test drive with the mechanic on the highway. He heard the sound. Worked on it. And told me he tightened some bolts at the undercarriage. Asked me to monitor again. He said its not safety related. 

1 hour ago, Eric_law07 said:

Hi, i also encountered creaking sound for my S model, have been to KMC twice but still unable to rectify. Mine happen even at low speed, and i suspect is from the back seat cos when i bring down the 60:40 the creaking sound will not happen. Will be sending my car to check for the 3rd time.

I think yours could be due to a workmanship issue after they removed the seats to wrap the leather seats locally. 

59 minutes ago, Darrylz88 said:

Thanks Joel and ahtea,

I guess I'll bring her in again to check. When I brought her in initially, I did the test drive with the mechanic on the highway. He heard the sound. Worked on it. And told me he tightened some bolts at the undercarriage. Asked me to monitor again. He said its not safety related. 

I think noises are indeed harder to catch and isolate. Requires some experience on the mechanic/SA end to accurately nail the problem down the first time.

My humble take, if the bolts under carriage is the culprit, it reflects badly on the QC of Hyundai cars as a whole. Factory assembly should have very stringent QC or standing orders for the amount of torque used to tighten screws and bolts to prevent over tightening. If the screws are not loosen as part of any servicing done here, it should not be loose for a new car like yours (likelihood should be low).

Could it be due to the seats? I am just guessing since these are the parts which might have been removed and refitted locally. 

Hi,

I am new to this group. Bought a car recently which is my first car,  Hyundai Avante CN7 2020 Model.

Hence to clear many doubts, I will post those here to clarify with members who are experienced and experts in this forum.

1.       Planning to install a dash cam (both front & back) for my Avante. Any recommended brands to suggest? Not so expensive ones, but best for the price.

TIA.

Cheers!

↡ Advertisement