One road rage attack every 4 days in Singapore

Darthrevan

Neutral Newbie

Good advice.

As for the permanent "You Owe Them Money" look, don't you think most Singapore men/woman grow into that look once they hit their 50s?

Sadly true...

↡ Advertisement

I think our current gahmen is encouraging us to be selfish and only look out for ourselves...even thou they dnt say out loud, their policies squeeze us until we feel threatened. Probs why everyone so angry nowadays

I think our current gahmen is encouraging us to be selfish and only look out for ourselves...even thou they dnt say out loud, their policies squeeze us until we feel threatened. Probs why everyone so angry nowadays

ya... make everyone easily stress out and be angry with everything...

Neutral Newbie

TRUTH BRO. [thumbsup] But we should really try to relak on the roads lah...I went to Europe study rarely got road rage incident over there one.

Stress aside I think its more like drivers attutides have changed... When you're gracious, people abuse your gracious attitute.

How often do you see drivers giving way on the expressway when another signals his/her intension? When you choose to give way, these people choose to be selective & find other means if not "cut in" when you think they've changed their minds..

How often do you see drivers driving on 2 lanes cos they're undecided or plain selfish..

When you high beam they get offended when you horn they also get offended.

With in-car cams, I see benefits in finding such b******s and if better get them off our roads for good. If you need your car for a living would you be doing all these "stunts". Its obvious they don't..

Just my 2 cents worth..

Neutral Newbie

Stress aside I think its more like drivers attutides have changed... When you're gracious, people abuse your gracious attitute.

How often do you see drivers giving way on the expressway when another signals his/her intension? When you choose to give way, these people choose to be selective & find other means if not "cut in" when you think they've changed their minds..

How often do you see drivers driving on 2 lanes cos they're undecided or plain selfish..

When you high beam they get offended when you horn they also get offended.

With in-car cams, I see benefits in finding such b******s and if better get them off our roads for good. If you need your car for a living would you be doing all these "stunts". Its obvious they don't..

Just my 2 cents worth..

I dunno sia...I drive carefully people f**k me and say I go too slow...I drive too fast and people f**k me again and say I drive like a siao zhar bo... <_< That's why I usually just let my husband drive [:p]

Turbocharged
(edited)

Road rage is mostly due to huge ego more than stress. if have stress why you dont beat someone up while watching a movie, while queueing for anything, or while walking on the road ? Nothing to do with stress or gahment. Pls la, even if want to blame gahment for this and that, also be more logical la. hopeless ..

Edited by Ingenius

Neutral Newbie

I dunno sia...I drive carefully people f**k me and say I go too slow...I drive too fast and people f**k me again and say I drive like a siao zhar bo... <_< That's why I usually just let my husband drive [:p]

Maybe you too chio that's why everyone always want to f**k you [sly]

Turbocharged
(edited)

In Singapore if you are a good driver as in follow the rules, always signal, check blind spot, give way, dont jump queue or change lane abruptly etc etc, you will end up frustrated and infuriated by other drivers who dont follow the rules. then will get into quarrels and rage. this is call self righteousness. anyway, from my many years of experience of driving, i gather that best is to drive defensively , and also learnt to swallow your pride and ego.

Edited by Ingenius

Just drive properly and keep your windows slightly tinted with V Kool to mask your middle fingers like me lah...sure bo taiji one [:p]

Turbocharged

Just drive properly and keep your windows slightly tinted with V Kool to mask your middle fingers like me lah...sure bo taiji one [:p]

so proud of it ? dont anyhow point middle finger la, one day you may get walloped.

Do the switch today, use your last finger instead. [;)]

In Singapore if you are a good driver as in follow the rules, always signal, check blind spot, give way, dont jump queue or change lane abruptly etc etc, you will end up frustrated and infuriated by other drivers who dont follow the rules. then will get into quarrels and rage. this is call self righteousness. anyway, from my many years of experience of driving, i gather that best is to drive defensively , and also learnt to swallow your pride and ego.

While most of the time I tend to just give way and let it go, I draw a line when a situation really endangers me or other road users. I still merely curse and swear in the confines of my own car when that usually happens.

However, if the offender is not apologetic and show his displeasure or even try to challenge you because you honked out of warning... I cannot control the rage.

Turbocharged
(edited)

While most of the time I tend to just give way and let it go, I draw a line when a situation really endangers me or other road users. I still merely curse and swear in the confines of my own car when that usually happens.

However, if the offender is not apologetic and show his displeasure or even try to challenge you because you honked out of warning... I cannot control the rage.

It is only natural. i had one case where i horned a car out of warning (he was stationary in lane 1 and appeared like wanting to cut into lane 2 anytime) as i passed him, this ah beng obviously unhappy due to his huge ego, he stopped his car next to mine at the next traffic light and curse and swear. I was surprised at this over-exagerated reaction, and realised there is no point reasoning with him, and i look at him amusingly. since he is not being reasonable there is no point getting into a argument with this type of people. you won't win. the only thing you can get out of this is a fight.

There is a saying, it is better to be a live chicken, then a dead duck.

Edited by Ingenius

Neutral Newbie

In SG people should drive less aggressively...when I 1st started driving after coming over from aus, I was seriously scared! [speechless]

I totally agree with u. good point

so proud of it ? dont anyhow point middle finger la, one day you may get walloped.

Lol it's abt doing it discreetly like the Obama pic online...rub the finger against your temples like tio headache :D Or better yet, dig nose with middle finger and dig until damn shiok [:p]

It is only natural. i had one case where i horned a car out of warning (he was stationary in lane 1 and appeared like wanting to cut into lane 2 anytime) as i passed him, this ah beng obviously unhappy due to his huge ego, he stopped his car next to mine at the next traffic light and curse and swear. I was surprised at this over-exagerated reaction, and realised there is no point reasoning with him, and i look at him amusingly. since he is not being reasonable there is no point getting into a argument with this type of people. you won't win.

Had a similar incident recently too, only I was on the first lane and this mofo stationary and stuck in lane 2, swerved out into my lane when I was just meters away causing me to e-brake (ABS and all) and skidded to my right (luckily got filter lane to turn right ahead). I missed him by mere inches at a stop!

When I question him at the next traffic lights he claimed.. "I got signal, you don't want to give way these's nothing I can do" :blink:

↡ Advertisement