A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

1 hour ago, hjchua10 said:

Terrible idea. Never ever let your wife know about this.

Don't worry, such advanced features don't work in SG. We can't even download the Skoda app from app store

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

3 hours ago, flashbang said:

Don't worry, such advanced features don't work in SG. We can't even download the Skoda app from app store

Wife will probably ask to mod to enable that function. Haha.

48 minutes ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Just wondering did all u guys follows SCS's recomended 15k km service interval or service sooner/later?

No money, so I will follow yearly.

4 hours ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Just wondering did all u guys follows SCS's recomended 15k km service interval or service sooner/later?

I follow all recommendations set forth by SCS for my stock car.

Just did my 30K service with them, and loving it. Looking forward to do my 45K with them.

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, adrian140180 said:

I follow all recommendations set forth by SCS for my stock car.

Just did my 30K service with them, and loving it. Looking forward to do my 45K with them.

I'm catching up, just reached 10k.

can't seem to find the post anymore, but i remember someone mentioning about a similar to chao tar smell when driving RS at a relatively high speed? like a whiff but goes away pretty quickly.

what's that about please?

55 minutes ago, Snokey said:

can't seem to find the post anymore, but i remember someone mentioning about a similar to chao tar smell when driving RS at a relatively high speed? like a whiff but goes away pretty quickly.

what's that about please?

Yes, if you rev very hard, in very short time, expect that smell to emanate through your air conditioning into cabin, while driving.

No one has yet to figure where it comes from, theories have range from either the clutch, or engine block.

No one has gone back to SCS for this, because they will probably just redline your car in front of you, stationary, and it will not occur.

Since there are more than 5 owners who have experienced the same, in SCS terms, it is deemed to be normal.

1.0, and 1.4 owners can ignore this post, because you will not drive it like you stole it, unlike most 2.0 owners.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, adrian140180 said:

Yes, if you rev very hard, in very short time, expect that smell to emanate through your air conditioning into cabin, while driving.

No one has yet to figure where it comes from, theories have range from either the clutch, or engine block.

No one has gone back to SCS for this, because they will probably just redline your car in front of you, stationary, and it will not occur.

Since there are more than 5 owners who have experienced the same, in SCS terms, it is deemed to be normal.

1.0, and 1.4 owners can ignore this post, because you will not drive it like you stole it, unlike most 2.0 owners.

I doubt so.

The engine has a fail safe. It cuts off at 3.5K rpm. On other it cuts at 4k.

On 8/30/2019 at 6:03 PM, flashbang said:

I manage to get it but then I couldn't log in. But the app should be useless?

13 minutes ago, hjchua10 said:

You had to change the country market to download it.

So now you have to figure out why it was not available to download in your home country to begin with. lol

5 hours ago, hjchua10 said:

It's useless, because the car has no internet connection. Open up the glovebox, there is no SIM slot.

On 8/30/2019 at 4:00 PM, Carbon82 said:

Simply Clever...:a-good:

Skoda Owners Can Keep Track Of Car-Sharing Children Through Geofencing

dd2a0134-skoda-geofencing-tech-parents-1

If you’re a parent and your kids are old enough to drive, then Skoda Connect’s geofencing function might be something you’d want to look into, as it can let you know if your child has ventured beyond where they initially told you they were going.

So in order to stay on top of things, all you have to do is pop open the app (on your iOS or Android device) and set an area on a map that you want your children to stay within whenever they borrow the car. This can be ideal for when parents are away on holiday and the kids stay behind, for example.

Then, you can either set a green area on the map in which the car is allowed to move freely, or simply identify a red area in which you don’t want the car driven at all. If there’s a “breach”, the owner of the vehicle then gets notified via the app on his or her smartphone.

Another thing you can do is tailor the geofencing function to be active only on specific days and at specific times. Furthermore, the app allows for multiple areas to be monitored, as parents can choose to have up to four area notifications active at the same time.

As for other ways in which you can use the Skoda Connect app, for starters you can access a wide range of information about the status of your vehicle: fuel levels, driving data or its exact position.

Then there’s the Trip Planner function, which will check your calendar and notify you when to leave for your next appointment using real-time traffic information to guide you.

Old enough to drive is already 18 yr old here. No longer a kid that can be fenced at this age.

What I would have liked is for the font pack to have more language types? So that when I connect external media with non english titles it does not show Boxes with X for their song titles.

• Praise 3

23 hours ago, adrian140180 said:

well as long as there are no breakdowns resulting from this smell, i guess i will have to get used to it.... thanks!

1 hour ago, Snokey said:

well as long as there are no breakdowns resulting from this smell, i guess i will have to get used to it.... thanks!

It is not don't have.

It is not recorded, nor reported yet.