2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

On 4/6/2023 at 8:16 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Finally got all diy plastic primed de-yellowed caps and previously 4 yrs ago had plastic parts sprayed black for ease of maintenance, gim gim and bit more scratch resistant. ☺️

Next is to have diy primed blacken coolant reservoir fitted and windscreen fluid neck also primed blacken to avoid blacken dirt/stain/yellowing but not more since lower portion is with electronics and need mechanic as well as not too visible. 🤞🤞

Simple joy of a retiree with forester xt ... 

signal-2023-04-06-19-57-53-493.jpg

16807830924098720184614517542149.jpg

Just found out available 3Dprinted blue caps especially those with bending sections that my diy ones still flakes despite primer and just ordered them .. many colors to choose to your heart content. Grimm's more complete ones at usd60 that I do not need is limited to red and black:

https://www.importimageracing.com/products/print3d-fluid-reservoir-caps-22-subaru-wrx-sti-p3d-rescapwrx22

Cheers.

Screenshot_20230409-102048_Chrome.jpg

• Praise 1

On 2/27/2023 at 9:24 PM, Cashgoh said:

@richard_crl032 Yes still with forester SJ. Have you manage to get it and install?

Hey Goh,

Just installed this morning at bks woodlands .. felt no difference but feels better cos stock one 5 yrs old liao and one more down on forester ts parts list of this obsured forester ts/sti unknown to me previously 😃

Cheers.

Screenshot_20230411-120002_Chrome.jpg

• Praise 1

Finally installed resprayed matt silver gearbox trim, new 3M scotchguard wrapped gearbox panel and new plastic trim as the latter two had been scratched and stained to unsightly appearance. 🥳🥳

Screenshot_20230418-214658_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20230418-214707_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20230418-214617_Drive.jpg

• Praise 2

Would like to check with bros here.

I drive a 2016 NA. 2 days ago my battery went flat and I got a tyre shop to change the battery for me onsite. However, after changing the battery, I am unable to wind up/down the window on the front passenger's side from the control at the driver's side, the winding of the window using the switch at front passenger's door works fine. FYI, no problem winding the rest of the windows from the driver's control switch as well.

Is there anything which needs to be done to re-enable to windows control from the driver's side ? It was still working the day before the battery went flat.

On 4/18/2023 at 9:52 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Finally installed resprayed matt silver gearbox trim, new 3M scotchguard wrapped gearbox panel and new plastic trim as the latter two had been scratched and stained to unsightly appearance. 🥳🥳

Screenshot_20230418-214658_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20230418-214707_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20230418-214617_Drive.jpg

How you remove the panels? Mine also scratched badly. Thinking of getting that out and do something to cover the scratches.

On 4/20/2023 at 4:54 PM, Stratovarius said:

How you remove the panels? Mine also scratched badly. Thinking of getting that out and do something to cover the scratches.

Hi Stratovarious,

I had my brand new one ppf wrapped and ws did the removal and install .. I am no good with diy even for wrap and had to use 3M scotchguard instead of preferred thinner but better scratch removal Xpel Ultimate while some mentioned Xpel shows more orange peel.

But if you are diyer, pls refer to this video from Subispeed which I believe is quite clear:

You can save a lot cos Xpel can be bought from Carousell at 30+ while it cost me higher than expected 100 at ExteriorWrap@Autopoint and rikecool with Xpel quoted me 120.

Cheers.

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

On 4/20/2023 at 5:44 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Stratovarious,

I had my brand new one ppf wrapped and ws did the removal and install .. I am no good with diy even for wrap and had to use 3M scotchguard instead of preferred thinner but better scratch removal Xpel Ultimate while some mentioned Xpel shows more orange peel.

But if you are diyer, pls refer to this video from Subispeed which I believe is quite clear:

You can save a lot cos Xpel can be bought from Carousell at 30+ while it cost me higher than expected 100 at ExteriorWrap@Autopoint and rikecool with Xpel quoted me 120.

Cheers.

Thanks! Looks doable. Think as long as can pull the 2 side handles out should be easy.

On 4/20/2023 at 6:10 PM, Stratovarius said:

Thanks! Looks doable. Think as long as can pull the 2 side handles out should be easy.

Hey Strato,

Installer took 1 sec for each side handle 😂 Think just need to ensure not to pull overly on cables/connector. 

You will need to find very fine polish to buff scratches off piano black and do pm me if you wish to pick up my old one (also stained in patches) to try .. throwing it away soon.

And ppf wrapped of course else same scratches/stain soon 😅

Cheers.

Edited by richard_crl032

On 4/20/2023 at 6:10 PM, Stratovarius said:

Oops .. just remembered I hv black overlay if you want in case you fail to buff off scratches.

This is from Japan of what I believe is good quality one using 3M material .. sgd20 together with my old panel if you wish since I no longer have use for them.

Cheers.

16819872109064570899175976858572.jpg

16819872924168905133220530457083.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032

On 4/20/2023 at 6:40 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Oops .. just remembered I hv black overlay if you want in case you fail to buff off scratches.

This is from Japan of what I believe is good quality one using 3M material .. sgd20 together with my old panel if you wish since I no longer have use for them.

Cheers.

16819872109064570899175976858572.jpg

16819872924168905133220530457083.jpg

Oh. You have a spare panel with the overlay? Why have to buy another one then? I'm interested. Was planning to take it out a spray. Lol.

On 4/20/2023 at 7:35 PM, Stratovarius said:

Oh. You have a spare panel with the overlay? Why have to buy another one then? I'm interested. Was planning to take it out a spray. Lol.

Pls dun laugh .. I forgot about it as bought the overlay quite some time ago but I know my limited diy skill as well as I hope for the best new replacement and oso din find subispeed video.

It was only recently with new engine that I decided to give my fxt a new lease of life .. inside and outside especially with escalating COE $ 🤒

Just to be clear, spare new one bought oreli wrapped and installed .. current spare one offered is removed scratched/stained one which you can try yr diy skill to use overlay on to cover scratches/stain 🙏🙏

I would not recommend spray painting over such clear plastic as I dun think it will adhere even if you use primer unless pro paint ws that will cost you quite a bit  .. and you still hv to wrap it.

Cheers.

Edited by richard_crl032

Anyone knows how much is Subaru XT side mirror replacement cost?
Today one of lorry cut my lane, I applied brake to avoid hit but was not able to save my mirror cover. Mirror seems ok but only broken cover and little bit light chipped.

If I go to subaru they will ask to replace entire unit which could easily cost 500~600$ (not sure about the price)?
Is there any workshop which can only change white external cover, and if anyone changed it and how much did you paid for that including labor cost?

Thanks in advance.

@commonjunks 
Go Lesun. Lower side mirror cover is $35 and the signal indicator is $75. Price is before GST.
Is quite easy to DIY fix the items.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1