Last Train to JB..............

KARTer

Some bros might have taken their last ride...

When i heard the last train will run on 30 June, i quickly bought the ticket and took it to JB this afternoon.... i must say the trip and $13 (sin2Jb) and 3Ringgits (JB2sin) were well worth the time.

The TPagar station was packed with people, mm and men took their long lens to take pictures everywhere and every corners....

The scenary during the trip, though normal to many, to me it's interesting as the train went pass bushes, industrial estates, HDB, landed properties... schools, under the tunnels, over the bridges...

By now, most passengers were there to taste their 'last trip' on this train.... when the train passed road junctions, passersby waved and took picture (making us passengers a bit like VIPs)...

The train even stopped at the bukit timah station for about half an hour (not in its usual schedule) to let passengers get down to take pics.... passengers also took pics of visitors at the station who in turn took picture of the train and its passengers............. i jumped off the train and stood on the station platform to take pics also...

BTW, i found something could be the only one in the world:- normally if we go from country A to B, we go through the respective immigration/custom checks in the same order/sequence. But when I went from SGP to JB, i first cleared MY check points and then SGP check points, ie reversed order!! :D:o

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

The train pass 30m from my window many many times a day.. this thu, at ~1030pm, will be the last one liao.. feeling abit nostalgic.. like the end of an era liddat..

... this thu, at ~1030pm, will be the last one liao.. feeling abit nostalgic.. like the end of an era liddat..

Agree. The last time I took one was in the 70's.

When its around,nobody give it a damn.When its about to go,everyone starts to feel the lost.I am included [bigcry]

Everytime,when the traffic comes to a halt to wait for the train to pass,i will curse it.But recently,i start to feel like im gonna miss it when it moves.i start to enjoy every moment when the train passes thru.bring back alot of my childhood memories.use to take them going up to ipoh and malacca.

I dun think my kids will get to see the train in the middle of singapore road liao [wave]

Supercharged

I went to buy ticket on thus evening. But they don sell. Then went to queue on sat morning. . Sold out.

Then yesterday morning, woke up at 4:30am and got to the station at 6am.

Finally got the ticket. This is the first time and the last time my children take train on this island. :D

Our train actually stopped for over 1 h at b timah.

The station master also happily offer to take picture with us.

I like the train service in the late 70s when the train stop at different stations and the hawkers sell koropoh and carry puff....

I love the fried rice on the train, it really plain but I just love it, we have to walk one of the cabin (non air con), order and sit there, watch the scenery and wind, really miss those feeling!

humans really funny....

its there for donkey years... yet most ppl dun even cast a glance at it...

once it announce its closing, all chiong to it...

maybe RTM should do a trick like our national stadium... reopen and close again and again... generate more sales

Turbocharged

humans really funny....

maybe RTM should do a trick like our national stadium... reopen and close again and again... generate more sales

Haven't you heard the saying, nothing will ever get done if not for the last minute.

You mean you have never taken the train all these years?

got lah, maybe before you guys were even born [laugh] , took it to KL in the early 80s once........... actually train trips seem good if not in a hurry... will do more tran trips and wander around west MY next time.....

usually drive up to make full use of NSHwy :D

The train pass 30m from my window many many times a day.. this thu, at ~1030pm, will be the last one liao.. feeling abit nostalgic.. like the end of an era liddat..

30m!! .......... the clunkings of the trains must have been your background music :D:D .......... does the train sound its horn very often? ... yesterday's trip, the horn was busy making noise...maybe celebrating its last days :D

I went to buy ticket on thus evening. But they don sell. Then went to queue on sat morning. . Sold out.

Then yesterday morning, woke up at 4:30am and got to the station at 6am.

Finally got the ticket. This is the first time and the last time my children take train on this island. :D

Our train actually stopped for over 1 h at b timah.

The station master also happily offer to take picture with us.

i went there at about 750am monday, got the ticket (no queue).. went for meetings and then back at the station for the train which left 1pm..

I like the train service in the late 70s when the train stop at different stations and the hawkers sell koropoh and carry puff....

I love the fried rice on the train, it really plain but I just love it, we have to walk one of the cabin (non air con), order and sit there, watch the scenery and wind, really miss those feeling!

the makan-tray (drop down type) is missing at many seats........ but overall the interior is quite ok, not much sweat smells from the uphostery [:)]

humans really funny....

LOL............ they surf MCF also, if it happens, you know where they get the idea from :D

same as you.

last time find it noisy, jam at when train approaching. Now... feeling a bit weird.

I dun even have time to go down take a pic yet! =(

Supersonic

Never taken any train from sg to msia. And even it is going to stop the train service, i also didnt try out the train service. [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement