Electrician lobang?

dcb

Turbocharged

Need to change some lighting stuffs for the house. Any good electrician to recommend?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I am not sure what is the market rate, I asked one that I found from Gumtree.

they came to take out the 3 old ceiling lights and install the new ones I bought. $40 each light for their service.

but I won't recommend the one I engaged [laugh] they are not that bad but probably 80% of my expectations [sweatdrop]

Edited by Jman888
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Wah $40 for each ceiling lights changed seems rather expensive. However good guideline bro @Jman888

I am not sure what is the market rate, I asked one that I found from Gumtree.

they came to take out the 3 old ceiling lights and install the new ones I bought. $40 each light for their service.

but I won't recommend the one I engaged [laugh] they are not that bad but probably 80% of my expectations [sweatdrop]

Look for Ah Peng.

He works for an electrician wiring company. He did my lighting points wiring for my flat. They may provide bulb changing services. His mobile is :- ‭+65 9653 3308‬

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Will give Peng a call. Thanks. [thumbsup]

Look for Ah Peng.
He works for an electrician wiring company. He did my lighting points wiring for my flat. They may provide bulb changing services. His mobile is :- ‭+65 9653 3308‬

By right, you should engage one with licence. This is to ensure the installation is properly done for safety.

https://www.ema.gov.sg/Electricity_Search_for_Licensed_Workers.aspx

By left, simple work can engage someone who really have enough experience. use the correct cable size, connect properly with good insulation, protected with the right mccb rating, wiring done with good mechanical protection.

Do be careful. [;)]

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Change the existing T5 bulbs in my cove light to LED T5 bulbs.

What exactly do you need to do ? 

Need to change some lighting stuffs for the house. Any good electrician to recommend?

Hi Bro,

You can give this guys a call for a Quote -->

Ahmad 96948309

Sam 83168324

Rex 86301299

Ricky 97369196

• Praise 1

If its just swapping bulbs to LED. Should be easy. Cove lights u just pull out as it's just on a clip..

I tried DIY, and some LED lights didn't light up. Also the terminal points are slightly different. So, for me getting an electrical expert to come in to take a look at my current setup will be the best option

that was mine concern too, I bought some LED ceiling light from JB and thought of changing myself, open the cover and give up [laugh]

pay $40 each for them to dismantle and install with some drilling, etc. At least I dun get killed [sweatdrop][laugh]

By right, you should engage one with licence. This is to ensure the installation is properly done for safety.

https://www.ema.gov.sg/Electricity_Search_for_Licensed_Workers.aspx

By left, simple work can engage someone who really have enough experience. use the correct cable size, connect properly with good insulation, protected with the right mccb rating, wiring done with good mechanical protection.

Do be careful. [;)]

Yeah, but it'll cost an arm and 2 legs!

Change the existing T5 bulbs in my cove light to LED T5 bulbs.

Should be plug and play. Look at yourT5 lamp fitting. If its 2 hole power socket, just get back 2 hole ones

If its just swapping bulbs to LED. Should be easy. Cove lights u just pull out as it's just on a clip..

LED T5 usually is whole fitting, not tube

that was mine concern too, I bought some LED ceiling light from JB and thought of changing myself, open the cover and give up [laugh]

pay $40 each for them to dismantle and install with some drilling, etc. At least I dun get killed [sweatdrop][laugh]

Actually is simple enough to DIY. Of cos I'm slightly exposed to the industry... Haha

Edited by Othello

Yeah, but it'll cost an arm and 2 legs!

Simple wrong connection of the cables can cause danger when replacing blubs even with the light switch in off position. so it good to play it safe. 

• Praise 1

If it's fluorescent whether it's the round tube or the long tube the setup is different of that from the LED.  The fluorescent uses a ballast and starter while the LED uses a driver. So you need to remove the ballast and starter setup and replace it with a driver setup. Yeah. You will need someone qualified to do it if you dunno how.

If you are using the E127 lightbulb (screw type) it's quite straight forward and only requires a direct led bulb replacement.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1