Accidental Alcohol brew?

Gee

I accidentally forgotten to keep 2ltr of apple juice (non-preservative) in the fridge, it was left in room temperature for about a week. this morning i noticed and moved it to the fridge to chill it.

Just now i opened it up an there's this fizz bubbling up in the liquid, and i smelled alcohol coming out from the brim. Looked like champagne..

So I tasted it, still normal a bit alcohol-ish, no sour nor bad after taste.

Wow! [thumbsup]

Wifey told me: throw it! better loose money than get sick!

Stubborn to yield, i googled and found this..

I always tell every single customer it is UNPASTEURISED juice and to put it straight in the fridge and drink or freeze it within 2 days. I have kept our own juice for 8 days on the fridge, and I love it best when it goes a bit fizzy. Once it starts to go fizzy, it in no way becomes unhealthy, it's just that the sugar is being naturally turned to alcohol, thats all cider is. The only toxic substance produced is alcohol, which is perfectly safe in moderation unless one is a serious addict or on some medications. To stop this happening you have to Pasteurise (heat treat) the juice which increases the carbon cost and takes away half of the flavour.

From Here

Yea, Suaku me, it's a Cider.

I bet this is great for BBQ refreshments or cooking itself.

not a drinker though [angel] and sure hell not promoting drinking habit.

↡ Advertisement

How can it be spoilt? Or poisonous?

The alcohol produced will kill the bacteria and virus in the juice. Making it clean and non-dangerous.

That's was how my grandma used to ferment 'tonic' when I was young.

She will have one lump of clay like thing inside a glass jar, and then let it ferment forever. When ever she poured of some of the liquid from the jar, she will replace it with some sugar and water and special herbal ingredient.

The liquid taste delicious, and I am still alive!

How can it be spoilt? Or poisonous?

The alcohol produced will kill the bacteria and virus in the juice. Making it clean and non-dangerous.

That's was how my grandma used to ferment 'tonic' when I was young.

She will have one lump of clay like thing inside a glass jar, and then let it ferment forever. When ever she poured of some of the liquid from the jar, she will replace it with some sugar and water and special herbal ingredient.

The liquid taste delicious, and I am still alive!

ok now we know where the brain damage came from <_<<_<