Advice from cefiro 230J owners needed.

Sei_fei_loh

Hi all,

I am contemplating to change to a 2005 cefiro 2.3l. I used to drive my dad's cefiro 99 model. Tiink A32 model. Really miss the creamy smooth v6 engine. Remember the FC was 7-8km/l range.

Tried to google ard for more fc info and got different feedbacks. Some got 6-7km/l, others got 9-11km/l. I am ok if it can average ard 8-9km/l. Anything more is bonus.

Another concern is the maintenace. With the car ar its 6th yr, are there anything to look out for? The previous A32 was easy to maintain cos its very mechanical still but i dunno abt the 230jm.

All inputs welcome..

↡ Advertisement

my FC average 9.5km/l, with daily morning and evening BKE/KJE/PIE jam.

Have changed the followings:

Engine mount, wheel bearing, power steering hose and ottoman seat's motor.

I used to get 9-9.5 km/l (50:50 = HW:local roads). There was no issue at all in the first three years I kept. I believe that it is one of the heavy maintenance free cars! all the best.

my FC average 9.5km/l, with daily morning and evening BKE/KJE/PIE jam.

Have changed the followings:

Engine mount, wheel bearing, power steering hose and ottoman seat's motor.

Pretty reasonable fc. Do u rem d price for engine mount? Was told by mechanic last time saying d A33's engine wre some electonic ones, costing $600 each w/o labour. I duno hw true though. a32 model was jus normal mechanical ones.

I used to get 9-9.5 km/l (50:50 = HW:local roads). There was no issue at all in the first three years I kept. I believe that it is one of the heavy maintenance free cars! all the best.

Hi,

U mentioned 'heavy maintenance free cars". Wat do u actually mean? :)

[/code]0405']

Pretty reasonable fc. Do u rem d price for engine mount? Was told by mechanic last time saying d A33's engine wre some electonic ones, costing $600 each w/o labour. I duno hw true

though. a32 model was jus normal mechanical ones.

All the parts replaced under warranty... Paid $0

Hi,

U mentioned 'heavy maintenance free cars". Wat do u actually mean? :)

WHat I meant was as long as you do regular service and change the wear and tear parts, it would run silk smooth. It does not require and big cost maintenance!

WHat I meant was as long as you do regular service and change the wear and tear parts, it would run silk smooth. It does not require and big cost maintenance!

Good to hear tat. :) btw, u have any idea is it on timing belt or timing chain?

Neutral Newbie

Mine is also a 2005 model.

Getting slightly over 8km/l with about 20% hwy.

Will get closer to 9 km/l if I make a few trips to the airport :)

On NS Hwy, easily 11 to 12 km/l.

I usually use Shell 95, which gives me the best FC. Somehow with 98, I always get <8 km/l. Don't ask me why cos I've no idea at all !!

I've done Sin - Phuket - Sin and a few Cameron Highland trips with no issues at all. The V6 engine is very nice :wub:

So far, changed engine mount and rear wheel bearings. Can't remember the cost, but it felt pretty reasonable considering the car had clocked over 100k km then.

Currently at 130,000 km. During last servicing, was told rear shock need replacement (non-critical) and slight engine oil leak (also non-critical).

Neutral Newbie

FC for me is about 9.4km/l 70% HW, front tyre pressure 230kpa, if pump to 280kpa is 10.5km/l (front tyre looks less compress also but then comfort reduced)

FC for 70% city is around 8.6km/l. North south HW gives me 11km/l at 140-160km/h. [laugh]

Average FC is 8.5 to 9.5 (city to HW).

Just do regular servicing and replacement of worn parts. Maintenance cost not higher than previous toyota car i drove.

Overall a spacious and comfortable car... will be quite sorry to change it for another ride (wife has been bugging me to shed the uncle image)