Wheel alignment in JB?

Newdrive

however at hawk tayar they will ask me to change camber bolt, have u done it w/o changing(put new) camber bolt?

how's the alignment w/o the new camber bolt?

Did u lower your suspension?

If no, probably u will not really need the camber bolt

(edited)

went to Skudai branch yesterday.

Spent 61.50rm to do front wheel alignment for my vios and change one of the camber nuts (cos he say my camber nuts worn up, unable to adjust further).

but suay... after i enter johor and pass toll... my aircon suddenly die on me! had to drive without aircon and window half wind down in this haze morning. :o

spent another 630rm at Century tokyo to fix my aircon... cos the magnetic clutch kaput liao... replace then do aircon flushing... not sure if this price is right cos recommended by a friend. earlier went to another ws near Hawk Tayar Skudai branch... quote me 630rm just to replace magnetic clutch...

what an eventful day! end up dun have much time for shopping... only did little shopping, makan, massage, wash car, pump and go back sg.

Edited by Newdrive

Did u lower your suspension?

If no, probably u will not really need the camber bolt

did not lower suspension, stock everything

guess i was conned! :angry:

Spent 61.50rm to do front wheel alignment for my vios and change one of the camber nuts (cos he say my camber nuts worn up, unable to adjust further).

spent another 630rm at Century tokyo to fix my aircon... cos the magnetic clutch kaput liao... replace then do aircon flushing... not sure if this price is right cos recommended by a friend.

what an eventful day! end up dun have much time for shopping... only did little shopping, makan, massage, wash car, pump and go back sg.

wow!

u really did have an eventful day, still can go massage! [laugh]

however at hawk tayar they will ask me to change camber bolt, have u done it w/o changing(put new) camber bolt?

how's the alignment w/o the new camber bolt?

They never ask me to change camber bolt.

Likely because my ride is just an ordinary vehicle [Fiat Panorama]. The alignment is quite well done as they refer to computerized database for specific type of vehicle.

I had wanted to take up more services with them, eg. oil change, timing belt, aircon, etc..... However, they informed that their tools are not compatible with my ride.

They never ask me to change camber bolt.

Likely because my ride is just an ordinary vehicle [Fiat Panorama]. The alignment is quite well done as they refer to computerized database for specific type of vehicle.

mine even more ordinary, toyota axio only

Today, went to a Good year Tyre shop at JB Taman Daya that have HUNTER alignment system and was quoted RM$30 for my SUV Alignment. I checked the price of the 2 GY tyre model which is suitable for my SUV (One is made in INDO and the other from THAI) and surprisingly the one from INDO is almost SGD$30 more expensive per tyre compare to S-Bro and for the one made in THAI, the price is almost SGD$20 cheaper per tyre compare to our famous SG Jewellery shop. If change 4 pcs tyres, Balancing and Alignment is inclusive which made the THAI made GY more value for money as just doing alignment in SG cost SGD$50.

Edited by Lemonade78

Today, went to a Good year Tyre shop at JB Taman Daya that have HUNTER alignment system and was quoted RM$30 for my SUV Alignment. I checked the price of the 2 GY tyre model which is suitable for my SUV (One is made in INDO and the other from THAI) and surprisingly the one from INDO is almost SGD$30 more expensive per tyre compare to S-Bro and for the one made in THAI, the price is almost SGD$20 cheaper per tyre compare to our famous SG Jewellery shop. If change 4 pcs tyres, Balancing and Alignment is inclusive which made the THAI made GY more value for money as just doing alignment in SG cost SGD$50.

Most pple dun hv the chance to check prices in JB so our local tire shops still can survive.

If everybody is to chk n compare prices between here n JB, I think most of our tire shops wil close down.

Hahaha. [laugh]

hmmm, not all tyres in jb is cheap especially those 17inch and above sizes. Seriously, SG tyre shop still have an edge above jb tyre shop. As for wheel alignment, if the jb shop can do a good job , it can save us much more in long run since most of us need to keep our ride for 10yrs or more :D

Hi mind sharing with me the address of the shop? Thks

hmmm, not all tyres in jb is cheap especially those 17inch and above sizes. Seriously, SG tyre shop still have an edge above jb tyre shop. As for wheel alignment, if the jb shop can do a good job , it can save us much more in long run since most of us need to keep our ride for 10yrs or more :D

Thats why its yr duty to compare prices. Even with SG shops, their prices can differ by quite a lot so its normal fr shops in JB to b the same.

If u do yr homework n show them u know the market when u bargain, ty usually give u a much better price.

Same like here. If u blur blur go in, ty sure chop carrot hor. [knife]

Most pple dun hv the chance to check prices in JB so our local tire shops still can survive.

If everybody is to chk n compare prices between here n JB, I think most of our tire shops wil close down.

Hahaha. [laugh]

still will left some as most pple here scared to go into JB scared kena robbed or cheated big time, so they will still do in sg unless got good recommendations from friends or kind pple like u here lor ^_^

↡ Advertisement