TrinhNgocLong 1st Gear May 22, 2018 Share May 22, 2018 Hi Long, Good to have met you at Aestmod during lunch time to sell/pass you the pair of original fxt side mirror with bracket and signalling lights that I no longer use. Good that you had compared the sti flexible subframe bar in my fxt that I bought to replace the stock fxt subframe which is missing in your fna and understand why cusco 20mm solid is still preferred for fna especially .... you may not require you to install the missing subframe bar if already stiffen up enough without being too stiff aka hard aka harsh but believe it is be fine with stock 17" with more rubber than my 235/50/18. Hope the FM reception issue of your Android HU had been resolved but it is a cool latest 4GB internal RAM memory that you bought from Aliexpress that Aestmod is fitting for you ... good luck and enjoy once completed !! Lastly, hope you had also enjoy test ride my fxt from Geylang to Tampines via KPE ... keke !! Cheers, Richard Hi Richard, Thanks for the side mirror. It been saved my life :) Thanks also for the ride, it liked I rode different kind of Subaru. Yes, the reception issue was fixed by Ah Boon nicely together with the LED on mirror. I am happy with the new Android HU now I have 2 phones on car :-) Cheers, Long Hi Long, Can share the link for the Android HU unit that you brought from Aliexpress? thanks I bought from this link, please be noted that you also need to buy new reverse camera as the stock is on 6v and camera in on Android is RCA port. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Idoing-9-Android-8-0-Car-DVD-Player-For-Subaru-WRX-2014-2016-2Din-8Core-Steering/32869243167.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.385c4c4d68qTss Cheers, Long ↡ Advertisement 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
richard_crl032 6th Gear May 22, 2018 Share May 22, 2018 Where to purchase the Cusco 20mm frame ? Thanks in advance ! Hi Stealth, BKS will bring in the rear cusco 20mm solid ARB for you and install. Not sure if you wish to consider front cusco ARB and cusco front strut also and if you do, betta sign up to Sendico or MailOrderJapan and buy yourself to consolidate shipping .. will be cheaper for sure. Alternatively, it is also available at Japanparts and also Rakunten Japan. Cheers, Richard Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
richard_crl032 6th Gear May 22, 2018 Share May 22, 2018 (edited) Hi Richard just went to kpo to check the sub frame out in yahoo auction. 100 bucks cheaper than japanparts which is selling at 400 plus. With shipping at japanparts might as well buy from MI at least for this item. I should check yahoo more often. But the language barrier is a bit over haha. I bought once from amazon japan i spent like forever trying to figure things out lol Still very noob in automobiles, i can't quite understand what does this subframe do. Possible to explain in layman terms? Haha Hi Zpliu, If you refer to my earlier post with photos on FNA with and without the subframe, the bottom of your suspension are free without one. For fxt, this subframe links the bottoms of your left and right side of the suspension to provide rigidity but I find ...and probably Subaru STI also found ... that will it provided rigidity, it also stiffen up a bit too much which KC's shared post mentioned may worsen grip which is not acceptable to STI for their push for performance in the TS or STI version of Forester. In my case, I find fxt a bit hard/harsh on the ride which flexible structure should still give lateral rigidity but provides vertical flexibility for "suppleness" or more compliant or less hard/harsh ride which I do vouch its effects. Hope clearer and make sense to you ... but frankly, it is a trial and error and again, subjective to your expectation and past experience. Cheers, Richard Hi Richard, Thanks for the side mirror. It been saved my life :) Thanks also for the ride, it liked I rode different kind of Subaru. Yes, the reception issue was fixed by Ah Boon nicely together with the LED on mirror. I am happy with the new Android HU now I have 2 phones on car :-) Cheers, Long I bought from this link, please be noted that you also need to buy new reverse camera as the stock is on 6v and camera in on Android is RCA port. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Idoing-9-Android-8-0-Car-DVD-Player-For-Subaru-WRX-2014-2016-2Din-8Core-Steering/32869243167.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.385c4c4d68qTss Cheers, Long Hi Long, Glad all worked out today and glad to be able to help you as well as clear storeroom .... also get to pocket sgd40 after lunch for us ...keke ! Quite often, I ended up the day with frustration and unsettled matters when doing mods. On the stock camera being 6v, this is strange and not sure how Aliexpress seller knows or why would MI uses 6v and not 12v camera but I certainly did not change the rear view camera on my stock fxt and used it for my Android HU. Pass it to me the next time we meet or leave it at Aestmod for Ah Boon to confirm ... just wanted to clear my doubt. Cheers, Richard Hi Richard just went to kpo to check the sub frame out in yahoo auction. 100 bucks cheaper than japanparts which is selling at 400 plus. With shipping at japanparts might as well buy from MI at least for this item. I should check yahoo more often. But the language barrier is a bit over haha. I bought once from amazon japan i spent like forever trying to figure things out lol Still very noob in automobiles, i can't quite understand what does this subframe do. Possible to explain in layman terms? Haha Hi Zpliu, Signed up to Sendico or MailorderJapan or Rakuten International that deal in English ... easy peasy but I recommend Sendico for lowest handling fees. https://www.sendico.com/ http://www.mailorderjapan.com/ Sendico will be Shikano-san and Dmitry-san who are my best friends now in the last 2 years and MOJ will be Azumi-san who is also my best friend for last 10 years ... lol ! Cheers, Richard Edited May 22, 2018 by richard_crl032 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zpliu 3rd Gear May 22, 2018 Share May 22, 2018 Hi Zpliu, If you refer to my earlier post with photos on FNA with and without the subframe, the bottom of your suspension are free without one. For fxt, this subframe links the bottoms of your left and right side of the suspension to provide rigidity but I find ...and probably Subaru STI also found ... that will it provided rigidity, it also stiffen up a bit too much which KC's shared post mentioned may worsen grip which is not acceptable to STI for their push for performance in the TS or STI version of Forester. In my case, I find fxt a bit hard/harsh on the ride which flexible structure should still give lateral rigidity but provides vertical flexibility for "suppleness" or more compliant or less hard/harsh ride which I do vouch its effects. Hope clearer and make sense to you ... but frankly, it is a trial and error and again, subjective to your expectation and past experience. Cheers, Richard Hi Long, Glad all worked out today .... often, I ended up the day with frustration and unsettled matters when doing mods. On the stock camera being 6v, this is strange and not sure how Aliexpress seller knows or why would MI uses 6v and not 12v camera but I certainly did not change the rear view camera on my stock fxt and used it for my Android HU. Pass it to me the next time we meet or leave it at Aestmod for Ah Boon to confirm ... just wanted to clear my doubt. Cheers, Richard I see, sort of like the flexible sti tower bar which still provides the vertical movement. I guess getting the stock frame from XT owners might be a cheaper way to trial and error then haha but might not be a good choice cuz seems like we are both after a bit of rigidity but do not want to lose the comfort. More research for me then between the frames and springs. Just went to sendico which you have mentioned, they will purchase for users, solves my translation woes. Will consider using them in future. Thanks for the recommendation! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
titaniclexus 3rd Gear May 22, 2018 Share May 22, 2018 (edited) Locally not sure. But its available on japanparts 200 plus before shipping Hi Richard, you changed the original rear sub frame support to STI as it was too hard for your liking? Anyway just curious, where did u get the STI subframe? MI? Japanparts has this https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/46522 but branded Subaru instead of STI Aestmod didn't reply to my msg...will call them to confirm before I buy the rear view mirror. Hi Zpliu, which rear view mirror u go for? Hi Richard, your XT stock rear sub frame wanna lelong sale or not? Haha... Got my STI rear ARB fm Lesun this afternoon, will go BKS install tomorrow..... let’s see what the diff... :p Edited May 22, 2018 by titaniclexus Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zpliu 3rd Gear May 22, 2018 Share May 22, 2018 Hi Zpliu, which rear view mirror u go for? Hi Richard, your XT stock rear sub frame wanna lelong sale or not? Haha... Got my STI rear ARB fm Lesun this afternoon, will go BKS install tomorrow..... letâs see what the diff... :p Lol going after his storeroom ah Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
richard_crl032 6th Gear May 22, 2018 Share May 22, 2018 (edited) I see, sort of like the flexible sti tower bar which still provides the vertical movement. I guess getting the stock frame from XT owners might be a cheaper way to trial and error then haha but might not be a good choice cuz seems like we are both after a bit of rigidity but do not want to lose the comfort. More research for me then between the frames and springs. Hi Zpliu, Yes ... sti flexible tower bar is also meant for forester ts model developed by sti subaru and flexible subframe system is of the same engineering intention if you believe and my butt tells me that is working. Have your rear ARB done and great if you are satisfied to avoid spending more but if not, this is a viable improvement. Fna has the advantage of having already less stiff suspension setup, including springs, 17" thicker rubber tyres etc. and should be more less susceptible to loss of comfort ... unfortunately, you have to try it out to really know. Guess with planned pink springs, there is yet another element to the equation since all these work together, rear ARB .. springs ... subframe .. in this order or if concern on harsh/hard ride losing comfort, rear ARB .. subframe .. springs ... to experiment especially springs being most expensive, need alignment and can only reduce or at most maintain dampers life thru wear and tear since lowered and stiffer. BTW, we omitted front ARB often in the discussion since its effects is less and our major concern is on passenger ride since they are sitting on top of the rear suspension while driver are nicely in the middle of front and rear suspension ... in another words, if drivers feel discomfort on body roll, jittery, floating, hard, harsh etc. , passengers are likely to feel a lot more. Cheers, Richard Lol going after his storeroom ah Edited May 22, 2018 by richard_crl032 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
TrinhNgocLong 1st Gear May 22, 2018 Share May 22, 2018 Hi Zpliu, If you refer to my earlier post with photos on FNA with and without the subframe, the bottom of your suspension are free without one. For fxt, this subframe links the bottoms of your left and right side of the suspension to provide rigidity but I find ...and probably Subaru STI also found ... that will it provided rigidity, it also stiffen up a bit too much which KC's shared post mentioned may worsen grip which is not acceptable to STI for their push for performance in the TS or STI version of Forester. In my case, I find fxt a bit hard/harsh on the ride which flexible structure should still give lateral rigidity but provides vertical flexibility for "suppleness" or more compliant or less hard/harsh ride which I do vouch its effects. Hope clearer and make sense to you ... but frankly, it is a trial and error and again, subjective to your expectation and past experience. Cheers, Richard Hi Long, Glad all worked out today and glad to be able to help you as well as clear storeroom .... also get to pocket sgd40 after lunch for us ...keke ! Quite often, I ended up the day with frustration and unsettled matters when doing mods. On the stock camera being 6v, this is strange and not sure how Aliexpress seller knows or why would MI uses 6v and not 12v camera but I certainly did not change the rear view camera on my stock fxt and used it for my Android HU. Pass it to me the next time we meet or leave it at Aestmod for Ah Boon to confirm ... just wanted to clear my doubt. Cheers, Richard Hi Zpliu, Signed up to Sendico or MailorderJapan or Rakuten International that deal in English ... easy peasy but I recommend Sendico for lowest handling fees. https://www.sendico.com/ http://www.mailorderjapan.com/ Sendico will be Shikano-san and Dmitry-san who are my best friends now in the last 2 years and MOJ will be Azumi-san who is also my best friend for last 10 years ... lol ! Cheers, Richard Hi Richard, I heard it need this to use back stock reverse camera, my new one look not really show correct path. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Waterproof-DC-to-DC-buck-Converter-12V-to-6V-18W-Power-Supply-Module/32773917325.html I pass to Aestmod then. Cheers, Long Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
richard_crl032 6th Gear May 22, 2018 Share May 22, 2018 Hi Zpliu, which rear view mirror u go for? Hi Richard, your XT stock rear sub frame wanna lelong sale or not? Haha... Got my STI rear ARB fm Lesun this afternoon, will go BKS install tomorrow..... let’s see what the diff... :p Hi Titanic, Oops ... tot Zpliu was asking on the stock fxt subframe. Yes, please give us feedback for other FNA bros like Long, Zpliu etc. to know but believe they will hunt you know to test drive yours ... keke ! Cheers, Richard Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zpliu 3rd Gear May 22, 2018 Share May 22, 2018 Hi Zpliu, Yes ... sti flexible tower bar is also meant for forester ts model developed by sti subaru and flexible subframe system is of the same engineering intention if you believe and my butt tells me that is working. Have your rear ARB done and great if you are satisfied to avoid spending more but if not, this is a viable improvement. Fna has the advantage of having already less stiff suspension setup, including springs, 17" thicker rubber tyres etc. and should be more less susceptible to loss of comfort ... unfortunately, you have to try it out to really know. Guess with planned pink springs, there is yet another element to the equation since all these work together, rear ARB .. springs ... subframe .. in this order or if concern on harsh/hard ride losing comfort, rear ARB .. subframe .. springs ... to experiment especially springs being most expensive, need alignment and can only reduce or at most maintain dampers life thru wear and tear since lowered and stiffer. BTW, we omitted front ARB often in the discussion since its effects is less and our major concern is on passenger ride since they are sitting on top of the rear suspension while driver are nicely in the middle of front and rear suspension ... in another words, if drivers feel discomfort on body roll, jittery, floating, hard, harsh etc. , passengers are likely to feel a lot more. Cheers, Richard Hi Titanic I can loan to you to try but need it back since I am not settles on suspension-compliant ride journey and will be a while more to know if I do not need it. Installation is probably sgd20 since quite straightforward or free if you know ws guy or doing other mods at ws ... Sorry but this is one I do not have spares ... lol ! Cheers, Richard Thanks for the offer Richard, im good for now. Try the springs on my friend's car first and see how it goes. Have u considered the STI dampers with the springs instead of the stock dampers? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
richard_crl032 6th Gear May 22, 2018 Share May 22, 2018 (edited) Hi Richard, I heard it need this to use back stock reverse camera, my new one look not really show correct path. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Waterproof-DC-to-DC-buck-Converter-12V-to-6V-18W-Power-Supply-Module/32773917325.html I pass to Aestmod then. Cheers, Long Hi Long, Thanks ! If indeed stock reverse camera needs this 12v to 6v DC-DC converter, it would have been there and you should not need to buy it. No rush and will ask AhBoon when he has the camera. Cheers, Richard Edited May 22, 2018 by richard_crl032 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
richard_crl032 6th Gear May 22, 2018 Share May 22, 2018 (edited) Thanks for the offer Richard, im good for now. Try the springs on my friend's car first and see how it goes. Have u considered the STI dampers with the springs instead of the stock dampers? Hi Zpliu, Not aware there is STI dampers that are sold separately from Forester ts' STI suspension set up of springs and dampers. But the way, these STI dampers are from kyb which is not exactly performance dampers mfgr and I had test drove fxt with full STI suspension. For better consideration, I bought and sold the Bilstein B6 dampers that are designed and made by Bilstein Japan specially for our Forester with stock springs ... my price was only 1.2k vs 1.8k if you can get Bilstein distro in Singapore to indent for you but I try to skip it as it is very expensive consumable as well as it marginally increase the height of our ride which is not so attractive to me. BTW, it was sold to kaki who was previously with pink springs and stock dampers that I had also test drove several fxt and he advised me to stay just that since he knows my preference for compliant ride as B6 make ride a bit more hard/harsh although I felt that it was ok when I drove it ... it was fine for him as he wants handling which B6 is certainly way better than stock dampers. Cheers, Richard Edited May 22, 2018 by richard_crl032 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zpliu 3rd Gear May 22, 2018 Share May 22, 2018 Hi Zpliu, Not aware there is STI dampers that are sold separately from Forester ts' STI suspension set up of springs and dampers. But the way, these STI dampers are from kyb which is not exactly performance dampers mfgr and I had test drove fxt with full STI suspension. For better consideration, I bought and sold the Bilstein B6 dampers that are designed and made by Bilstein Japan specially for our Forester with stock springs ... my price was only 1.2k vs 1.8k if you can get Bilstein distro in Singapore to indent for you but I try to skip it as it is very expensive consumable as well as it marginally increase the height of our ride which is not so attractive to me. BTW, it was sold to kaki who was previously with pink springs and stock dampers that I had also test drove several fxt and he advised me to stay just that since he knows my preference for compliant ride as B6 make ride a bit more hard/harsh although I felt that it was ok when I drove it ... it was fine for him as he wants handling which B6 is certainly way better than stock dampers. Cheers, Richard I see. Thanks for the insight, no idea its a third party product. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
richard_crl032 6th Gear May 22, 2018 Share May 22, 2018 (edited) I see. Thanks for the insight, no idea its a third party product. Hi Zpliu, You can read more on sti suspension here: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f70/sti-damper-kit-495146/ However, I have no confirmation who made the sti springs ... probably also kyb who supplies both spring and dampers used commonly in toyota, honda etc. as replacement to original ones for non performance car. Bilstein on the other hands are supplier of stock to high end suspension system from Germany: https://www.bilstein.com/int/en/products-and-services/ Hence if pink spring do not save the day on getting a better ride, I may have to buy again Bilstein Japan only B6 for our forester to try with stock spring since designed as such which my kaki unfortunately did not try ...... and call it a day. Cheers, Richard Edited May 22, 2018 by richard_crl032 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
may_dream 4th Gear May 22, 2018 Share May 22, 2018 Does anyone knows how to switch / Ren on the beeping sound when reversing? At the moment, imine doesn’t have any beeping, just the camera with lines indicators. Would like to have the beeping sound on. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zpliu 3rd Gear May 22, 2018 Share May 22, 2018 Hi Zpliu, You can read more on sti suspension here: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f70/sti-damper-kit-495146/ However, I have no confirmation who made the sti springs ... probably also kyb who supplies both spring and dampers used commonly in toyota, honda etc. as replacement to original ones for non performance car. Bilstein on the other hands are supplier of stock to high end suspension system from Germany: https://www.bilstein.com/int/en/products-and-services/ Hence if pink spring do not save the day on getting a better ride, I may have to buy again Bilstein Japan only B6 for our forester to try with stock spring since designed as such which my kaki unfortunately did not try ...... and call it a day. Cheers, Richard Hopefully doesn't come to that. If not you will have to lelong again. Your additional amount saved from the harrier will be gone Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
may_dream 4th Gear May 22, 2018 Share May 22, 2018 It’s new car, just received it. So not sure why no beep sound. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Carhorn 5th Gear May 22, 2018 Share May 22, 2018 It’s new car, just received it. So not sure why no beep sound. You booked Impreza and complained tt you hv not received ur coe until come over to forester to ask questions? Hahahah ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
2022 5th Generation Subaru WRX
2022 5th Generation Subaru WRX
Kia Carens 2015: all new 7-seater arrives
Kia Carens 2015: all new 7-seater arrives
2022 Subaru Solterra BEV
2022 Subaru Solterra BEV
Sgcarmart Beyond Motion is happening this 21-22 March at Suntec Convention Centre! SAVE THE DATE!
Sgcarmart Beyond Motion is happening this 21-22 March at Suntec Convention Centre! SAVE THE DATE!
MCF Hangout to Makan. 06 March 2015
MCF Hangout to Makan. 06 March 2015
Advice on exhaust.
Advice on exhaust.
2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)
2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)