Free entry to all museums

Mllcg

Hypersonic

Agree. My impression is that Singapore Museum has many "fake" artifacts, mock-ups and wordy descriptions, too artificial. This impression was formed many yeasr ago and I had since stopped wasting my time there.

I would like to see something like Taiwan's Museum will real historical stuffs.

we don't have such a history lah. National palace museum has the chinese imperial collection leh! Collected by the royals :wub:

Best museum i've been to so far in terms of artifacts. Standard very high, comparable to western museums.

i won't mind bringing my kid to museums when older.

↡ Advertisement

Agree. My impression is that Singapore Museum has many "fake" artifacts, mock-ups and wordy descriptions, too artificial. This impression was formed many yeasr ago and I had since stopped wasting my time there.

I would like to see something like Taiwan's Museum will real historical stuffs.

Yeah... Just go to the websites of the singapore museums and the london museums, can see the difference... The london museums, they really go all out to appeal to the public, both tourists and locals. They have got talks and tours too, most of it are free too.

And what i really love about the museums in london, there's always things for kids to do, regardless if its a science (science and engineering museum) or an arts themed museum (VA museum). In fact we just went to the science and engineering museum 3 days ago, and my gosh it has 5 floors loaded with stuff. And that's just 1 museum. They encourage kids to explore and that's what the singapore culture is missing.

Singapore museums? Thats why we (including myself) somehow equate museums are dull places. I suppose they got to intensify their outreach and diversify their collections.

we don't have such a history lah. National palace museum has the chinese imperial collection leh! Collected by the royals :wub:

Best museum i've been to so far in terms of artifacts. Standard very high, comparable to western museums.

i won't mind bringing my kid to museums when older.

Our history dates back to 1819. Or perhaps even before that?

Point is the museums need to reach out to the people... Otherwise, free or not, people won't go. And it is sad, if we compare the culture in other countries especially the West and ourselves.

I do feel we lose a bit of history if our kids don't get to see all these stuff... And this musem culture should be embedded when they are young... :)

KTV go there learn Vietnamese and Mandarin......as well as some other skills like body massage..... [sly][laugh]

when can we start learning?

↡ Advertisement