IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

Neutral Newbie

Hi all.

I have Q7 installed last year with default 32GB memory card.

However I found that the memory card only able to store up to 1.5 hours of the length (with 10% event recording)

Both front and rear cam are set with 30 fps, parking/motion/impact all ticked.

I lowering down the FPS but the length of time is still the same.

I remember my V7 able to store up to 4 & 5 hours previously, but I know that it cannot be compared due to different video quality.

So my question is: Is there any settings that able to improve the total amount of time able to store in memory card?

Thanks for help.

Hi all.

I have Q7 installed last year with default 32GB memory card.

However I found that the memory card only able to store up to 1.5 hours of the length (with 10% event recording)

Both front and rear cam are set with 30 fps, parking/motion/impact all ticked.

I lowering down the FPS but the length of time is still the same.

I remember my V7 able to store up to 4 & 5 hours previously, but I know that it cannot be compared due to different video quality.

So my question is: Is there any settings that able to improve the total amount of time able to store in memory card?

Thanks for help.

U can up size your memory card. Q7 can support up to 128gb. U no need to buy the expensive iroad brand. Just get the Samsung 128gb for less than $53 for Amazon. It is green in colour. Dash cam recording need fast writing speed. That why it is not recommended to get the cheapest spec high capacity memory card like the orange colour version. At least the red or the green I mentioned.

Neutral Newbie

U can up size your memory card. Q7 can support up to 128gb. U no need to buy the expensive iroad brand. Just get the Samsung 128gb for less than $53 for Amazon. It is green in colour. Dash cam recording need fast writing speed. That why it is not recommended to get the cheapest spec high capacity memory card like the orange colour version. At least the red or the green I mentioned.

Thanks for reply.

The question I am asking here is because based on the official website details:

Please use our genuine memory card.

*[16GB] 2CH/FHD*HD/30fps : About 3H 10Min

*[32GB] 2CH/FHD*HD/30fps : About 7H 20Min

*[64GB] 2CH/FHD*HD /30fps : About 14H

*[128GB] 2CH/FHD*HD /30fps : About 28H

I am wonder why I am only having 1.5 hours only for 32GB default card, by right it should up to 7 hours isnt?

Thanks for reply.

The question I am asking here is because based on the official website details:

Please use our genuine memory card.

*[16GB] 2CH/FHD*HD/30fps : About 3H 10Min

*[32GB] 2CH/FHD*HD/30fps : About 7H 20Min

*[64GB] 2CH/FHD*HD /30fps : About 14H

*[128GB] 2CH/FHD*HD /30fps : About 28H

I am wonder why I am only having 1.5 hours only for 32GB default card, by right it should up to 7 hours isnt?

How about using my setting? Event recording set to zero. Impact and motion sensitivity all set to low?

Neutral Newbie

How about using my setting? Event recording set to zero. Impact and motion sensitivity all set to low?

Exactly! Now it recordings more hours, and I just notice that the all my recordings are in motion/impact categorize.. no idea why.. that is why it save in the 10% event recording space.

• Praise 1

Exactly! Now it recordings more hours, and I just notice that the all my recordings are in motion/impact categorize.. no idea why.. that is why it save in the 10% event recording space.

When you set your events recording to zero. All the normal recording, impact and motion will be in the same folder. Once your sd memory fill up full. It will deleted those earliest incidents. Just make sure that in case u need to copy the video. Do it immediately. Don't wait too long after 3 or 4 days as it will be overwrite.
  • Praise 2

Looking to get the iRoad Q7 installed in my ride.

Anyone using this model? Any reviews on its functionalities and price point?

Or should i just go for the Q9 instead?

Thanks bros

Everything is the same as q9. The only difference between q7 and Q9 is. Q7 rear video camera is only 720p, whereas q9 the rear video camera is 1080p.

So depends on you, if you think rear video camera 720p is good enough then go for q7 lor.

Cost difference is about 50 bucks.

When you set your events recording to zero. All the normal recording, impact and motion will be in the same folder. Once your sd memory fill up full. It will deleted those earliest incidents. Just make sure that in case u need to copy the video. Do it immediately. Don't wait too long after 3 or 4 days as it will be overwrite.

Or invest in higher capacity micro sd card.

Like for me I changed from stock 16 gb micro sd card to 128 gb SD card. As I drive uber whole day, it makes hell lot of difference.

Before I changed to 128gb SD card, about 3 to 4 hours of drive, the video get overwrite already. Now I can drive whole day and go back home take out micros card, I am able to view whole day drive.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Hi, newbie here just installed iroadQ7? Want to ask do you all plug in to your vehicle fuse or the cigarette jack power? When Q7 was installed, already it was not optimal, engine on, its about 12.3v. So the camera installer guy said 2 reasons, car 1. battery weak or 2. alternator has problem. Turns out seems like its the alternator. But its still working fine as of now. My question is how to conserve the car battery, seems like after reading a no of posts, car camera drains the battery. So do i power under the cigarette jack power? Because now on 24hr setting. If only start engine then on car camera, does it help? Thanks!

Hi. I just installed the newer model TX9. Tested everything OK right after installation. I could view the video thru my android phone thru the iroad WiFi and did all the necessary setting. I was using iroad A9 previously and familiar with the app.

This morning. I tried to connect my phone to view the video again and I couldn't view the past recording and the live video thru iroad app. I tried rebooting my phone also unable to resolve. My screen is just blank and keep on showing the word "receiving video"

However I alsobnoticed the WiFi dongle is quite hot too. Even I plug and unplugged it also won't help.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Hi, newbie here just installed iroadQ7? Want to ask do you all plug in to your vehicle fuse or the cigarette jack power? When Q7 was installed, already it was not optimal, engine on, its about 12.3v. So the camera installer guy said 2 reasons, car 1. battery weak or 2. alternator has problem. Turns out seems like its the alternator. But its still working fine as of now. My question is how to conserve the car battery, seems like after reading a no of posts, car camera drains the battery. So do i power under the cigarette jack power? Because now on 24hr setting. If only start engine then on car camera, does it help? Thanks!

How to conserve the batt if so many gadgets taking power from it?

Get an external power pack to support your dashcam bah.

If you need 24hr surveillance then u either leave it as now or get the iroad external battery.

Cigarette socket only will have power when u on the car engine so it’s out of the question for 24hrs.

Can consider changing car battery if it’s more than 2 years old. But it’s only a medium term solution cos it will degrade faster than usual.

Edited by Ken_leong

I noticed my iroad camera will prompt "restart the system to protect the car battery" whenever i start my car . Any idea wats wrong ?

For Iroad Car Camera, most cars will have this message if the car is driven for short distance or short time unless additional battery pack is install for parking mode. The reason being that the car battery isn't charge up to 100% capacity during the short distance or short time drive. The longer distance or time you drive, the chance of getting the battery charge to 100% will be higher.

I noticed my iroad camera will prompt "restart the system to protect the car battery" whenever i start my car . Any idea wats wrong ?

Further to above reply, it's simply a message telling you that the device had stop recording because your car battery's voltage had dropped below your preset level.  It have prevented your parked car's battery from going flat.  Wonderful.

Check your setup (User Settings -> LBP: Power Off,) and perhaps choose the next available lower voltage level.  A lower voltage level means your device will operate longer in Parking Mode, although you risk wearing down an aged car battery.

A side note:  Although I've set it to 12V, the cam does not turn itself off when my car's Stop-Start System kicks in at traffic light, where the measured voltage can drop as low as 11.7V.

• Praise 3

Further to above reply, it's simply a message telling you that the device had stop recording because your car battery's voltage had dropped below your preset level.  It have prevented your parked car's battery from going flat.  Wonderful.

Check your setup (User Settings -> LBP: Power Off,) and perhaps choose the next available lower voltage level.  A lower voltage level means your device will operate longer in Parking Mode, although you risk wearing down an aged car battery.

A side note:  Although I've set it to 12V, the cam does not turn itself off when my car's Stop-Start System kicks in at traffic light, where the measured voltage can drop as low as 11.7V.

Thanx for the quick reply , ltr will check my settings . 

↡ Advertisement