2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

Larger is nicer... I think 18" fills the wheel arches nicely and with 45 profile tires look very sporty... BUT 18" rims and tires are much more expensive... 17" rims are much cheaper and to fill the wheel arches, you'll probably need profile 50 tires... more comfortable and cheaper and better for fuel economy...

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Larger is nicer... I think 18" fills the wheel arches nicely and with 45 profile tires look very sporty... BUT 18" rims and tires are much more expensive... 17" rims are much cheaper and to fill the wheel arches, you'll probably need profile 50 tires... more comfortable and cheaper and better for fuel economy...

Thanks for the advice!

I'll check out both permutations

The car comes with 16" or 17" from your SE? Wonder what freebies can get from the SE?

Neutral Newbie

The car comes with 16" or 17" from your SE? Wonder what freebies can get from the SE?

Car is meant to come with 16". I asked if they could upgrade it to 17"... SE said nope.

Car is meant to come with 16". I asked if they could upgrade it to 17"... SE said nope.

Hehe the car comes with 17 n.18 overseas as stock
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

There's a lot more of a range too! The SR in AUS would be lovely to have here in SG

(edited)

one of the reasons mentioned on why the current local spec i30 1.4T comes with 16" rims could be due to VES emissions too.. if it was spec with 17" or 18" rims, it would have direct effect on the emissions stats, might go up just enough by a few points that it wouldn't get the A1 banding ($10k rebate).. then overall price become less attractive.

seems alot of new car models in the market also switch to smaller stock rims after the VES system started earlier this year too.. all also trying their best to get rebates and avoid surcharges.

Edited by Coolant
  • Praise 2

First time considering K-brand car. Does the SE give additional discount on the car at Komoco if take loan from them? Usually what's their loan rate? Anyone knows? Thanks! 

• Praise 1

(edited)

First time considering K-brand car. Does the SE give additional discount on the car at Komoco if take loan from them? Usually what's their loan rate? Anyone knows? Thanks!

komoco works their pricing differently from other brands.. their price list shows the actual nett promo prices, not artifically inflated prices like at other brands..

hence they don't require you to take loans to get the promo prices. so whether you take loan or not, you'll still get the same promo price, it's more fair.

from what i remember the loan interest rate they currently offer is around 2.18% from various banks.

Edited by Coolant
  • Praise 1

komoco works their pricing differently from other brands.. their price list shows the actual nett promo prices, not artifically inflated prices like at other brands..

hence they don't require you to take loans to get the promo prices. so whether you take loan or not, you'll still get the same promo price, it's more fair.

from what i remember the loan interest rate they currently offer is around 2.18% from various banks.

Thanks for the note! I'm still torn between the i30 wagon, XV and Outlander, that why.  [:p]  

Twincharged

one of the reasons mentioned on why the current local spec i30 1.4T comes with 16" rims could be due to VES emissions too.. if it was spec with 17" or 18" rims, it would have direct effect on the emissions stats, might go up just enough by a few points that it wouldn't get the A1 banding ($10k rebate).. then overall price become less attractive.

seems alot of new car models in the market also switch to smaller stock rims after the VES system started earlier this year too.. all also trying their best to get rebates and avoid surcharges.

speaking of VES, does anyone know if high RPM 2500 failed during inspection, can outside workshop tune it to pass or have to go back to agent ?

Thanks for the note! I'm still torn between the i30 wagon, XV and Outlander, that why. [:p]

Haha! I feel that these 3 are totally different type. The i30 practicle, low Sedan driving feel with turbo engine. XV more on look, trends, good 4wd. Outlander is full sizes suv, with space, high driving position.

These 3 I prefer i30 wagon and XV.

I own i30 hatch. Happy shopping!

• Praise 2

(edited)

Thanks for sharing @coktky u are right. The i30 and XV has good rides, XV surprisingly feels like a sedan but i30 wins on the engine response. Holding back because a bit concerned about the Hyundai reliability as i never owned a K brand car before.

Edited by retrozz
  • Praise 1

Thanks for sharing @coktky u are right. The i30 and XV has good rides, XV surprisingly feels like a sedan but i30 wins on the engine response. Holding back because a bit concerned about the Hyundai reliability as i never owned a K brand car before.

Well I can tell you after owning 2 Hyundais 10 years apart that reliability is a non-issue...
  • Praise 2

I was recently looking for new rides and coincidentally, I also narrowed my choice down to i30 and XV. In the end, I chose XV because of its pricing, ride and most importantly (for me at least) safety features (including eyesight). Notwithstanding this, I think i30 would still be a good choie due to its performance and exterior design.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

I was recently looking for new rides and coincidentally, I also narrowed my choice down to i30 and XV. In the end, I chose XV because of its pricing, ride and most importantly (for me at least) safety features (including eyesight). Notwithstanding this, I think i30 would still be a good choie due to its performance and exterior design.

Current XV is a 2.0L car, whereas i30 is a 1.4L turbo car, dont know if still can compare between these two cars? I find these two cars are like in different category le.

• Praise 3

Was just quietly following this thread in search of a new car but so amused to find such similar considerations, was stuck between i30 wagon and XV as well. Went to Leng Kee to test drive both cars right after the car expo. Ended up choosing i30 wagon due to budget (price difference about $6k, road tax/fc for 2.0l higher, no min loan for i30) and ride quality (XV sounded surprisingly noisy during the test drive, i30's pick up was more engaging due to the turbo). 

That said, any XV on the road still catch my full attention to stop and admire at its exterior and envy its safety features. 

Finally decided to create an account to share my 2cents. Currently awaiting the wagon to arrive in June! TGIF to all!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3