3rd Generation Volkswagen Touran

Carbon82

Just booked a brown touran 1.4tsi eqp.

Can't believe I actually bought a mpv, but for the growing family really no choice.

In terms of comfort, space, and safety there aren't many choices around. This model seems to be a good fit for my use.

Can I check if this car can take 95 petrol? Or does it require 98? Or will 98 makes any diff?

Thanks.

• Praise 1

Just booked a brown touran 1.4tsi eqp.

Can't believe I actually bought a mpv, but for the growing family really no choice.

In terms of comfort, space, and safety there aren't many choices around. This model seems to be a good fit for my use.

Can I check if this car can take 95 petrol? Or does it require 98? Or will 98 makes any diff?

Thanks.

Welcome! It takes minimum 95. PM me if you wanna join the WhatsApp chat group

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I just gotten my second touran , first being in 2010.

Can add me to the whatsApp chat group?

How to get into chatgroup with fellow touran owners?

• Praise 1

Can pm me ur mobile number

(edited)

Will be signing up one of the last comfortline EQP Diesel later today. $130800.

Coming from a current 2012 Jetta owner.

Any extra freebies can I request from SE?

Thanks 

Edited by Su27

Will be signing up one of the last comfortline EQP Diesel later today. $130800.

Coming from a current 2012 Jetta owner.

Any extra freebies can I request from SE?

Thanks

Congrats! Just saw ur message. Did you manage to get any freebies? You can PM me your number to join the WhatsApp grp chat

(edited)

Signed yesterday. 

Booked the last 3rd EQP Touran Diesel. Left with 2 more at VW and it will be extinct. Oh, there is also 1 demo car.

So price I got was $130900.

Freebies: 

front and back blackvue cam

3M solar film (including sunroof)

3M mats

Apple Carplay thingy (IT idiot here, but the SE say it is very useful)

They took back my 2012 Jetta base for $53500. Strange LTA quoted $50500 if deregister. I wonder how they manage to work out $3000 more for me.

1 shot 1 kill. Guaranteed COE tomorrow. 

Had a horrble experience with initial VW SE, who is a crook!!! I changed SE and seled this deal with the new fella.

Sure, please add me nine seven 61 three eight 56

Cheers,

Ken

Edited by Su27

Signed yesterday. 

Booked the last 3rd EQP Touran Diesel. Left with 2 more at VW and it will be extinct. Oh, there is also 1 demo car.

They took back my 2012 Jetta base for $53500. Strange LTA quoted $50500 if deregister. I wonder how they manage to work out $3000 more for me.

Congrates on your new ride.

Your remarks sure make you sound like a newbie in car ownership. [laugh]

Much like the popular china TV show 谁是卧底 which is very funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xteXkINtuik&list=PLwpv8T1mk-0NfJofFa1y4AJezmDa8HwIz

Hi SU27, are u picking your new car this Sat??

Can I ask, you took up their loan from DBS at 2.68%?

Also their MSIG insurance?

Congrates on your new ride.

Your remarks sure make you sound like a newbie in car ownership. [laugh]

Much like the popular china TV show 谁是卧底 which is very funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xteXkINtuik&list=PLwpv8T1mk-0NfJofFa1y4AJezmDa8HwIz

My 4th car actually. But I still dont really know how the industry works. Like what overtrade, etc, etc.

I just go to showrooms, ask price, compare specs abit, then buy.

Hi SU27, are u picking your new car this Sat??

Can I ask, you took up their loan from DBS at 2.68%?

Also their MSIG insurance?

Not this Sat. On 3rd Aug.

Yes, took up the min loan at 2.68% and insurance, as they gave rebate discounts on both.

• Praise 1

Guess u got a very good deal and freebies... congrats on ur new ride.

Saw the COE results, went up by a little.

So your final price of $130,900 is the final amount to pay after all the rebates?

Guess u got a very good deal and freebies... congrats on ur new ride.

Saw the COE results, went up by a little.

So your final price of $130,900 is the final amount to pay after all the rebates?

Yes that is the final price. 

I am not sure if good deal anot, But I need a compact MPV, and touran is the only one that suits the criteria. It was actually down to between touran and BMW 2GT. But 2GT loses out on space functionality and that imperfect 3rd row seats which is very difficult to get in and out from. But we got to give BMW credit as MPV is not their forte.

Actually is $131000. Need to pay $100 more to retain old car plate number.

I have read many many good review about Touran 3rd Gen. Test driven GT2, Grand Picasso and this car. While my current drive is Peugeot 3008 diesel. Indeed Touran offers a better drive.

Glad that the exterior looks much nicer than the earlier Gen.

Hope the diesel version is ok, in terms of Engine and Gearbox...

Cos many are still sceptical and not confident with VW.

So far driving the Touran 1.4 for about 1 year now.... must say that it is a real workhorse and a pleasure to drive. Seeing more and more on the road now. No issues so far.

Only wish is that the Android GPS is easier to connect. Have to plug in several times before it works well. Once it is up and running, it is very nice. But getting it to work the first time is a hassle. Ask VW workshop about it when I sent it in for my 1st service but they seem quite clueless.

The other thing is that the traction control could be better. on a couple of occasions, tried to accelerate quickly from stop. The front tyres actually screeched. If the traction control was better, this wouldn't happen right? Tyres still in good condition.

Gotten my new ride 2 days ago. Pretty happy with it, although can hear the diesel engine rattling from inside, very much like sound if diesel taxi. Perhaps just on the music louder.

Still running in the engine, read manual that it is important for first 1,500km. So I cannot tell abt the tyre traction yet.

So far driving the Touran 1.4 for about 1 year now.... must say that it is a real workhorse and a pleasure to drive. Seeing more and more on the road now. No issues so far.

Only wish is that the Android GPS is easier to connect. Have to plug in several times before it works well. Once it is up and running, it is very nice. But getting it to work the first time is a hassle. Ask VW workshop about it when I sent it in for my 1st service but they seem quite clueless.

The other thing is that the traction control could be better. on a couple of occasions, tried to accelerate quickly from stop. The front tyres actually screeched. If the traction control was better, this wouldn't happen right? Tyres still in good condition.

Regarding the traction control, I do agree. Happened to me a few times.

Gotten my new ride 2 days ago. Pretty happy with it, although can hear the diesel engine rattling from inside, very much like sound if diesel taxi. Perhaps just on the music louder.

Still running in the engine, read manual that it is important for first 1,500km. So I cannot tell abt the tyre traction yet.

Welcome! PM me if you wanna join the WhatsApp grp chat

What a joke... my 2wks old car is raining from inside.

Usually parked under shelter, had been driven a few times during rain.

Today I parked open carpark in the morning 8.10am and there was this downpour. I drove off at 3pm and was shocked that water dripping from cabin lights control panel.

Rushed to VW After sales. Seems like I'm not alone. Another owner came in after me also leaking. Surprisingmy, hers has no sunroof.

↡ Advertisement