Leslielai 1st Gear October 28, 2012 Share October 28, 2012 Got into an accident with another SG-registered vehicle at the Malaysian customs. Was told to lodge a police report, which I did. The IO, without much investigations, determined that it was my fault and that I had to pay a RM 300 fine. Managed to bring it down to RM200. Now the thing is, I am not a listed driver for my car as far as the insurance records are concerned. How do I go about this? ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Leslielai 1st Gear October 28, 2012 Author Share October 28, 2012 It was a case of 50-50 in my opinion but from what my friends told me, it was my fault if insurance is involved because he had the right of way. I have told the other party to go to his own workshop to assess the damage. I will determine then if I would want to privately settle it or let him claim my insurance. However, this would mean that I am probably unable to lodge this with the insurance company within the 24-hour window. How should I go about this then? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
0wnage 2nd Gear October 28, 2012 Share October 28, 2012 You have to report the accident to your insurance within the 24-hour time frame. This is regardless whether you're settling privately or leaving it to the insurance co to settle. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vextan 1st Gear October 28, 2012 Share October 28, 2012 (edited) Got into an accident with another SG-registered vehicle at the Malaysian customs. Was told to lodge a police report, which I did. The IO, without much investigations, determined that it was my fault and that I had to pay a RM 300 fine. Managed to bring it down to RM200. Now the thing is, I am not a listed driver for my car as far as the insurance records are concerned. How do I go about this? Did you receive an official receipt for the 'fine', just curious and you know what I mean ? And I suspect the other driver also got fined as well. If the car insurance covers any driver then can be claimed, but if only limited to named drivers then cannot. And if cannot then better settle privately, else the total claim amount can become very huge even if for a minor accident. Actually one should not drive a car if the insurance doesnt cover the driver or any driver. Insurance company can deny liabilityy and also the driver can be charged for driving without insurance coverage. That is, if the car insurance doesnt cover the driver. Edited October 28, 2012 by Vextan Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
macrosszero Turbocharged October 28, 2012 Share October 28, 2012 Got into an accident with another SG-registered vehicle at the Malaysian customs. Was told to lodge a police report, which I did. The IO, without much investigations, determined that it was my fault and that I had to pay a RM 300 fine. Managed to bring it down to RM200. Now the thing is, I am not a listed driver for my car as far as the insurance records are concerned. How do I go about this? If the other party is on MCF or someone tells him about your situation, he has you by the balls - as you may become personally liable for the full extent damage. The insurer for the car that you were driving can "repudiate" coverage as you were not authorized to drive the car, hence nullifying their coverage. Had you been the named driver or authorized driver, the extent of your liability is limited to paying the excess and taking subsequent insurance rate increases on the chin. Good luck and I gotta say you better eat humble pie and fix the other party's car up to his satisfaction. All factors point to you being in the wrong and on the short end of the stick Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lanevomax 1st Gear October 28, 2012 Share October 28, 2012 Got into an accident with another SG-registered vehicle at the Malaysian customs. Was told to lodge a police report, which I did. The IO, without much investigations, determined that it was my fault and that I had to pay a RM 300 fine. Managed to bring it down to RM200. Now the thing is, I am not a listed driver for my car as far as the insurance records are concerned. How do I go about this? that is very stupid , to pay money at malaysia when you accident with a SG car. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Souma Clutched October 28, 2012 Share October 28, 2012 You u Boleh land then if u refuse to pay, Wat will happened to u? Can imagine ts damn sian Liao kena accident and officials claim "kopi" money... ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Mother of all PMD PMA PAB thread
Mother of all PMD PMA PAB thread
Golden Village opens first all-laser cinema in Paya Lebar
Golden Village opens first all-laser cinema in Paya Lebar
China First Aircraft Carrier ....
China First Aircraft Carrier ....
How Do You Sell a Car That Has Undergo Accident?
How Do You Sell a Car That Has Undergo Accident?
Accident Insurance Claim - Total Loss! Help!
Accident Insurance Claim - Total Loss! Help!
Freak Car Accident. Victim in ICU
Freak Car Accident. Victim in ICU
First-timers must select BTO flats when invited by HDB or lose priority for a year from August launch
First-timers must select BTO flats when invited by HDB or lose priority for a year from August launch
MOM looking into alleged fraudulent work injury claim by Sumo Salad employee; police investigating owner's death
MOM looking into alleged fraudulent work injury claim by Sumo Salad employee; police investigating owner's death