Jump to content

Myopia - Atropine


Blacksnow
 Share

Recommended Posts

My son is 5 and his eyesight started deteriorating since he was 4. We tried atropine and it did slow down the progression but not much. He doesn't watch TV or YouTube, but reads a lot, he will devour anything with words, anywhere anytime. So we got to remind him to do so in sufficient light conditions.

 

Now he is almost 400 degrees myopic, which is crazy, cos I didn't hit 400 till my late teens, and my wife is around 100.

 

So now we are in the process of doing Ortho-K. My son did well in the trial, perfect eyesight for 9 to 12 hours after sleeping in them. Now we are going for the full treatment. This stuff really works! And the only danger is infection because of unsanitary conditions.

 

I think many ppl still get it somewhat inaccurate. Yes, sufficient lighting is important but after reading or playing games for about 30mins it's recommended to give your eyes a break and to focus on objects that is further. It's like eye "stretching" its muscles. Look out the window and focus on a tree for example. Prolong focusing on short distance like reading will increase the myopic. I also don't stare at the pc monitor for too long and try to focus on something further by looking out the window.

 

For us drivers as we drive we try to look ahead so we spend some time focusing on objects that's further. So for most myopic drivers their degree is stable. So do not just focus on sufficient light but also let your eyes look far.

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Supersonic
(edited)

Sunlight and vitamin D is impt too.

 

I believe there was a study that showed that children that played outdoors had better eyesight but I don't remember if they accounted for the fact that those playing outdoors would also be watching less tv.

Edited by Kusje
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I haven't see eagles wearing spectacles.  [laugh]

 

You need to look and focus far, at your prays, then swoop down.

 

I see drivers on the road, looking at phone, pads and dunno wat fark when driving. [sweatdrop]

 

 

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I haven't see eagles wearing spectacles. [laugh]

 

You need to look and focus far, at your prays, then swoop down.

 

I see drivers on the road, looking at phone, pads and dunno wat fark when driving. [sweatdrop]

Eagles don pcc :grin:

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...