Home visited by minister and grassroot leaders

Cheepo

A couple of days ago a minister came to visit our condo door to door to campaign for the elections.

At first it was not the minister himself. Just his staff or his grassroots leaders who come in advance to "prepare" the residents on how to welcome the VIP.

My daughter was at the door and told them that my wife was in the shower and cannot meet him. So they left a leaflet and left. But after 5 minutes they came back again and asked my daughter again.

My daughter said told them my wife was still in the shower. The fact is my wife was bathing my baby and it takes longer than usual.

Hearing that the grassroots leader said sarcastically "Waaah, are you sure bathing must take so long ?"

[thumbsdown]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

A couple of days ago a minister came to visit our condo door to door to campaign for the elections.

At first it was not the minister himself. Just his staff or his grassroots leaders who come in advance to "prepare" the residents on how to welcome the VIP.

My daughter was at the door and told them that my wife was in the shower and cannot meet him. So they left a leaflet and left. But after 5 minutes they came back again and asked my daughter again.

My daughter said told them my wife was still in the shower. The fact is my wife was bathing my baby and it takes longer than usual.

Hearing that the grassroots leader said sarcastically "Waaah, are you sure bathing must take so long ?"

[thumbsdown]

your daughter should have replied " Do u wanna come in n help? " [sly][laugh] [laugh]

[thumbsdown]

These are the over zealous grassroot people who do bad rather than good for their MP. [thumbsdown] They think the whole world owe them a favour to meet their MP. Sadly, the one who really suffer is their MP at the poll and they will get away scath-free.

But if you got chance to work closely with grassroot people, you will see that most of them are there for a resaon other than serving residents. But you know, no fish prawn also can. Not easy to find people with real passion and time to volunteer.

your daughter should have replied " Do u wanna come in n help? " [sly][laugh] [laugh]

the daughter should have replied 'what is so big fxxk about minister coming .... ' [lipsrsealed]

Knew of several neighbours who were formerly in the grassroots for 10, 15 yrs until the mid 90s. They commented it was no longer about volunteerism but people joined for what they can get from being in grassroots. So no surprise to see the above happening, as they think grassroots big F. But how come the fellow never said "MP time is $$$, you expect him (or her) to wait for your so&so to finish the bath. You don't give MP face"

the daughter should have replied 'what is so big fxxk about minister coming .... ' [lipsrsealed]

Not right, teach the daughter bad things. Too early to learn about such stuffs <_<

yes, one of the perks is free hdb parking around the constituency that they are grassroot.

these papaya cheapskate lackeys should all go and die.

Knew of several neighbours who were formerly in the grassroots for 10, 15 yrs until the mid 90s. They commented it was no longer about volunteerism but people joined for what they can get from being in grassroots. So no surprise to see the above happening, as they think grassroots big F. But how come the fellow never said "MP time is $$$, you expect him (or her) to wait for your so&so to finish the bath. You don't give MP face"

BUT all these lackeys are v v v IMPORTANT.

My MP (Aljunied) said that she is very busy with her HOUSEWORK, so RC folks very important... she needs them help her settle the issues for the "people".. not everything she can handle and not everything must go to her........

15k/mth..... housework more important........

maybe she can employ a few maids to help out the residents? [:p]

Another free perk... all the fruits from the fruit trees near my place goes to them RC PLP lackeys...... they think they are the local lords serving the emperor or something....

But if you got chance to work closely with grassroot people, you will see that most of them are there for a resaon other than serving residents. But you know, no fish prawn also can. Not easy to find people with real passion and time to volunteer.

Oh Puhleeez. You make out like these MPs are angels. Try telling them to work for free and see if they are willing to stand up for elections.

Not right, teach the daughter bad things. Too early to learn about such stuffs <_<

okie okie, so the daughter should have replied 'my mum is busy, but the minister can play with me' :D

These are the over zealous grassroot people who do bad rather than good for their MP. [thumbsdown] They think the whole world owe them a favour to meet their MP. Sadly, the one who really suffer is their MP at the poll and they will get away scath-free.

Ironically enough, you seem to imply that you believe there are (some, at least) grassroots leaders who are in it for the wrong reasons - whilst they are "paid" only intangibly or with trivial recompense; whereas you're prepared to believe there are (P@P, I guess) MPs and Mini-Stars who are doing it perfectly altruistically, despite the fact they're paid around $15k and over a hundred thousand dollars a month, respectively. [rolleyes]

they gave ur wife 5 mins notification and tot ur wife will quickly finish up her thing and come out just to shake hands lol.

Ironically enough, you seem to imply that you believe there are (some, at least) grassroots leaders who are in it for the wrong reasons - whilst they are "paid" only intangibly or with trivial recompense; whereas you're prepared to believe there are (P@P, I guess) MPs and Mini-Stars who are doing it perfectly altruistically, despite the fact they're paid around $15k and over a hundred thousand dollars a month, respectively. [rolleyes]

You are trying to draw too much conclusions and using too much assumptions. Stop putting words into my mouth. [rolleyes]

You people are always as coloured as can be.

You are trying to draw too much conclusions and using too much assumptions. Stop putting words into my mouth. [rolleyes]

You people are always as coloured as can be.

Whatever. It's quite clear from your previous posts that you support the party in power - do you deny that?

In any case, that's not the point - I was just highlighting the incongruity of doubting the sincerity of grassroots volunteers, while apparently accepting that of MPs.

I'm sure you prefer whiter-than-white over colors, right? Never mistake a clean white uniform for a clean, white soul held within.

Oh Puhleeez. You make out like these MPs are angels. Try telling them to work for free and see if they are willing to stand up for elections.

Which part of my posting mentioned that MPs are angels?

The way people reply you can see who their axe is pointing. Even if not their fault also dont care, just being there is their fault alrdy. Really stupid.

Whatever. It's quite clear from your previous posts that you support the party in power - do you deny that?

In any case, that's not the point - I was just highlighting the incongruity of doubting the sincerity of grassroots volunteers, while apparently accepting that of MPs.

I'm sure you prefer whiter-than-white over colors, right? Never mistake a clean white uniform for a clean, white soul held within.

We are only talking about overzealous grassroot helpers whose insensitive words and actions might have tarnished the image of their MP. Right? Please dont turn a simple topic to a complicated one.

Yes, i support pap because it operates on a more credible platform. I am not a miw but i do have a very good personal knowledge of how the grassroot system work, that is why i can appreciate the whole issue. People join grassroot as volunteers and has little privileges in return for their effort and time, ontop of their primary objective. Some of them definitely need some courses to improve their skills. But please dont blame it on their MPs. Make no sense, isnt it?

↡ Advertisement